PAINTED red calipers and proud of it!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 08:21 PM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by JSQ
David in LA & DJF1,

I own a 1998 2.5L Boxster that has nearly 90k miles on it and is completely stock.

David in LA,

I'm well aware of the negligible gains produced by utilizing the big red brake kit on street use cars, specifically the 993 and Boxster. I have always been extremely impressed by the capability of the standard Porsche calipers which so easily outdo so many competitors' basic equipment. This fact speaks to the sufficient qualities of the standard brake kit and which leaves me further perplexed at the incessant need of some to emulate the appearance of an upgrade, which as you have so cleverly illuminated, might produce only minimal improvement in their specific usage were it the genuine article. Regardless, the fact remains that even if stopping power is specifically defined as braking distance, equipment which resists fade will result in consistently shorter braking distance under continuous use.

DJF1,

Like David in LA you have chosen to pursue a semantic argument revolving around the specifics of brake performance relative to various mechanical improvements. I can only assume that it is your belief that your misdirected dissertation will validate your subsequent opinions which are entirely personal and do not address the topic at hand. While I may well agree with the specifics of some of your experiences with brake modification you fail to compare them to the improvements gained by painting one’s calipers? Your final contention is that I have behaved inappropriately in earlier discussion. It seems to be your belief that only after an unstated period of quiet indoctrination should any participant contribute to the forum. You claim that I have pursued my line of thinking based on an assumption that I “know it all”, yet at no time have I purported to make such a claim. I have not attempted to qualify my statements with meaningless and irrelevant achievement or experience. Rather, I have sought to offer a point of view on the given topic and do my best to explain the source of my opinion and the logic which I have applied. You further misconstrue my reflections upon the actions of the participants as personal attacks or insults. Not once have I resorted to criticizing the character or intelligence of the posters through name calling or derogatory statements.
Bubba JSucQ,

kin yall try speekin eenlash fer a chaynge? yall dunt be makin any cents. Ol JimBob kin help tho, cuz I dun putted yalls werds into chinglish. here be da transpertation:

David I has in LA & DJF1, nearly has 1,998 2.5L Boxster which 90k mile and is regarding this completely deposits. David in LA, I' M gushes out understood the not worthy of mentioning gain causes the red color floodgate kit by the utilization in the street use automobile, specifically 993 and Boxster. I by that easily exceed many competitors' The standard Porsche caliper ability extreme always moved; Fundamental set. This fact with and remains for me further feels embarrassed in some unceasingly continues to need to emulate the promotion appearance, the standard floodgate kit sufficient quality speech because you that intelligently have illuminated, perhaps causes only in theirs concrete usage smallest improvement is its genuine article. No matter how, the fact still is since is stopping the strength specifically is defined took the braking the distance, the resistance equipment fade causes identically the shorter braking distance in to continue under the use. DJF1, likely David you chooses in LA pursues a semantic argument to revolve floodgate performance relatively various machinery to improve concretely. I could the only supposition, it be you believe you the dissertation which will mislead the confirmation will be entire individual you afterwards the view, will not lecture the topic on hand. Perhaps when I gush out agreed some makes concrete your experience not to compare them by you with the improvement by to draw gains some person's caliper floodgate revision? Your final contention is, my ill locality has displayed in the early discussion. It is after as if a peaceful guidance statement period your belief if any participant contributes to the forum. You declared I pursue my line to think the basis supposes I " Knows its completely " Has me to declare in no way proposed like this requests. I have not attempted to be qualified I the statement by insignificant and the irrelevant achievement or the experience. On the contrary, I seek provide an viewpoint the topic which assigns and am me best to explain I applied fountainhead my view and logic. You further misunderstand my reflection to take the personal attack or the insult in participant's motion. Had me not once to adopt the criticism playbill the character either the intelligence is called or belittles the statement through the naming.

Yur Fren,
JimBob
Old 04-27-2004, 08:23 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Phil McGrath
Haiku time?
You bet!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:23 PM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

JimBob kin hikooz
dey awl gots littel weiners
keyboord warrierz awl
Old 04-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Agro1
Banned

Big Reds they are not
Yet posers pretend they are
Useless waste of time
Old 04-27-2004, 08:28 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not surprised
JimBob's post makes much more sense
Than dribble from two
Old 04-27-2004, 08:30 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Dave-Yes Long posts
caused headaches beyond belief
Math ability gone
Old 04-27-2004, 08:32 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by JimBob Jumpback
Bubba JSucQ,

kin yall try speekin eenlash fer a chaynge? yall dunt be makin any cents. Ol JimBob kin help tho, cuz I dun putted yalls werds into chinglish. here be da transpertation:

David I has in LA & DJF1, nearly has 1,998 2.5L Boxster which 90k mile and is regarding this completely deposits. David in LA, I' M gushes out understood the not worthy of mentioning gain causes the red color floodgate kit by the utilization in the street use automobile, specifically 993 and Boxster. I by that easily exceed many competitors' The standard Porsche caliper ability extreme always moved; Fundamental set. This fact with and remains for me further feels embarrassed in some unceasingly continues to need to emulate the promotion appearance, the standard floodgate kit sufficient quality speech because you that intelligently have illuminated, perhaps causes only in theirs concrete usage smallest improvement is its genuine article. No matter how, the fact still is since is stopping the strength specifically is defined took the braking the distance, the resistance equipment fade causes identically the shorter braking distance in to continue under the use. DJF1, likely David you chooses in LA pursues a semantic argument to revolve floodgate performance relatively various machinery to improve concretely. I could the only supposition, it be you believe you the dissertation which will mislead the confirmation will be entire individual you afterwards the view, will not lecture the topic on hand. Perhaps when I gush out agreed some makes concrete your experience not to compare them by you with the improvement by to draw gains some person's caliper floodgate revision? Your final contention is, my ill locality has displayed in the early discussion. It is after as if a peaceful guidance statement period your belief if any participant contributes to the forum. You declared I pursue my line to think the basis supposes I " Knows its completely " Has me to declare in no way proposed like this requests. I have not attempted to be qualified I the statement by insignificant and the irrelevant achievement or the experience. On the contrary, I seek provide an viewpoint the topic which assigns and am me best to explain I applied fountainhead my view and logic. You further misunderstand my reflection to take the personal attack or the insult in participant's motion. Had me not once to adopt the criticism playbill the character either the intelligence is called or belittles the statement through the naming.

Yur Fren,
JimBob
Thank you very much JimBob for the translation! I was starting to have a headacke as I thought I was reading a legal contract

Old 04-27-2004, 08:36 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny shame on you
You know the rules for posting
That is not haiku
Old 04-27-2004, 08:47 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry David
I'm not good at Haiku
I'm not good in legal dribble either
Old 04-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Pete in DC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

"I haven't felt this awful since we saw that Ronald Reagan film." (Airplane)
Old 04-27-2004, 10:45 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Thank you all for an hour of entertainment. I laughed out loud several times, and my wife is wondering what I'm reading. How can I explain? I guess I have too much time on my hands as well, but I'm glad I spent one hour of it this way.
Enjoy your P-cars, everyone. Drive them hard, track them, park them in your garage and wax them, write poetry about them, spend too much money on them...and tell me about it, because I share your passion, and love to hear about it!

Chuck
Old 04-28-2004, 12:21 AM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Wond'ring how this ends;
Could it be profound haiku?
No, only JimBob.

I've never felt a need for a post by JimBob Jumpback like I have these last few days. JimBob: Thank you for your wisdom.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:15 AM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Default Sorry about the degradation of this thread

To all of the regular Rennlisters - I would like to apologize for the degradation of this thread (though I always love the Haikus guys). This apology doesn't extend to Agro-vate or his new found compatriot.

My purpose in starting this thread was to provide a high quality aesthetic alternative to a somewhat costly upgrade (big reds) that the majority of people on this site probably wouldn't utilize anyway. I really had no idea that it would turn into WWIII.

I should have ignored Agro-vate from the beginning. Well, needless to say Agro-vate you are the first to make my Ignore List - congratulations!!

To everyone else, I will attempt to keep my posts more professional in the future.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Agro1
Banned

Default Re: Sorry about the degradation of this thread

Originally posted by akolodesh
I should have ignored Agro-vate from the beginning. Well, needless to say Agro-vate you are the first to make my Ignore List - congratulations!!
On the contrary, what you SHOULD have done is not liken your aesthetic upgrade to big reds. I just feel horrible that you choose to ignore me Alex, is there anything I can do to change your mind ???
Old 04-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Bigbartguy
Advanced

Default stencils vs stickers

UGH - I ordered the stickers.
I hope they hold up well (sorry Carrera Mike) I guess time will tell. I guess I can always order stencils and paint the lettering if the stickers dont work.

Tim

Quick Reply: PAINTED red calipers and proud of it!!