Sponsored by:

Passed new CA smog test...woo-hoo!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 01:26 AM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff:

I sure know what you mean about fearing having a vehicle pop off the rollers. This is exactly what gave me the heebie-geebies watching the car tested before mine! The only thing they used to hold the car from moving if something glitched were some rubber wheel chalks. Yeah... right, that's going to hold all of that momentum...

It sure seems like it is a matter of time before some innocent person(s) get seriously hurt by one of these tests. A test that at most can filter out a small percentage greater vehicles with emissions problems than the previous ones.

Other than the lack of safety the other thing that got me was the brand on all of the new equipment was specific to smog tests and not the more familiar tuning or dyno and data acquisition companies. Seems a whole new branch of an industry has been grown. Thinking about it, I am not that surpirsed...
Old 01-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim,

They don't even use wheel chocks here in Ohio... scary to say the least. Especially if you have a manual transmission car... I'm not sure I could keep a car on the rollers without frying the clutch.

Which is another reason to avoid the rollers...

Quick Reply: Passed new CA smog test...woo-hoo!