993RS
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably thicker sway bars...
Old 09-24-2004, 01:43 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike: This one is for you. The classic 80's Porsche, what a car.

Paul: Thanks so much for you comments, nothing like having a nice warm place for the baby to sleep. When does the construction on the new nursery start . You are so correct about that shape, it is reapeated all over the car if you look closely. I NEVER get tired of looking at that shape... timeless beauty! I think I will ajourn to the garage and have a nightcap with ole blu.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:46 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

So... I step outside this evening to see an ureal sunset.
Had to share it with you. Not a Porsche but there are Porsches underneath, Who can resist as sunset like that, eh? You like?
Old 09-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alan,

Thanks for shareing your spectacular work. I'd definately buy coffee table book, and can't wait to see your website!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:17 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Craig,
Thanks very much, how did you ever guess that that is music to my ears. Phils, idea of the coffee table book is VERY intriqing. If Kosmo Kramer can do it, so can I right?
Old 09-24-2004, 06:32 PM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Alan: thanks for sharing your passion for art/photography (and Porsches!) with everyone. I've actually learned a lot about how to take interesting pictures from looking at your work, although there is little chance I will actually be able to emulate your images myself. Also, I'm glad you captured that sunset last night. All I could do was look and ooh and ahh at it; you at least can record it for posterity. Keep up the great work! (Although it's not really work, is it?)
Old 09-24-2004, 07:07 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Hi Dave,
You are very welcome, it is my pleasure to show my work and get such wonderful reactions. For an artist to hear such things is like heaven on earth. Can you see me dancing in those clouds?
I hope that everyone enjoys my "werks" and I hope to have them gracing walls in homes everywhere. I am very happy to hear that I have inspired you to take better pictures, I hope you get a bunch of that beauty of a beast you have.
Thanks again,
Alan
Old 09-24-2004, 07:10 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Craig,
Thanks very much, how did you ever guess that that is music to my ears. Phils, idea of the coffee table book is VERY intriqing. If Kosmo Kramer can do it, so can I right?

OH MY GOD!!!! What's with THAT Avitar!!!!!! Summer of 69? Looks more like 1977 to me!!! I swear whoever that is looks just like one of the guys I went to high school with! Is that you??

Do you remember how Kramers coffee table book opened up into a coffee table with four legs? Your's could open up onto four Turbo Twists or whatever type of wheels you prefer..... cool......

JoAnne
Old 09-24-2004, 07:34 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Joanne, it is me, can you believe it. And... after thinking it over, I think that the picture was a bit later than that actually. It was about the very early 70's. Maybe 1971. I think I will change it, getting sick of looking at it already. Man, I get bored easily. I was kind of playing on the Janis Joplin era thing that was going on earlier in the thread. Note the picture of Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) and Robert Plant in the background.

And yes I do remember Kramers coffee table book. Your idea is neat too but wonder how practical or viable it would be in the real world. Great for TV without the realities of production, packaging, display etc. Very good idea though, thanks.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:55 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Joanne, it is me, can you believe it. And... after thinking it over, I think that the picture was a bit later than that actually. It was about the very early 70's. Maybe 1971. I think I will change it, getting sick of looking at it already. Man, I get bored easily. I was kind of playing on the Janis Joplin era thing that was going on earlier in the thread. Note the picture of Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) and Robert Plant in the background.
Boy do I remember Jethro Tull in concert at the L.A. Sports Arena! I think I saw him in '78.! That was a great show! It was either at that show or at The Who concert that I clapped so much I blocked the sweat ducts (glands... whatever...) in my hands and had these small blister like things for days. Oh the fun of youth

You don't have to change the Avitar..... you weren't too bad looking back then In '71 I had braces and very, VERY bad hair!

Now on more of your wonderful art!

J
Old 09-24-2004, 08:02 PM
azmi951
Drifting

I want one of your coffee table books, you all might want to look for a book titled "American Muscle" it has some beautiful photography and great anicdotes about cars of the muscle car era. It was around $20 at Borders/Barens and Noble. I would live to see a similer book by Alan with some short stories about the cars and quotes from owners.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:11 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm very afraid of looking at that new avatar for too long or I may go blind!!
Please change it! I don't think anyone wants to look at that hairy, speedo wearing, gold chain so thick it should break his back, guy any more than we have too. Besides do you really want people to think that that is you?? Or you could just leave it for a couple of days and let them have some fun with it!!!

PLEEZEEEEE.... back to posting more Porsche Pics. How 'bout mine???

JoAnne
Old 09-24-2004, 08:26 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Joanne, what's the matter, you don't like the way I look now?
The forum was my venue for concerts, saw both of them there numerous times during that period. I saw Plant and Page a couple years ago when they were touring together. That was great! I recently saw Van Halen, he was smoking a cigarette on stage, can you believe it... after his throat cancer. What an idiot. Haggar was great, he moves good for an old guy.

azim, I think I have seen that book. I love muscle cars. Speaking of 69, I had a 69 Roadrunner man that car was fast and sweet. I really had fun with that car in high school. The coffee table thing keeps sounding better and better.
Thanks guys, That's ice coffee I'm drinking

Oh, and I know I am setting myself up but here is another abstract. I just love creating different looks of the car. They please me anyway, I hope at least somebody else besides me finds it interesting.

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-24-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:49 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Joanne,
Your on the burner, remember, back burner? Nothing has come to me yet, it hasn't spoken to me but when it does the magic will appear. It's a mood thing, gotta go with the flow.

And... I have a commission that I should be working on, so that is coming next. Put that off too long, gotta get crackin. And... so much more to do.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:54 PM
993RS
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Alan, Alan,
First of all: The abstract is very cool! Really like it! But pleaassseee don't tell me it is a 993....

Quick Reply: mnmblu VENTURA AUTOFEST PHOTOS Come take a peek