993 Forum 1995-1998

mnmblu VENTURA AUTOFEST PHOTOS Come take a peek

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 12:07 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Thanks, Alan! I was hoping my car would pop up sooner or later, and it looks great with your added work!

Also, BTW, Adrienne's avatar is fantastic!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:18 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

alanmnmblu ------> thank you for all the 'rennlist' candy.

Last edited by 24FPS; 09-27-2004 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:20 AM
casati
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey nmnblu, these things are like poster quality stuff. Man, they are beautyful. I gotta have one of these thing on my office wall to remind me why I have to stay late and where I spend my money. The white 911 with the blue wheels and carrera on the side is my friend Paul's. He was thinking about getting the wheel color changed. Im sure he'll see it tomorrow. Thanks for posting them.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:25 AM
casati
Track Day

Please don't show anymore of the drive up there on Sunday. Can't take it anymore. I kick myself everday for missing it.

THe work is beautiful. Thanks again, Jeff
Old 09-21-2004, 01:34 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alan,
Very nice Love the work bud. I might have to suffice and get a large print of someon's 951 that looks like mine. Since I live way to far away for you to shoot my car
Old 09-21-2004, 02:30 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you have put the mushrooms down and have gotten back to "real" art. Who's midnight blue turbo is that - it looks fantastic! Love what you've done to the 997 as well.

My new top goes on next week and I hope to have my wheels sorted out tomorrow, trying on my sisters 17" cups on for size. May have to get the cousins together for a pic, hers is a black cab with a aero 2 tail. After it's all over I have some poster ideas, though clearly I have given myself away as a non-arteest, so I'll leave the art part to you - I'll just supply the subject.

Keep 'em coming!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:05 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Beautifull stuff Alan!! Kind of painfull with my current dial-up but for sure worth the wait!!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:46 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Jim, thank you again... I was hoping you would like it.

24fps: Danka, heir Obermeyer. Guten Tak mine kint. (?) Is that even close?)

Jeff: You have to come to a run so I can take some baby pictures and you can have some fun with the posse. You need to join Rennlist, for about 15 bucks we can see your car as an avatar and you get all the other goodies that come with membership. Come-on live a little, we want you as a member. Not to mention the cooool vinyl, discreetly sized, blue Rennlist window decal, laminated membership card and so on and so on. Are ya sold yet??? And... thanks for your nice comments.

Wes, thanks dawg... I know you are an artist so when your peers enjoy your work, it's special. Email me anytime.

Fred... me thinks you to be a bit craftier and savvy than you make out to be, oh exalted tour guide. But then again, who knows, I'm still tripin and flashin back from the 70's. And... "Mr. Idea man"... I have a feeling that our crafty little fox friend Fred is pretty good at ideas, from what I have gathered so far. So... let's get some pics of those cars. And... as usual thanks.

Danny, thank you for coming to the party. I have always admired your avatar, I just LOVE and covet that helmet, Thanks for the nice words. Let's get you some DSL already, eh?. I thought everyone had it now, like color tv.

And Fred, I'm still in a purple haze. Check it out. Not from the show but seemed to fit the occasion. I also changed the name form Purple Rain for ya.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:16 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Alan,

Your art work is VERY fun. I love it. Sorry I did not get to chat to you last week. (I was chasing my daughter all day She kept disappearing with Steve!)
I'm so proud. She made me buy her a diecast model of a 917 ,"because it is so cool". She is 5.
Sniff sniff, I'm so happy!
Old 09-21-2004, 01:39 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Scott, next time PLEASE make me put the camera down to say hello. Ya gotta love it when the kids start to appreciate Porsches. It's better than a first step. A whole new generation of lunatics being created. Keep up the good work Dad.

Another? What a beautiful morning it was.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:36 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Okay, here is another I like. I call it GT at Capri
Old 09-21-2004, 10:51 PM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

This is getting downright unfair ! You LA guys get all the beautiful movie stars and now you get the gorgeous photos/treatments from Alan ! Hey Alan, when are you coming to Texas ? Really, just beautiful work Alan.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:27 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hendrix, now we are getting somewhere! Driving with our cab tops down, blue skys above, sweet song of the 993 keeping time as we look up and sing"...'scuze me while I kiss the sky..." Hendrix must have written that after taking a ride in Joplin's cab.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:16 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Yo Fred,

" Driving with our cab tops down, blue skys above, sweet song of the 993 keeping time as we look up and sing"...'scuze me while I kiss the sky..."

Not artistic? Sounds pretty poetic to me...
Old 09-22-2004, 08:59 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mnmblu

Danny, thank you for coming to the party. I have always admired your avatar, I just LOVE and covet that helmet, Thanks for the nice words. Let's get you some DSL already, eh?. I thought everyone had it now, like color tv.

Thanks Alan, yeah that helmet turned out better than I expected! As for the DSL... well I'm on assignement in Miami and I'm in a corporate apartment. I've been trying to get DSL since day one here, hopefully its going to be shorted soon.
This connection is soooo slow it reminds me the days I was signing on the net with a x386 and AOL version number 1 at 2400kbaud.... Its sooo painfully slow that I do not get to read much stuff here because the pages take so long to load...
Keep the pics coming...you are very talented!

Quick Reply: mnmblu VENTURA AUTOFEST PHOTOS Come take a peek