Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:53 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike S- how you fail to see the fault on both sides here is mind blowing. But I guess that is where we are going to have to agree to disagree.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:14 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
A classic turn of the thread was MNMBLU's pictures, here he was taking pic's of everyones cars
doing avatars for everyone,for FREE. and Agro asked if he was getting paid and if he donated it to Rennlist. there were no good intentions in that at all, none. no contribution, nothing but ill will.
Well, OldGuy, I was with Agro on that one - I felt and feel that Alan was/is promoting/pushing his artwork too aggresivly(now everybody knows about his website and work for Excellence). Maybe that is because I do not like all of his pictures, maybe that's because there is [sometimes small, in most of the cases large] white signature of his on every picture(in my eyes yelling "MINE! MINE! "), maybe because there are people here who take much better pictures , while at the same time they are much more quiet about it(which makes you enjoy pictures and appreciate the author even more). But I was happy that Agro asked the question about getting paid for those avatars - I was curious to know myself too, but too shy to raise the question myself though.
In any case, Agro's question, it seems to me, was very reasonable for those, who don't know Alan and don't know what he is doing for living. Thanks to Agro we all know how good Alan is.
The reaction to Agro's question, on the other hand, was absolutely unreasonable for those, who did not know how much grudge and anger some people had in their hearts and minds towards Agro.
This forum is not for settling old scores. Private mail or face-to-face beer session is.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:27 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mac993
Mike S- how you fail to see the fault on both sides here is mind blowing. But I guess that is where we are going to have to agree to disagree.
Dan, I _absolutely_ see the fault on both sides. But just like in sports, you can't fire the whole team, you fire one coach or one player to restore order. And order definitely needed to be restored.

BTW, I am _certain_ that Agro _must be_ a normal OK guy in real life. There is no way he could survive in real life and acheave anything, certainly enough to actually own a P-car, if he was kept busy fighting with everyone out there. And I'm dead serious about that.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

C'mon...only 7 more posts and we'll clear 100. Is this topic beat to death or what?
Old 10-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

argo? who is argo?
Old 10-04-2004, 05:41 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Keith

You are a wit to be reckoned with...
Mike...now that we have each other's attention. Can you elaborate on a few, yet relevant issues on this thread ?

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Keith:

He can come back if he meets the above condition, and only if you put up your membership as collateral -- If he reverts to form and gets bounced, you get bounced.
Do Rennlisters with the appointment of HWFM serve in an Administrative Capacity here ? Whereby they have the authority to reinstate members and/or bounce members out as they see fit ? Your comment referenced above certainly does suggest such a role exists.

I am not accusing you nor will I mention names, however, several HWFM members act and talk as though they OWN the board. Apparently, they think this appointed membership grants them levels of authority and IMO don't think they're entitled to it.

I can see folks complaining to JohnD because they were directly offended by Agro, which by the way, only represents a small minority of those here. Others who complained simply did not like reading what they read...well too bad...there are tools on the board for limiting what you .....USE THEM !!

This is not an attempt or a request to reinstate Agro, nor should you consider it a sarcastic or cynical flame.

I am merely trying to address PRAGMATICALLY what others have also called into question....that is...does a small collection of members with HWFM in their titles allow them to govern the majority ???????????
Old 10-04-2004, 05:43 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike S. I agree that you can't fire the whole team. And I don't have a problem with Agro getting banned. I've never once said that was wrong, he was obviously given clear guidelines by John D. that he did not obide by. And punishment was given. My probem lies in that fact that he has been branded some kind of lunitic ******* and the blame for all this. And that's not true. But nobody else wants to talk about the fact that there mulitple people involved and blame should be spread accordingly. I also agree that order has been resotred - temporarily. That is until a group of people again gang up on someone else whom they don't like and get them banned.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:44 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Well alexander you're just good at being contrary. I will leave it at that. Since we disagree on so much, I will no longer worry about your opinion since I already know what it is.
There is so much good here --I will not bother with people who just love to stir
for no other reason other than to stir.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts

I believe it is Agro1, and now there are way over 100 posts. Agro 1 lives on!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

What I want to know is, why can Jim Bob use my old avatar and get away w/ it when I was attacked by the clones
Old 10-04-2004, 06:23 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy - You have the best avatar ever - period!!
Oh yeah, I guess my hopes of an OSU - USC national championship showdown were dashed with the demise of the Buckeyes at the hands of the Wildcats (huh??? Wildcats???) Oh well, I guess now they can be the Luckeyes? Maybe the Suckeyes?? No way - still the Buckeyes O - H - I - O (but is it possible to bench Laydown Ross for one game and see how the freshman can do?).

What I almost forgot what this thread was about.... no way man - Agro rocks! He's the best! Difference of opinion! Freedom of speech and all that! You HWFMR guys/gals all suck! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Now that I have that I have that off my back we can now go back to our regular scheduled programming.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Alex,

Randy was referring to the Bat Boy avatar.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Randy M
Drifting

I was talking about my old batboy avatar. I do like my current one though, thanks for the comment.

'SC has both Cal and ASU at home for the next 2 games. If we get past the next 2 weeks unscathed then it should be a cake walk to the BCS game.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:47 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah yes, The Bat Boy. Very nice. I love this one. Oh the face! Where do you find these? Cal on USC turf?? A much easier game IMO then Cal at home. Those Berkely boys get that good Liberal strength from Cal Communist Party when they are at home.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Randy M
Drifting

I think Cal hates 'SC even more than Stanford because 'SC represents everything that Cal hates. They call us the devil. I call them poor hygiene lunatics....

Quick Reply: anyone want to talk more about this argo guy being banned?