Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally posted by Mike in Chi
...What ithis has degeneratied into is an embarrassment.................................................I'll add that is from a professional who is paid to evaluate effective writing.

Sorry Mike, not knocking you or your post - just struck me as funny!

Best regards, sorry if I offended!

--Howard
Old 01-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Dirt Track Racer
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by John Boggiano
DTR,

I genuinely don't mean to fan flames here but what was actually said was to the effect that, within a very short space of time, Adrian would probably know more about the 993 than most on this board.

Knowing how detailed and thorough Adrian's research and knowledge are, coupled with the fact that he already knows the 964 inside out - what can you find so offensive in that?
I am flabbergasted that I am the only 993 user here that takes offense at this. I don't care if it Adrian or his minions that are saying this stuff. I find it incredibly offensive that the 964 guys come to our house and tell us a guy who, in his own admission, has never owned a 993 will know more about them then most members here because he is going to write a book about them. It takes more than second hand knowledge and information to be able to make a statement like that.

There are so many guys here who know tons more than me, and I do all my work myself on my car. Hell, two of them own shops that work on these cars. Many others race theirs on weekends and wrench them to keep them competitive.

My gripe is not with Adrian any longer, since he never proclaimed himself that he will be more knowledgable than most here, but rather with his 964 supporters who claim so. Come on, read my first post, it was not inflammatory in any way. In case you are too lazy, here it is:

Do you want some pics of my late modified at the track?

I just dont understand the need for a $40 book? We have pcar.com, that wiring harness site, the Rennlist 993 archives, and Viken, Robin and the other 993 experts here all available to us at a moments notice. Oh yea, we also have the shop manuals and the Pelican info too.

Am I missing something?

DTR
Then 4 posts below mine, it started:

I think lets give respect where it is deserved. Sure we have different styles of saying things, but lets at least acknowledge that just because Adrian hasn't yet laid his hands on the 993, doesnt mean that he will not in a very short period of time know more about the 993 than most of us on this board.
So, I didn't start this. But I am still amazed that I am the only 993 owner standing up to this crap. You would have been better off poking me in the eye with a stick so we could settle it like men and it would be over. But the 964 guys just keep coming back to our turf proclaiming the gospel of Adrian.

Crazy.

DTR
Old 01-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

What's up with DIRT BAG RICER. I detect a bit of jealously or perhaps just plain old imaturity. If not interested in his book, then just shut the **** up about it. If you feel you can write a better book, have it. The more the merry. No need to attack Adrian personally. That is childish and accomplishes absolutely nothing. What a putz.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

K -
10 points off for typos -- there's a famous quote in writing "I didn't have time to write a short response." That goes for proof-reading too.

Old 01-28-2004, 09:14 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Well - this is the dumbest thread I've read on the 993 Forum. Maybe Rennlist. It's closed. Call me on my cell phone if you want to "beef about it in my ear". I can't promise you what the response will be - but - you will get a response....

I might enlighten you about "jumping on" a poster. I might define "pig-piling" for you. I might even tell you what being an enthusiast is all about. Hell - tell you what - IF YOU WROTE A BOOK - EMAIL ME AND BITCH ABOUT HOW YOU HAVE BEEN OVERLOOKED by my choices in Rennlist and user titles. I do believe - BUT I COULD BE WRONG - that the only person who can do this - in this whole forkin' thread - is Adrian.

And DTR - CHANGE YOUR AVATAR - unless you want me to change it for you. Your choice.

Give me a friggin' break, people.

I'm still trying to figure out where I find the gawd damned M718 code in my car - which I'm pretty sure it has.

Quick Reply: Option M718 993s