Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 02:37 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Traffic53
no. i'm not related to John Kerry. are you related to argo?

if i've offended anyone else, my apology.

Nope..no relation to Agro. I too found his posts humorous. What was even more entertaining is how he got everyone buzzing around him in a swarm of chaos.This is the part that I find " idiotic "....how so many others couldn't figure out how to deal with him, so in lieu of navigating around him...they ban him.

Amazing what a little sarcasm and chiding can do to sensitive egos.

No offense taken Mike, at all. It's all in good fun.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Midnight Rider
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kdurg- Here you go again. You were the one who was arm and arm with agro during the thread in which he got banned. You were being quite the instigator as well. I told you before, be careful, you just might hang yourself ponying up with folks like agro. And here you go again. Let it go Man!!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:51 PM
wheelguy
Intermediate

Everyone who watches extreme sports does so at least in part, to watch someone really mess up. So, on some level it was fun to watch Argo self implode and unload on others, but there are other places on the web (AOL chat rooms etc) where you may watch and laugh in the privacy of your own cave. This forum was probably not created to compete with the aol chat rooms of the world. Spirited debate regarding the subjective points of caliper paint is fine as loing as it doesn't cross the line. As in most other areas of the civilized world, as Tony Soprano would say "step over the line too much and sooner or later you get whacked."

Also, is there any way to limit the moving beers, rollers on the floor laughing etc to one per post? I usually don't get sea sick, but a few of these posts are making me queasy. Now thats a reason to ban someone from posting!
Old 10-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Quote from kdurg Post #47:
"Amazing what a little sarcasm and chiding can do to sensitive egos."

Quote from kdurg Post #41:
"...one of these Self Prescribe Elitist Groups we all know exists."

Evidently so.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:19 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blickie
Kdurg- Here you go again. You were the one who was arm and arm with agro during the thread in which he got banned. You were being quite the instigator as well. I told you before, be careful, you just might hang yourself ponying up with folks like agro. And here you go again. Let it go Man!!

Hey Blickie, how are ya man ? How's that bad back...you still hurtin' ? I can't imagine that crotch rocket you got does any good for your lower lumbar issues.

Arm and arm with Agro ? Brush up on your reading comprehension skills. I had my own opinions on that thread entirely independent from Agro's. I shared the context of my views and in the end I digressed based on pointed out information in Rennlist's Charter. No big deal.

As I recall, you came out of no where without provocation and threw a blind homophobic sucker punch to Agro. Hmm...and you think I should heed your call and be careful ?

Seems to me you like floating around threads lookin' to cause trouble. Maybe IT's YOU who should be careful for fear of hanging yourself.

In the meantime, how about ponying up the $18 bucks and becoming a Rennlist Member before for you attempt to push anymore buttons ???
Old 10-01-2004, 03:21 PM
chris322
Addict
Rennlist Member

I guess the part that I find idotic is that the same criticism that is levied against the supposed senstive egos and people not be able to deal with other people on this board is not levied against Argo himself. He could not seem to navigate around people on the board that he did not like and not only did he have a big ego, it was a very sensitive ego as well. This is the last post and commentary that I will make avout this topic. But, the guy was an *******. We all have the right to say whatever we want, but it doesn't mean anyone has to listen to you or respect you. Argo did not have a constitutional right to participate in this forum. If people did not find him that offensive, that is their opinion. However, he was warned and he got banned.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:23 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Now I wonder how many authors of all those messages on this thread about importance of respect and being a nice person - how many of them will jump on post #48 and ask the poster to leave?

Or now some realize that flame bait and flamer look completely different when flamer/troll is on their side?
Old 10-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Midnight Rider
Racer

TOUCHE' Mike in Chi!!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Midnight Rider
Racer

This is unreal, even when AGRO is not here, look at the controversy he causes!!! Something tells me he sitteth at the right hand of kdurg. Let us not speaketh Agro's name again......
Old 10-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

The continuation of this thread tells me we have WAY to much time on our hands.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:51 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by blickie
This is unreal, even when AGRO is not here, look at the controversy he causes!!! Something tells me he sitteth at the right hand of kdurg. Let us not speaketh Agro's name again......

quick... someone lock this thread
Old 10-01-2004, 03:58 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I see no reason to lock this thread. For the most part this is a good discussion on the banishment of a former member. No one has yet to cross the line and multiple opinions are being expressed. Isn't that what a forum is for?
Old 10-01-2004, 04:35 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Quote from kdurg Post #47:
"Amazing what a little sarcasm and chiding can do to sensitive egos."

Quote from kdurg Post #41:
"...one of these Self Prescribe Elitist Groups we all know exists."

Evidently so.
Originally Posted by wheelguy
Also, is there any way to limit the moving beers, rollers on the floor laughing etc to one per post? I usually don't get sea sick, but a few of these posts are making me queasy. Now thats a reason to ban someone from posting!

Hmmm ??
Old 10-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

As soon as I posted that, I sent a PM apology to him for using those rolly thingies, telling him the irony was too much.

Maybe wheelguy will confirm
Old 10-01-2004, 05:00 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Guys,

When I first saw this post show up a day or so ago, I remember hoping that it would die a quick death and go on to page two. No such luck.

Agro was a total ******* and deserved to be dropped. If his posts were any example, I really do feel for the guys that he PM'd. He insulted over and over again members of this forum that, in my three years here, have gone out of their way to help new and old alike. How about insulting Gert, Robin and Viken for a start? The guy was a total waste of bandwidth.

The 993 board has been a much better place lately and more productive without Agro to stir the pot - the thing that he liked to do the most. I suggest we let this thread disappear to page two and ask John to ban the next person that says "anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?"

Hope all of you have a good weekend - I saw my daughter off to Italy this AM to work for a year, my other daughter is at SYR U and its parents weekend, so SU vs Rutgers tomorrow and my son has hockey try-outs this evening. Life is too short and rich to waste our time talking about this guy.

Quick Reply: anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?