993 Forum 1995-1998

mnmblu VENTURA AUTOFEST PHOTOS Come take a peek

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 05:34 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil,

Point well taken, if you want to see a Porsche you want a Porsche. Nothing wrong with that and the main body of my work is that way. I feel a Porsche is a piece of art and should be shown in that light in a variety of artistic styles. I don't want to feel limited in my expression of such a beautiful object. There are so many ways of creating my photowerks art, with a Porsche involved. Another case in point is the attached. Even the majority of Porsche owners cannot see the Porsche in the picture. Does that make it any less nice to look at? Oh oh, that was a loaded question. To me, it is an unmistakable shape of the driver and rear passenger window that is clearly visible and is symbolic of the Porsche shape.

I have seen your work before and was quite impressed with your talent, you and Paul really have great artistic talents that should be further explored.

As far as waisting my work, that won't be for long inasmuch as I now have my domain name and web site. I thought that "ASGphotowerks". would be a good website address so that's what it is. The website should be up soon. I want to initially offer the big photo prints then t ****s, puzzles and hopefully an 06 calendar. I love the coffee table book idea and I just may pursue that idea soon.

You guys have been great and very supportive of my "werk". You have given me the incentive to finally get this thing up so that my werks will be available to anyone that may want to own one. This really isn't a plug, just kinda of answering Phil's question but seems to look that way now. Should I start over.... Nah, figure I'm just updated all of you who have asked publicly and privately through PM's when and if I am going to have a website to make my werks available to everyone. The answers is now, "soon".

Thank you fellow Rennlisters for really making me feel that my Porsche Photowerks is really something worth pursuing further.

I still have more pics form Ventura and will post em as I finish em. With such positive reactions, I don't mind staying up late to get these done for your viewing pleasure. I am truly thrilled that so many have enjoyed my werk.

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-23-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:47 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Alan, I just stumbled across this thread (I'm a huge 993 fan), and I just wanted to compliment you on your fine photographic skill! Very impressive! Very nice Riviera Blue Cab, by the way. I saw one last year at a Porsche convention. That color is quite... electric!
Old 09-23-2004, 06:01 PM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Alan,
Awesome stuff.
My favs: Page 2 this thread. #1) White "Carrera" w/ blue fuchs. (#2) Blue RUF 996
My opinion re: Impressionist . don't care for it. (since you asked)
I had the pleasure of meeting you (very briefly) at the 993 pre-Autofest gathering at Vons on PCH. I drive a '86 Guards Red 911 coupe, and glad that i had the opportunity to tell you in person how much i enjoy your work. Keep the pics coming........got any more 1980's era 911 pics???

Thanks!
Mike
Old 09-23-2004, 09:07 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Alan..... that last abstract is wonderful!!!

JoAnne
Old 09-23-2004, 10:56 PM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Alan,
Please don't get me wrong, I in no way want to be a wet blanket! I concur with JoAnne on that last abstract. Very, very nice indeed. Don't listen to me, Express yourself. Apologize if I was misunderstood. No reflection on your talent. Only a preference in my particular case to a realistic rendition of a Porsche... Peace and my the power be with you!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Paul E. Dodd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Alan,

Love the last abstract- totally agree that the rear window is signature Porsche. As much as I like the idea of the Targa, and topdown in a Cab would be wonderful (especially during fall), I had to have the coupe if for no reason other than that shape. Really like the way your last one plays on it.

But then to be honest, I love the fact that you can treat your subject in so many different styles and to me they all work in their own way. Great stuff, keep it coming!! Just need to get my new garage built so I have a fitting place for some of your prints.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:49 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Jonathan: Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad you dropped in for a peek. Come on back and enjoy some of the new stuff. It will be coming a bit slower now since I am will be concentrating on the website and other matters. But I still have to get my artistic fix everyday so I will try to get something to see up as much as I can. Nice to have a 993 fan hang with us, all Porsche guys are invited to the party.

Hey Mike, nice to hear from you. As you may have noticed, I get very distracted when there is a camera in my hand and a bevy of Porsches nearby. I feel like a rooster in a hen house with a one track mind. Anyway, I hope to see you again real soon so we can have more time to get to know each other and thanks for your nice comments. Also... don't worry, I am a realist about my work and know there are many different tastes in the world. Phil, did you get the remark about be a "realist".

Joanne, thank you very much. Why, am I not surprised that you like that one, hmmmm. I think women go for the more abstract then men anyway. We like things pretty concrete for the most part. Thank you for being so kind as usual.

Phil,
You have been a very vocal, the most vocal, supporter of my work, and... me for that matter. Your opinion means a lot to me. I do realize that you have a preference for a particular style of art for our beloved Porsche. You like a more serious, industrial look that means business and that is good, very okay inasmuch as Porsche and the Germans as a whole have the reputation of representing all those values. Why, then am I not surpised that you live in Switzerland. The Swiss have a no nonsense approach to things that is reflected in strick nature of the society. This is a statement of admiration from a very like minded, fastidious individual indeed.
So, no offense taken at all! I was just fishin to see if there were people that enjoyed that type of visual statement. I'm gonna keep letting my muse take me where she will.

Thanks again to you all. I'm gonna toast one up for you all tonight.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:04 AM
993RS
Race Car

Thanks mnmblu,
Just one minor correction. I am Swiss Italian and therefore latin, so can be flamboyant at times...

P.S. posted the photos you asked for on the re-gearing thread...
Old 09-24-2004, 12:07 AM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 144 Posts

Geez, I go away for a meeting and look what explodes! Really dig your impressionistic pieces but then I also love Motherwell. Fear they wont be as commercial for you as the realistic, embellished photos though. Didnt that happen to Van Gogh who died penniless?
Love the way you express yourself. Thanks for sharing some great images.
You have a fine eye.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:14 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Phil, I wasn't speculating on your nationality just that you live in Switzerland and that one tends to assimilate to their surroundings. And flamboyant is very good thing. Makes for interesting people. Nothing worse than white bread, ya know.

Uhmmm, what pics were those? I swear I am getting senile.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:18 AM
993RS
Race Car

Those that you said I had to post after the re-gearing...
Old 09-24-2004, 12:21 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Big fan of Motherwell, I always feel like I am at the physiatrists office taking a Rorshack test. And...... thanks so much for your great words.

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-24-2004 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:06 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Yeah, Phil, you got your car back? You must be whole once again, I'm very happy for you, sniff sniff.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:11 AM
993RS
Race Car

Thanks Alan. It was absolutely the very last mod until the next time...
Old 09-24-2004, 01:25 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Ha.... you devil, what's next????

Quick Reply: mnmblu VENTURA AUTOFEST PHOTOS Come take a peek