Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 08:48 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Update on pulling problem.....

Copy of orignial problem and thread:

Thread

One thing that is ruining my fun enjoying the car is the fact that there is something wrong with my rear tires that is causing the car to pull very badly to the right under power and off of power. The mechanic who worked on the car is very experienced with Porsche and suspension setup and says there is no doubt in his mind that the tires are the problem. The reason this bothers me is that the tires only have 1500 miles on them, the previous owner put them on 100 miles before I got the car. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sports. Does anybody have any experience with warranty claims for this sort of thing with Michelin or am I just stuck buying 2 new tires?

Update:

After having been out of town for a month I finally got the chance to swap the rear tires. The car does exactly the same thing except in the opposite direction. This leads me to believe that it is not my car. Is this definative proof that it is the tires? I am now going to try and deal with Michelin on the warranty. I just wanted to let you guys know my finding so far.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:52 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

is there anyone near you with another 993 that you can swap rear tires for a second opinion so to speak?

I hope Michelin stands behind their tires!
Old 01-04-2004, 10:03 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

There is a guy that I know that is willing to help me out. I will let you know about what happens there and with Michelin's warranty.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:52 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is good news Nick. Hopefully you will find the issue and get it worked out.

I will send you a PM tomorrow with the other info...

Take care,
Old 01-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem when I originally purchased my 993. My rears were non-Nrated S02's. The tolerances on non-Nrated S02's was approx 0.1 inch in diameter... which is known as stagger to NASCAR fans. The stagger problem caused the car to push one direction under acceleration, and pull the other direction when you let off the gas. Very troubling.

I purchased a new set of N-rated rears. Accoring to the Bridgestone engineer who helped me, the N-rated tires have a diameter tolerance of "immeasureable". And when installed they did fix the problem... the car tracked straight and true.

Quick Reply: Update on pulling problem.....