Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 06:55 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...that was quite a thread...I did chuckle quite a few times though!
Old 09-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's all about respect. Those that have none gotta go...
Old 09-30-2004, 08:04 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Alexander I have never been in an elite club either. But I know like Joe says if you come in here with just a touch of respect for your fellow rennlister there is never a problem. There is no "elitism" about it.
So you should have NO problem whatso ever. We got kids to grandparents in here, Mechanics to Exectutives, guys and gals, cabs targs and coupes. Everyone for the most part gets along, real well. If you feel there is a snobbish attitude then I am sorry, its not like that at all. If you have a problem with respect then you get banned, thats just way it is. Its not hard.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:29 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've meet and done a run with Agro1 and found him to be a cool guy. There is no doubt that sometimes he went over board, but it was also VERY clear that a few of our "esteemed" members pushed Agros buttons just to see him react (also with the intent of getting him banned). There is always 3 sides to every story. His side, their side and the truth.

BTW this is just MHO I'm not trying to pick any fights.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:34 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mac Daddy. I am coming to Northrup with in the month. I will come sip some brew bud!
Old 09-30-2004, 08:41 PM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 66 Posts

and found him to be a cool guy
you can only be a 'cool guy' if you are ALWAYS a cool guy.

max
(putz, moron, and whiner)
Old 09-30-2004, 08:54 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OG- Looking foward to it. Just PM me around the time your coming down and I'll give you my cell # to be able to get a hold of me.

Max- That's not completely true. Even the "Fonz" lost his "cool".
BTW I'm not comparing Agro to the "fonz" I'm just saying that in my dealings with him he was a nice guy.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Old Guy

What do you mean you've never been in an elite organization?????????

I'm appalled.

The Big Turtle
Old 09-30-2004, 09:06 PM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This forum is definately a nicer/calmer place for me to hang out with Agro gone. I didn't enjoy seeing threads disentigrate into name calling flames each and everytime Agro got involved. Just MHO.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Rand
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OG

Doesn't Agro live in San Diego? Maybe he'd like a beer too.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:34 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Alexander I have never been in an elite club either. But I know like Joe says if you come in here with just a touch of respect for your fellow rennlister there is never a problem. There is no "elitism" about it.
I have to suggest otherwise. A review of this thread reveals folks toasting internet cocktails to Agro's bannishment, and in fact, mocking him, immitating him and basking in their success of ridding him from their community.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=Rumors

Not elitist arrogance ? OK, how about Aristocratic condemnation of one who does not fit the "mold" of those with Self-Prescribed Titles of belonging ?

It has nothing to do with respect, more often than not Agro was tongue in cheek and was bustin' ***** with no harm being done. Those that could not see thru this got put out of their Utopian Comfort Zone and ended up pointing their fingers crying for him to be eliminated from their "cliquish" community.

Go figure, but guess what happens when you point your finger at someone else ? You've got 3 other fingers pointing right back at YOURSELF !
Old 09-30-2004, 10:40 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mike I forgot to say "I have never been in an elite club, UNTIL my membership in HWFMR",
but my wife was yelling at me for being home for 20 minutes after a 4 day business trip and checking Rennlist before kissing her hello!
Kburg I am not mocking him in fact I will probably see if I can get him to go to Mac's place when I go down there.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ya, I really miss my ***** being busted by some chatroom troll. Maybe we could take a vote to see if we can get him re-instated? Anyone know how to do a poll?
Old 09-30-2004, 11:20 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Ya, I really miss my ***** being busted by some chatroom troll.
And it's hard to imagine that word "respect" was even mentioned just couple posts ago. Unless that respect was "one-way" type of respect...

I think it is very difficult to ask for or to expect respect from somebody you don't know - you have to earn it. And here, in this virtual community you earn respect of other people (whom you never saw in real life) by being helpful, knowledgable and open.

Also, I'm not sure why respect was even brought up - we are all here to share and express our air-cooled passion. It's just that different people have different ways of expressing it. I'm for diversity of opinions and expressions - that's what makes the whole experience richer and more colorful.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Not elitist arrogance ? OK, how about Aristocratic condemnation of one who does not fit the "mold" of those with Self-Prescribed Titles of belonging ? " wrote kdurg

well...why participate in such a community. seems the overwhelming opinion of members is that this individual was a disrespectful twit. it's believed his posts didn't positively add to the forum, but actually made some uncomfortable.

ok.

so his invitation to participate has been withdrawn. why does this upset anyone other than the individual in question? even though we've paid (most of us), it's still a priviledge to be here. no one is entitled to be here simply because the site exsists.

anyone a member of a golf club here? like it or not, some places don't have open doors to everybody. in the words of Judge Smails: "some people simply do not belong."

here at rennlist, it seems the rules are pretty simple...among them: don't be a jackass.

Quick Reply: anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?