Any Experience with Lightweight Batteries: Redux

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 01:05 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Any Experience with Lightweight Batteries: Redux

Hello All,

Seeing as this is where I got my first start in Rennlist, I'll post here for you guys. I've done some research, owned many of these brands, and owe the inspiration to further this topic from some of you early guys like Olsen, Greg, etc.

This topic comes up quite a bit. In the interest of emerging technologies, I find it necessary to make a "catch" all thread concerning Lightweight Batteries from the AGM Odyssey to the Lithium EarthX variants.

Wish they were all Good, but you have some Bad experiences as well. This will be localized to Rennlist only. If you happen to see another thread that pertains to this category, by all means send a PM.
New Antigravity Battery DOA

Any experience with lightweight batteries

Battery Manufacture Offerings (nutshell):
- Braille and Odyssey have probably the longest running experience lightweights with their AGM varieties. I know the Odyssey 925/680 are well received. Most Organizations that like rules stipulate a minimum weigh oddly (10lbs or so; but as technology progresses, I strongly believe that will change). The Odyssey 680 will do it for you and cost less than $150 (current). lightweight battery

- Moll was a very early entrant to lightweight batteries for special models (Porsche, etc). RS battery comparisons

- Lithium started mainstream in the PowerSport Industry and Light Aircraft via an offering from EarthX, Porsche (branded), Voltphreaks, Delran, and Antigravity. Pulse Crank Amperage is/was/and will continue to be the game changer. Sub 2lb batteries cranking more than a 35lb Lead Acid....Though many early variants did not have an Onboard Battery Management System (BMS). Because of this, they were very temperamental and honestly, dangerous to utilize in a 911 (front mounted tank) or any other vehicle. That is now a requirement if you are serious about longevity, durability, and peace of mind (for that start). Watch out for the Warranty stipulations and whether they're prorated or receive a full refund (All Battery Types, not just "Vehicle" Class types). The Credit Card will often extend the warranty as well. Costco Citi Visa is one of them Porsche OEM Lithium Option. lightweight battery. Lightweight battery

Manufacture Links (Direct):
Lithium:
EarthX
Antigravity
Voltphreaks
SSB

AGM:
Odyssey
Braille

Tips:
- Read the Warranty Disclaimers. They're not even remotely close and can even pertain between battery to battery
- Purchase via Credit Card. Often times the Card will extend the warranty by 1yr or even match the existing Warranty
- Not every usage requires an Automotive Sized battery. Often times, it is overkill not only on the pocket book, but also Pulse Crank Amps (yes, they're very high and very important on Lithiums for a reason).
- Research here on Rennlist and other Platforms. The best consumer is one that is well-informed.
- Lastly, You're buying not only the Battery, but also the Manufacture (nothing new has changed).

all the best