nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hal, you look pretty badass stepping out of the Turbo
Old 02-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks to all for the great day especially Jim & Terry for the inspiration to just get to lunch. I was whooped getting home last night, 13 hours door to door. Have a few more photos as soon as I can get them posted I will.

Tough to really meet everyone but great to put a face to most and get out there for some really great backroads.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:45 AM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Originally Posted by c4bliss
GT, What happened to you? We never saw you after the Army base?
Originally Posted by CAHRERA
So Louis,

What happened to you? We had to leave but I see you finally made it. We were wondering if you had to turn around because your car was to low to get through some of the roads.
c4bliss/cahrera, thanks for asking... Well, to cut the story short, my car was a bit too low (even though it's about an inch higher than usual), and my tires were just like velcro picking up every single rock on the road... Bottom line, I drove 10-15mph all the way until I got out of the hills. Next time I'll hire a street sweeper to go in front of me... As I got to the restaurant, my tires were still throwing rocks... I was so sorry to be late, but I just had my rear bumper repainted, so I thought I'd save the paint job...

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Your car is AWESOME! But too QUIET!
Thanks Scott... Yours is gorgeous too! If you want to join the dark side, I'll help you get those decibels as low as mine hehehe
Old 02-08-2005, 02:56 AM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Great pictures GT-Racer! Wish I was there. I nominate you for official BAR photographer.
Hey Joe, thanks for the compliment and the nomination man... I'm looking forward to the next run and meeting you there!
Old 02-08-2005, 03:03 AM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Originally Posted by SharkSkin
Great pix! GT, can you send me high res copies of IMG_0158.JPG and IMG_0234.JPG to sharklover@gmail.com?

Thanks...and again, I really enjoyed meeting a great bunch of people.

BTW... Eric & Jon from Napa... not sure which of you posts here or what your handle is... can you shoot me a PM?

Thx,

D
SharSkin, Just e-mailed ya... Enjoy!
Old 02-08-2005, 03:09 AM
SharkSkin
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GT-Racer
SharSkin, Just e-mailed ya... Enjoy!
Thanks much! Finally, I have a decent pic of the car in motion. Big bonus that it's with two wide grins.

I'd second the nomination but dude... I hafta tell you, you need to get yourself a car that can keep up if you want the job.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:24 AM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OH MAN! I missed a marvelous drive. Great pics all of you. I'm jealous. Hopefully see you at the next BAR drive.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:30 AM
nman413
Drifting

Louis, that road was killer on my car so I can only imagine that it was even more painful for you. I'm going to have to have my fenders redone with all the chips on the car. Erk.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:23 AM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Thanks much! Finally, I have a decent pic of the car in motion. Big bonus that it's with two wide grins.
You're welcome...

I'd second the nomination but dude... I hafta tell you, you need to get yourself a car that can keep up if you want the job.
Hahahaha, what can I say, I'll do my best next time!
Old 02-08-2005, 04:43 AM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Originally Posted by icerbofh
Louis, that road was killer on my car so I can only imagine that it was even more painful for you. I'm going to have to have my fenders redone with all the chips on the car. Erk.
Sorry to hear that man... I was in fact wondering about others having similar issues... I'll have to remove my side skirts too to remove the rocks... Oh well, the scenery was beautiful, and the road to get to the restaurant right after the hills a blast...
Old 02-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 906 Likes on 545 Posts

Yeah Louis, I was behind you for a while, way behind till I decided to take a few pics. When a couple of pieces of gravel came sailing through the sunroof, I decided it was time to pull back again. My wife really enjoyed the look and sound of your car. Makes me look positively frugal in the mods area.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Carreragal
Advanced

ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS....... I got lucky with the first on the windshield -- but the glass guy is coming out this morning to fix where the second one got me!! Brand new windshield too. Oh well, still a GREaT day! All of the pics are great too!
Old 02-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Ray H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice pics. Looks like a beautiful drive.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:48 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

CarreraGal(Liz) aka (LINE CUTTER, Bogarter, ),

I got Safelite Glass coming out this morning to fix my Freakin' Rock Chip. So hopefully we'll back to normal.

My car probably looked the worst with the BRA but it definitely saved my Front-end from all the Flying ROCKS.

======

Louis,

That's one reason why I'm not down low like the rest of folks. Jim and I were the first 2 off the mountain. And I can say it was a total BLAST going through all those turns at about 40-45 mph at some stretches.

It was a good workout and the car ran like a Champ.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HTML Code:
I got Safelite Glass coming out this morning to fix my Freakin' Rock Chip. So hopefully we'll back to normal.
CAHRERA,

How big of a chip do you have? Can you let me know how much it costs to fix and how well of a job they do? I have one that needs to be fixed as well. Thanks!

Quick Reply: BAR Big Sur pics