Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley VROD and porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been looking at new BMW's this week. The 1100S is sweet!

Here's my current ride:
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
vee12
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Matt Hotch V-Rod

That V-rod engined Matt Hotch built custom won the whole ball-o-wax against ALL the custom builders recently. Never have been a big Harley fan, but that is one fine motorcycle...Holy Cow!!..and the sound of that modded V-Lux engine just ripppppps! It doesn't sound like a regular Harley at all. I heard the custom machined wheels on that rig cost $36K !
Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 PM
STAR57
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant even pee, it hurts so bad .....what a night, I wonder if shes that much in pain too...
OK now for the real juice, got 4 brand new installed Dunlop sp 8000 at not charge ...Nada!... Niente! ...Zero!
Im so happy as a pig in Sh....t!!!

You guys, give it a break I own a Harley and love it !!! I went into that slippery slope and what used to be a FXDL is a FXD-FatBoy did an HTCC Engine upgrade its 93HP and 96Pounds of torque.

Its not a piece of Jap-Crap on two wheels, and I can get parts anywhere!!
Could I get a Duccatti Multistrada .... sure, well I got the bike that the boys that defended democracy in Vietnam ride.... and for all the Nouveau Rich out there, that should be good enough !!!
The VRod technology will be the standard by which all Harley bikes will be measured, you can take that to the bank !! the boys in Milwawlkee are being pressured by the EPA and losing sales to the Japs.
They will come back with a vengeance.... Remember this in 8 years no more 45 degrees 2 valve air cooled Harleys.

FF
Old 04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Midnight Rider
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so here is a pic of the one I sold.
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight Rider
Man, how could you do that? Nothing wrong with your new ride but that thing is sex on two wheels, Ferrari of motorcycles.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Finn can you even jump a harley over a 40 foot double??
Haven't tried but few years back at Gotland Grand National (world's largest enduro race, I used to go there every year when I lived in Finland) there was guy with modified 1200 cc Sportster!

It had dirt bike's front and some MX Bilstein shocks in the back but that was about it.

The race runs on Swedish army training grounds, there's normally 2000+ rides out there in the forrest trail riding all together, race lasts 3 hours + the time it takes to the finish, usually between 3-3.45 hours, and this guy did it in 1200 cc Harley... I had 600 cc KTM which was badass ride for 3.5 hours but that Harley (& the guy who rode it) was beyon badass!

BTW, just to clarify one thing, I didn't (and I beliebe O.G. didn't either) critize people who buy Harley when they're old, just those who buy it so they car ride once a month few miles to a local diner.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:44 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wouaw! How are you sure you won't regret it? Mine is parked in a corner of my garage just in case...
Old 04-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Midnight Rider
Racer

It was totally a comfort thing guys. I must be getting old....at 35!!!!! Also, the need for speed was too great when riding it and I saw too much carnage in that group. So just gonna cruise on the vrod....
Old 04-09-2005, 12:43 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Vrod is the first bike Harley has made with ***** in my opinion. The only reason other Harley riders dont like it is because they haven't driven one! Heres mine
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2005, 02:30 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

See I do understand the motorcycle thing I have 3 bikes all motocross bikes than can fly. and when I say fly I mean FLY!in the air over jumps while racing!! I love looking at street bikes too, what power! The V Rod also caught my eye. I love the way it looks. The only problem with the rockets is, everytime I see one, I see my own coffin. And I dont think its what I would do but what the non seeing driver would doto me that would cause the end of my life.
WHAT I DONT understand is a bunch of old people buying leathers. For what? SO they look cool!! FAT OLD PEOPLE IN LEATHERS DONT LOOK COOL!! I just dont understand the whole mental illness!
When I see some 300 lb lady in chaps with her cheek hangin out of em, it causes me nitemares that I DONT want to have. Visuals that no man should have to endure.
When I climb in my GT3 I dont put on funny clothes or vests or things where my butt cheeks hang out!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I am not into the whole harley thing. I think the V Rod is a good bike, but thats the only harley I'm attracted to.

Every year in my town there is a big biker get together. The city closes down the main street so people can bring in their bikes.

It is largly the harley croud that attends. From what I have seen they are a bunch of old people who try to act like bad asses. They may have been hardcore at one point in their life, but these 60 year old people with all their tatoos and leathers don't impress me at all. I think the really bad part about it is these 60 year olds trying to scare the populous, or so it seems.

What is so special about harleys in general(V rod excluded)? Compared to many Jap bikes they are slow, heavy, have ****ty brakes, aren't reliable, and they are $pendy.

I am a big fan of sportbikes, so Harley's aren't my cup of tea, but to each his own...or so I'm told.

Sorry if I have offended you....and I don't really know what else to say...
Eric
Old 04-10-2005, 07:05 AM
STAR57
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK Dash01 point taken!!, with 401 posts....its time to become a paid member.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Midnight Rider
Racer

I wear full leathers everytime I ride. No posing, just full functionality and safety: "Power ranger" suit for when I had the ducati and a low key pair of padded and reinforced black leather pants and a black retro ducati jacket and FULL FACE HELMET even when on the vrod. I like my skin...........
Old 04-10-2005, 12:37 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

I wear full leathers everytime I ride. No posing, just full functionality and safety: "Power ranger" suit for when I had the ducati and a low key pair of padded and reinforced black leather pants and a black retro ducati jacket and FULL FACE HELMET even when on the vrod. I like my skin...........
yep, full leathers are cheaper than a skin graft
Old 04-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STAR57
OK Dash01 point taken!!, with 401 posts....its time to become a paid member.
**** yah it is. My parents aren't diggin' the idea of using their credit card to pay for it, or paypal. I need to get a money order soon. I am 17 incase you wondered...

I will get on that right now...
Eric

Quick Reply: Harley VROD and porsche