993 cabrio wind deflector question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 10:29 PM
mattdpa
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wind deflector

Originally Posted by bmoody33
Hi I recently purchased a 1995 993 cabriolet and read through everyone's posts on the wind deflector. So which is better to get OEM or aftermarket? Below are deflectors I'm researching. Anyone have any thoughts on the below products?

This one for $170 (+$95 shipped from Germany)
This one for $232 (shipped from Netherlands)
This one for $249 (Shipped from US)
This one for $340 (shipped from US)
This one for $1,188 (shipped from US Pelican Parts)
Hello - I know it's been a while since you posted this message, but did you ever decide on a wind deflector, and if so, which one (and how do you like it)? Cheers!
Old 04-01-2023, 11:14 PM
flyweight
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by stace
i have the first one Airax. I like it and it works very well. my only issue is how it mounts - there isn't a way to really snug it into place - just spring tension. I had to do a little bit of creative enhancing of the mounting cups that it comes with. but simple and no impact to the car...
I know this is an old thread. Still thank you for helping the previous poster with their needs.

I'm looking for an aftermarket wind deflector for my 993 cab US version as well. How is your Airax one doing after all these years? Do you still recommend it? Was the installation easy? Thanks.

Last edited by flyweight; 04-01-2023 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:15 PM
PeterK_NL
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Airax is a piece of crap. Don’t waste your money on that.
The OEM wind deflector that you zip to the headliner is brilliant, but terribly expensive.
Old 04-22-2023, 11:29 PM
flyweight
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterK_NL
Airax is a piece of crap. Don’t waste your money on that.
The OEM wind deflector that you zip to the headliner is brilliant, but terribly expensive.
Crap. Just got it delivered today. Oh well, might just as well install it to try it out.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:30 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Drooping WD

Originally Posted by territory145
OK I just tried again and the WD is still drooping about an inch down. I opened the top and unzipped the WD to take it out. Reinstalled it and pushed it back towards back of car, closed top and it drooped.
I'm out of ideas??
Mitch
Has anyone suggested a fix for this condition? Much like Mitch, our WD operates/ moves just fine with operation of the top but when top is in the closed position, the cross bar of the WD is “unPorscheingly” close to the back of my head…am I am average height. Is this normal?
Old 11-25-2023, 03:55 PM
PeterK_NL
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default WD

This is indeed odd.
Not sure this has anything to do with it, but there are different part numbers for different types of WD. I think this is related to US vs EU. unclear to me what exactly is the difference … but you may want to check if you have the WD-part number that fits your car.

Last edited by PeterK_NL; 11-25-2023 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply: 993 cabrio wind deflector question