993 Forum 1995-1998

Porche Shops in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 02:46 PM
Tone
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Porche Shops in Seattle

Any suggestions for Seattle? The only one in the Seattle that I'm aware of is John Walker's -- anyone have any recommendations about John Walker's shop?

I know there's some good shops on the East side, Bellevue, etc. but I'd rather not head out there unless the service is really that much better.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2001, 04:43 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is Paul Weir in Seattle (they used to be off of Stewart but they moved). I have not used them except for the PPI on my car.

On the East Side there is Squire's in Bellevue. I went over and talked to Squire last week and I like the shop and the folks there. I am planning on having the yearly oil change done there in December.

Anybody else used Squires? The shop was real clean and there were 2 993s, a 964, and a Boxter S in the shop when I was there.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:11 PM
Tone
Racer

Interesting - I had my PPI done by Paul Weir as well. I also had them do a $30K svc. I thought they were good, but more expensive than others. The 30K svc. was $1500 & I believe runs about 800-1100 at most other shops. I think Paul Weir closed down - they're no longer listed and old # disconnected.

I've heard very good things about Squires and would be my shop of choice if I was to go to the E. side.

I'm still wondering if anyone else on this board has used John Walkers in Seattle or know of another Seattle shop.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2001, 08:50 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A good indication of the *right* shop is to ask other seasoned regional PCA'ers where they go.

That said, and in no particular order...

Motorsports:
Fordahl Motorsports - Bellevue
PreGrid Motorsports - Redmond
Speedware Motorsports - Bellevue

Independant:
All European Autowerk - Kent
Autowerks Northwest - Woodinville (924-928-944-968)
Chris's German Auto Service - Bellevue
European Car Authority - Redmond
John Walkers workshop - Seattle
Redmond European - Redmond
Squire's Autowerke - Bellevue

Dealer service:
Barrier Motors - Bellevue
Robert Larson - Tacoma

My good experiences have come from Fordahls, Redmond Euro, Chris's, and Barrier (for *dealer-only* stuff... though I use Roger Jobs in Bellingham only because it's closer)

Good Luck!
Old 11-20-2001, 09:40 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts
Tone

Give Henry Luft a call at B & H Motorsports located in Totem Lake/Kirkland. He's a good mechanic.
Old 11-21-2001, 01:53 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey Skip, you forgot Akers on Broadway in Seattle. I've had very good experiences with them (annual maintenance check, oil changes). My wife's business partner has also had his 993 serviced by them for a while and he is pleased with their work.

I had Walker do an alternator replacement a couple of months ago. I thought he did a good job as well. I'd have no problems taking my car to him again. I think he is more familiar with the pre-993/964 cars, though.

Finally, AVOID BARRIER IF YOU CAN. I had a bad experience there. I guess you don't need to care about pleasing the customer when you have an unending supply of price-insensitive Microsofties and dot-commers. Not anymore, so I hope they are taking it in the shorts.

Skip, what do you think of Roger Jobs? I've thought that when I buy another Porsche, that's where I'll have to go (fortunately, they're closer to me than any of the other dealers).

Brett
Old 11-21-2001, 02:44 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have always felt that Barrier was insensitive...maybe that was in a different economy. Now it might just catch up with them.

I have the ******* about them after I heard they blew up an 996 turbo motor by overfilling it with oil. They also lost all of the Audi mechanics a while back due to conditions there.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:11 PM
Tone
Racer

Thanks for all the input everyone!
I definitely got the advice and reafirmations I was looking for.

For Seattle shops:
Akers: Very good
John Walker: Good, better on pre 993s (1 man show)

Eastside:
Squires: Excellent, many positive recommendations
Chris's: Positive
Barrier: don't do it!

I think I'll probably use John Walker's or Akers for routine/easy stuff - oil, pads, etc. as they're near by.

For more expenseive service or repair, i'll probably head East and go to Squires.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Porche Shops in Seattle