Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schmitt Motorcars Strikes Again

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:33 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time you have a layover in StL, go to St. Louis Motorsports in Chesterfield Valley. Bentley/Maserati/Lamborghini dealer with Ferrari service. They always have an impressive inventory.

If you let me know you're coming, I'll give you a tour!
Old 04-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Having just read through this thread, I must say that I have never heard of the phrase "or we will call the police" come up in so many different customer contact situations! Actually, I have never had to use it my retail businesses, nor has anyone ever said it to me. Interesting approach to customer conflict resolution.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Mighty J
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears from the preponderance of evidence with regards to this dealer that any prospective buyer must employ a few self imposed rules:

1) be extra super diligent and have a comprehensive PPI preformed by an independant source.

2) Stike the arbitration clause from the contract.

3) Be very clever in your own negotiating tactics and be prepared for any and all possible iterations of the terms and conditions of any previously discussed transaction.

4) be prepared to walk away

5) offer and agree to a deposit you are comfortable loosing

5) make certain you have thouroughly searched all other sources, i.e. RL, your local dealer, Pano, etc. for the car you seek

Blame only yourself if you find later that you have buyers remorse and remember, a negative buying experience will likely haunt you every time you get behind the wheel!

Caveat emptor indeed!!
Old 04-12-2008, 05:44 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would add that a written agreement on the terms of the deposit would be required. Then again, if you don't trust the guy why even deal with him. I just stay away from people I don't trust.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Instructor

Default When will they ever learn...

Daniel Schmitt, Victory Motorcars, Premier...

And probably many more... Why on God's green earth would ANYONE go to one of these dealers to buy a multi thousand dollar USED car, when there are many, many fine examples of Porsches advertised every day by their owners???

Obviously, the buyers do not go to such dealers for "protection", or is that what they are thinking??? Why, I will never understand...

And prices are bound to be higher at any dealer, just to pay for the overhead...
If you are buying a Porsche, you aren't THAT stupid... after all, it's not like the local crack head buying a used Kia to haul his meth around in... Look at the PCA, Rennlist, and other owner sales sights...
What, you say you can't find just the color you want? Well, guess what? If you buy a USED car, you have to sacrifice on a few things!!!

Maybe you don't have time to do the search to find a nice used Porsche that is not being sold by some lowlife... that I can understand...

In fact, if that were the case, I would be glad, in my retirement years, and having owned 15 Porsche over 40 years, to personally assist a Porsche lover in finding their next "Baby"... it would give me something to occupy my days and keep the wife happy! PM me if i can be of help!

Oh, and stay away from the freaky folks that want to sell you a "PORCH"
Old 04-12-2008, 10:05 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think a little sympathy is in order for those shopping.

I remember looking for maybe five months for my car. Went to look at many dogs with my mechanic friend. One trip even involved a late night trip to Miami from Tampa to catch the sale (the car turned out to be another dog...). I originally looked for a black coupe and EVERY SINGLE ONE was bought up at asking price or close - very quickly. So I remember feeling kind of desparate myself.

The market looks rich when you have a 993 but when you're shopping and driving a POS like I was at the time the exercise can become emotional.

However... It does behoove any would-be shoppers to heed all of the great advice on this thread and others.

Dave
Old 04-13-2008, 04:39 AM
BrokenE
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi

Schmitt for brains
You should have shut up after your first post.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:25 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

What the hell did the salesman know about Zenith Blue, when DARK BLUE color doesn't even exist on 993!!!!
Real STUPIDO IMHO.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:26 AM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by f8vr993
What the hell did the salesman know about Zenith Blue, when DARK BLUE color doesn't even exist on 993!!!!
Real STUPIDO IMHO.
They knew exactly what they were getting into. They're trying to cut another deal that is more favorable for them because they knew he traveled quite a distance and were hoping that he would cave so he would think the trip wasn't for naught.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Steve.nl
2nd Gear

Default Update Danielle Schmitt & Co 2012, still the same

Originally Posted by carsschmitt.com
I am sorry that I responded as I should have known that no one would believe the "dealer". We were very sincere in our efforts and do strive to take care of people. You are right about one thing. We do have a few Better Business Bureau complaints. We receive about 100 emails per day, 200 phone calls per day and sell 100 cars per month. As hard as we try, you just can't please everybody. Any of you in business will know and understand this. Many of you will see, that we have an absolutely perfect feedback rating on Ebay. 121 people have left very positive feedback about our company. That is a very hard feat to accomplish. That would by impossible by doing things that this guy said. We have one of the largest Porsche inventories in the entire country and will do our very best to help everyone who is in the market. Thank you.
I bought a car from Danille Schmitt & Co.
I have 62 photos of damage, and this is without the pictures of the engine
It is certainly not “beautifull restauration”. I would advise everybody NOT TO BUY a car from them.

COA Porsche document is not in the car
(is the car really matching number ??)

Whole car is full of filler
Rust holes are filled with thin layer of fille
Rear Deck, can not be mounted, chassic inside is rotten from rust
Front Fender Left , rust holes on the inside filled with Teflon tape
Front Fender right, holes on the bottem side
Front Bumper is completely rust holes
Rear Panel, filler and fiber mats
Chassis left, inner sill outer sill, pieces welded
Chassis right, painted on the rust over inner sill
Rusted doors on left and right on bottom
Hood completely rust full of filter

Chrome frames are glued on the chassis, and let loose
Door and window on driver are skewed
Almost all rubbers are loose or badly glued.
On almost all rubbers sits paint
Driver's seat, the frame is broken
Wheelhouse rubber, left and right torn

Air condition is not working
Hazard is not working
Beam is not working
One window does not close
Gearbox oil leaks
Engine block is leaking a lot of oil (it trickles out)
Heat exchanger is sprayed with silver flammable paint
Oil level transmitter is unusable
All rubbers in the suspension are porous or rotten
Raised wheel HUB steerwheel is not in the car !
(The steering has exceeding play)
Radio “Frankfurt” is not in the car !
Shock absorbers are worn
Head gaskets must be replacement
Wiper pump and watertank is missing.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Sorry to hear of your travails. Please post photos when you can. Since you're new to Rennlist, you'll have to go to the test forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...blems-here-75/) to increase your post count before you can upload photos. Not sure of the minimum required; John D. (Rennlist founder) said that three posts are needed to post links and to access PM's.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Yeah, this dealership doesn't have the best rep. I remember talking to to a guy who used to work on my p-cars and he told me a story about a car coming from Schmitt for a PPI and it had actually been two cars at one point, LOL. I would rate these guys at the same level as Victory Motorcars in Houston. So lets see if Robert jumps in now, LOL (again).
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
ehanauer
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Who did the PPI?

Schmitt's brother?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow,that is quite the car and one of the worse PPI's I have ever seen.... did you get the car before the inspection? The #1 rule around is to have a good PPI before any purchase.

If you are in the Netherlands what is your recourse?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

They're down the road from me. And this doesn't surprise me one bit. Caveat emptor.

Quick Reply: Schmitt Motorcars Strikes Again