Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 08:32 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Mike,
could you point me to the threads where Agro was the first person to start personal attack? In three threads I came up with: big red 1, big red 2, Gert's mufflers, other people were first to come at him on a very personal level. I don't know if they had a grudge against him beforehand and could not get over it, but it seemed like when Agro was joining the discussion they had to have a go at him. Same people, it seems, who represent "majority" to get him "booted". I doubt that "majority" is actually real majority, but simply represents simple fact that those who cry louder [to moderators], will get heard.
Now, do you want this "majority" to dictate rules, what is good, what is bad here?

I think our moderators are top-notch, but it's a mistake to ban people based on what grudge some too sensitive participants have - there is Ignore list, which helps with implementing "you don't like it, then don't read it!" rule. Heck, that's why when I'm going to OffTopic forum I avoid all political threads and go directly to Grid Girls.

Last edited by aam993; 10-02-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:54 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Sasha, I don't honestly think it matters one bit "who started first". If one person repeatedly involves himself in violent confrontations with others, that person usually goes away.

Whether majority is a majority doesn't seem to matter either. It's establishment. And that estanlishment did just that - established a house with its own rules and code of behaviour. Agro had an opportunity to abide by that code. More than once. He chose not to do so.

What am I saying here? We all chose our sand boxes. I happen to chose this one and I happen to think that it's a better place _for me_ without Agro. It's also a better place for me knowing that Agro can be banned. No, it's not a democracy in a strict sense, nor does it pretend to be one. Rules are posted on the door.

Agro can start www.rennlistsucks.com if he wishes. I will most likely not visit. Rennlist to me is more of a community than a technical resourse, although technical part has been very valuable. I personally don't feel that Agro had something to contribuet that others couldn't. Therefore a choice had been made that his detraction value is higher than his contribution value. I personally agree with this choice.

I do want the majority (or establishement, if you wish) to dictate the rules. I have yet to see a functioning society, real or virtual, where that has not been the case.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:00 AM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike- How can you say that it doesn't matter "who starts it". Agro had a group of people who openly admit to provoking him into a fight and get him banned. Should he have just let it go? Maybe. Maybe you would and your the bigger man for it. Obviously Agro couldn't, but how does that make him wrong? If someone is poking me in the chest I'm going to poke back. Does that make me right? NO, but it doesn't make me wrong either.
Bottom line, I'm not defending the things that Agro said (he could definitely take it to the next level) but I am defending his actions. He is not the only one in the wrong here but he is the one getting blamed and I don't see that as being fair.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone wants to be a jerk, they can go over to Rennteam and post.

Just my $32.00 worth...
Old 10-03-2004, 09:01 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by mac993
If someone is poking me in the chest I'm going to poke back.
If everybody started poking me in the chest, I'd start to seriously consider that there's something wrong with my chest...
Old 10-03-2004, 02:07 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agro was toxic to the milue of this board. He often changed the climate of a thread by introducing hostile attacks which he enjoyed as part of the on-line persona he created for himself. He was more of a contaminator than a contributor, and enjoyed the negative attention he recieved - just like he's enjoying this latest 6 page thread about him.

Hi Agro, I'm glad you're gone.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

fb
"He was more of a contaminator than a contributor,..."

Nicely turned phrase. And apt.

I wonder if John D has a smilie face thingie with a toxic waste symbol?

Tour 18
"Just my $32.00 worth..."
Old 10-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-04-2004, 01:41 AM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Hi Agro, I'm glad you're gone.
Is he gone, really ? Considering the "Majority" was so hell-bent on getting Agro banned, they sure are still doing alot of reading and writing about him.......
Over 3100 views in a week ?? Probably the most read thread on Rennlist.

Gone ? Think again.....
Old 10-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's 3,237 positive votes for the administrators of this site... hehehe...
Old 10-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Keith:

The most read thread on Rennlist????

Check out the Grid Girl thread on Off Topic.

Here's a thought: Agro can come back if he attaches a different picture of himself in grid girl attire every time he posts

Hey, here's another thought: He can come back if he meets the above condition, and only if you put up your membership as collateral -- If he reverts to form and gets bounced, you get bounced.

Naw, here's the final thought. Agro isn't worth either of the above. But of course, that's just my opinion.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:17 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Keith:

The most read thread on Rennlist????
During the last week +...yeah it has been the most read thread. Certainly in the 993 Forum. All time...no...Grid Girls hands down..Thank YOU STIG !!!

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi

Here's a thought: Agro can come back if he attaches a different picture of himself in grid girl attire every time he posts
You thought about that Mike ? Hmm.....You really must be into that cross-dressing thing if you'd let AGRO back in. What size skirt you wearing today ?
Old 10-04-2004, 12:42 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

A classic turn of the thread was MNMBLU's pictures, here he was taking pic's of everyones cars
doing avatars for everyone,for FREE. and Agro asked if he was getting paid and if he donated it to Rennlist. there were no good intentions in that at all, none. no contribution, nothing but ill will.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Keith

You are a wit to be reckoned with...
Old 10-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts

I have not been involved in the "flames" but know Agro 1 personally, as a neighbor in the next city over. He is a pleasant guy and very knowledgable about P-cars.

Quick Reply: anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?