Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you sir...
Old 04-21-2003, 04:56 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Ron:
<strong>The tow hook with the integrated jack point is $265. The Jack point only is $210. If 10 or more jack points with or without the tow hook are sold as part of a group buy a discount of 15% will apply. That's my understanding from talking to Adam, Gordon's son. That means $225.25 for the jack point and hook and $178.50 for the jack point only, plus shipping. Right now they have 13 left of the run of 30 they had made a couple of months ago. Of course they can have more made but I don't know exactly when they would be available.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Ron I will take 1 with the tow hook and 1 just the jack point.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:10 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Ron:
<strong>The tow hook with the integrated jack point is $265. The Jack point only is $210. If 10 or more jack points with or without the tow hook are sold as part of a group buy a discount of 15% will apply. That's my understanding from talking to Adam, Gordon's son. That means $225.25 for the jack point and hook and $178.50 for the jack point only, plus shipping. Right now they have 13 left of the run of 30 they had made a couple of months ago. Of course they can have more made but I don't know exactly when they would be available.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Ron - I'm in for one with just the jacking point only. According to their site and pics, it seems it's available in a number of colors...I may have to get a colored one for the bling-bling factor - any idea on color availability?

Let us know how they want to handle the logistics and thanks for putting this together.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:50 PM
96P993
Pro

There really needs to be a seperate Group Buy Forum...I think with some of the itmes that are not year/make/model specific we could get more people hopefully meaning bigger discounts
Old 04-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Smile

96P993,

That's a good idea although I don't know if it would be possible as there are issues relating to sponsors to consider.

I did email Viken and make the request. I'm sure there may be other problems regarding such a forum but I thought it was worth presenting to the powers that be for consideration.

Edit: I heard from Viken and he forwarded my request to John D. for consideration.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:03 AM
96P993
Pro

Im sure there would be some issues but you could also make this a great way for sponsors to unveil new products and offer decent discounts to Rennlist MEMBERS. I know there was talk about only offering group buys to acutal members, this could help that cause, help members get good prices on products, help Rennlist get more members, and her the sponsors with sales...sounds good to me
Old 04-22-2003, 08:02 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
I would like to throw in another alternative. It seems to me that at $178 for a simple plate to form a jacking point has been "Porsche Priced" (similar to supersized ;-).

I have access to a full production machine/fabrication shop through my wife (check out <a href="http://www.axtonmfg.com" target="_blank">www.axtonmfg.com).</a> I would be willing to get a price estimate for a production run of jacking plates...I can't see it being more than $100/unit, most likely less. I could be wrong but would be willing to check. I don't want to clone it but do a simpler design along the same theme...I was going to build my own anyways but this would accelerate the process. Adding a tow hook feature would not be hard.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Ron,
Please put me down for one unit with tow hook.
Thanks for putting this together.
Let me know if you need any info off line
Old 04-22-2003, 09:55 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

mike,
i tend to agree with you, here where i'm from, labour is cheap... say a fifth the US market rate.
i bet i could source someone to make a batch for super cheap. although, my only concern is the engineering specs in terms of tensile strength and unit strength.
i think a clone with slightly enhanced features may be the way to go.
any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2003, 10:56 AM
ApexL8
Burning Brakes

I was looking at this item a couple of months ago...the group buy is a great idea.

Are there any issues with running the car without the "sound tray" installed; airflow, cooling, noise, debris?

Thanks for any input.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:35 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts
I'll take one with the tow hook.

Todd
Old 04-22-2003, 01:56 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by ApexL8:
<strong>I was looking at this item a couple of months ago...the group buy is a great idea.

Are there any issues with running the car without the "sound tray" installed; airflow, cooling, noise, debris?

Thanks for any input.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">There are no issues really with the car running without the engine tray, bar some dirt. The main reason for the tray to come out IS cooling, this is so much better on hot days and track events.

Regarding Mike's suggestion to fabricate the pieces in Canada with cost savings in mind I do not oppose this however before we plunge on this we need structural strength guaranty for this product. The Autometrics at least has been tried and tested therefore no issues. The last thing you really want is to jack up the car on this mount and for the mount to colapse while you have hands under the car trying to place the jack stands...

For sure I stand by my order either way.

Opinions please?
Old 04-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
And let's also not forget to give people the credit for their intellectual property.

If I am not mistaken Autometrics came up with the jacking block / tow hook design idea so they should deserve to earn credit for taking the inititive in building it.

If anything we should concentrate our efforts in how to find an alternative to Microsoft products.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Smile

To All:

The following colors are available, they will be anodized at Autometrics for another $20. Colors: silver, black, yellow, red, blue. Standard color is grey.

Logistics as follows: We have to pay for them all at once, can be by individual checks payable to Autometrics also someone will have to ship them to each person, guess I'm elected.

From going through the posts it looks like 8 are spoken for so far. When it looks like we have 10 send me your check, your name, shipping address and telephone number( goes on the fedex shipping form) and what you are ordering which should also be referenced on your check. I'll then go by the shop buy them and ship them. I'll write on the box how much shipping and insurance cost and each person can send me a check by return mail.

Ron Schneider
3 Coventry Circle
Charleston, SC 29407
Old 04-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts
Hey Ron,

Do you have a PayPal account?

Todd

Quick Reply: Autometrics towhook