Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

mnmblu VENTURA AUTOFEST PHOTOS Come take a peek

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 02:00 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the Carrera pictures on the 2nd page of this thread, and the ventura blue and the ventura green and the... I cant decide.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:19 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Thank you my friend. I, like you, have so many favorites that it is hard for me to decide which one's I want to display. I have a little art gallery hall with halogen tracks and recesses that highlight my favorite pieces. Problem is, everytime I complete a new piece, it becomes my favorite... until the next one is complete. I stopped replacing the pieces, too much work and not enough time. My mind is saturated with ideas from an unknown Muse. I have been swimming through a votex in a sea of creativity and cannot stop my stroke.

Being blu is a good thing: Here is my newest favorite.

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-22-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:16 PM
azmi951
Drifting

You are not making this easier.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:51 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Okay, had some grief about the pop art. How about Impressionist. This is a little older piece but wanted to get some opinions to see if you guys like this style at all.
Let me know what you think.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:01 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I just kept thinking Alan is a modern day Van Gogh, now it looks like I was right!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:45 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

You know I didn't like the way my initial comment read so I gonna try again.

Jim, Van Gogh? I am very humbled by your comments.

Thanks very much Jim,
Your kids are going to grow up with good healthy egos.

Now that's much better!!!

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-23-2004 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:46 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Here is Old Guy looking for a runway for takeoff.

So... only one fan of impressionist expression, eh?

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-23-2004 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:28 AM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Okay, had some grief about the pop art. How about Impressionist. This is a little older piece but wanted to get some opinions to see if you guys like this style at all.
Let me know what you think.
Here you go... Told you to lay off the abstract stuff... first impressionistic, then cubistic, then post-modern semi-pop avant-garde and you will have lost us all... For us simple guys: Realism or Sur-realism. Emulate Dali if you will but not Mondrian!!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:46 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Sad to hear your comment Phil, I was hoping more people would like that style. It really does look incredbile once printed in a large format. The colors just pop out and I like looking at it. A lot of my friends have commented on how much they liked it so I am a bit surprised. Phil, man cannot live on bread alone. Don't like Mondrian? I thought 993 negotiating a tight turn at Daytona was pretty good. Is there anyone who likes the impressionist piece or anything other than the realisim or semi surrealism in my work??? I got's ta know.

And Phil, here is some surrealism just for you. If you like, I can always add a melting clock. I have posted this in another thread but some may have missed it so this one's for you Phil.

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-23-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:24 PM
993RS
Race Car

That's more like it! Thanks!
Old 09-23-2004, 01:31 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I like it all. For me to paint I gotta do realism, in wildlife its almost neccessary, but not always. I love to look at all art. I like monet but I wouldnt paint that way. I love VanGough (I know I am gonna get an earful!) but I wouldnt pain that way. I like your color treatments and I would/will buy it. But I wouldnt paint that way. One of the ladies I studied with is big time now look at how she treats her animals. I would never paint this way but I love her stuff. I studied under Carl Brenders (of Belgium) and I like to paint that way. But look at Sue Dunkers work:
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2004, 02:47 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Very well said Paul,

All art is beautiful in one way or another, really. It is an expression of what and who we are. Why do you think parents love their childrens rudimentary art so much, then hang it on their refrigerator doors on display. They love looking at it, not because it is great but because of the expression of life on display. Life is art and art is life, and life is everything.

Dunkers work is very fresh and original, I really like her use of color. You have a great talent Paul and I am looking forward to seeing your new pastels. Thanks for sharing the great pic.

Phil, you gotta expand your horizons. Look at the Photowerk (Porsche in Paris) as more art than car. Why not throw the image of a Porsche into the art for good measure, I say. Work it from the reverse angle, ya know? Phil you are such a smart, well rounded guy that I find it a conundrum that you are being so limited in your appreciation for the many styles and expressions of art. Although it is natural to prefer certain things over others. That's what makes for horse racing, right. I think I am going to keep experimenting and pushing the envelope but will always continue to produce the more traditional style of my werks.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:20 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Case in point, look at this pic that one of our Rennlist member son did. Is it a great technical drawing, no but is it art, yes. It has it's own beauty through his expression. Can't you just see the love of Porsches showing through?

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-23-2004 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:46 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Alan perfect example. Its what motivates the artist. Thats whats important. Because if you can't pour some of your self into it then its just a drawing painting or picutre, but when you leave yourself behind THEN it becomse art!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:18 PM
993RS
Race Car

mnmblu,
What are you going to do with all these great pictures? I find it wasted just posted here. Ever think of coming up a coffee table type Porsche pictures book by mnmblu? I'd order a copy right away...

As to art appreciation. It is not that I do not appreciate non-realism art forms, it is just that IMHO I like a Porsche to look vividly, gleaming machine-like.

As an amateur artist, this is my style (never did a Porsche though..)

Quick Reply: mnmblu VENTURA AUTOFEST PHOTOS Come take a peek