993 Forum 1995-1998

You live in Cali and you thought you'd buy dome 76 Race Gas, well...s

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Talking You live in Cali and you thought you'd buy dome 76 Race Gas, well...s

forget about it. 76 sold off their 76 Race Gas Division to Rockett Brand http://www.rockettbrand.com <<<Yes there are two (2) t's.

UPDATE: Rockett Brand just called me today. They are looking for a distributor in Cali and AZ....They post, "Rockett Brand Racing Fuel’s roots run deep in NASCAR, IROC, ARCA, NHRA and off-shore racing experience, where the company’s founders and formulation scientists developed and ran the world-renown 76 Racing Fuel Group up until its acquisition by ConocoPhillips and subsequent withdrawal from racing in 2003."

Nothing in WA state, Cali, Idaho, Utah, AZ or New Mexico, Kansas too has been excluded, so has N. Dakota, S, Dakota, Arkansas, Tenn, Alabama and Georgia. If your state is NOT on this list, go to their web site for a dealer location near you.

Darn, where do I get some race gas in San Diego? Anybody know?
VP Racing is probably the only alternative...they have an office in Wildomar, CA...in the middle of nowhere for me. But wait, they also have an office in Tijuana, Mexico...I wonder how far my dollar will go there???

Last edited by Martin S.; 11-30-2004 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-22-2004, 09:27 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our 76 station on Woodside Road in Redwood City is still carrying 100 octane unleaded at the pump. I have noticed the sources have changed a couple of times over the past 6 months, but it is still there at $4.29/gal.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 29 Posts

Martin,

There's also a Sunoco gas station in Placentia (Lakeview & La Palma) that sells race fuel, as well. I know that's a drive for you, however.

Rich
Old 11-22-2004, 09:53 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There's an old station in Santa Monica canyon, just off PCH, that sells very expensive high octane fuel....
JRG
Old 11-22-2004, 10:00 PM
dld
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep looking! I found, completely by accident, a small, family-owned gas station in San Mateo (Bay Area), behind a Safeway, that sells racing fuel! I was hanging out waiting for my wife while she was getting a manicure nearby, and I couldn't believe what I found. They sell unleaded at 104 octane, leaded at 110. It's about $5.20 a gallon for the unleaded. I fill up a 5 gallon can every couple weeks and mix into both my cars. They love it.

Derek
Old 11-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Derek - Where in San Mateo? That's a lot closer for me than going to Woodside or over the bridge to ERC in San Lorenzo.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:20 PM
dld
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom,

I'll try to find an address. In the meantime, here's my best description. Heading north on El Camino, just north of 92, there's a Safeway on the right. Turn right on the street just before Safeway. There's a Starbucks on the corner (what else...). Drive past Safeway, and then turn left. The street bends around to the right, and on your right, in sight of the intersection, is the gas station. They close around noon on Saturday, not open at all on Sunday. It's a family-owned place. They're very nice.

Derek
Old 11-22-2004, 10:26 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 911
Martin,

There's also a Sunoco gas station in Placentia (Lakeview & La Palma) that sells race fuel, as well. I know that's a drive for you, however.

Rich
Cool, thanks Rich! Placentia is our neighboring city. Plus my wife works in Placentia and I now have another reason to bring her flowers at work, which is usually just after I buy something for the 993
Old 11-22-2004, 10:35 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
I now have another reason to bring her flowers at work, which is usually just after I buy something for the 993
Gets flowers often, does she?
Old 11-22-2004, 10:36 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry gang. The place, Canyon Service, that JG mentioned above was shuttered a week or so ago. No more Trick for those of us on the west side. That was the last bastion and it is now a thing of the past.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:41 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Christian: Was that the little quaint gas station with the old fashioned pumps, the real picturesque startion?

And... what about putting a bottle of octane boost in with your gas, would this be the same? Probably a lame question but am curious.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:12 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's the place Alan. Landlord fenced it up, removed the pumps along with some funky eviction notice about nine days ago while the owner, Brian Clark, was away. As it was almost a historical landmark and considered somewhat of a Palisades totem for us old schoolers, the "booting out" even made our local paper. Things change and life moves on.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:14 PM
ppressle
Rennlist Member

Default Is this the place in San Mateo?

a small, family-owned gas station in San Mateo (Bay Area), behind a Safeway, that sells racing fuel!
Yahoo map of Bob Reed Gas

These search engines continue to amaze me...

Thanks,
Pete
Old 11-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts

Thanks for the tip on Placentia. I am also going to check out VP Race Gas...I wonder if it is any cheaper in Tijuana. Could this be a group buy?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:29 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by kkim
Gets flowers often, does she?
Unfortunately, not often enough. Damn Euro/Dollar exchange rate

Yeah lets go to TJ with some fiberglass swimming pools and fillem up

Quick Reply: You live in Cali and you thought you'd buy dome 76 Race Gas, well...s