Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club - New & Improved!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2024, 07:55 AM
loxxrider
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Newbie T
The only painfully thing for me, clearly a user issue, I can't seem to find the reverse gear, every time i shift to the left and up it seems to go into first gear, the driver's manual doesn't seem to help either! Anyone have any tips on this?
Congrats! For reverse, you have to push it hard to the left. You'll feel it go past a detent, and then you can push up and into reverse.
The following users liked this post:
Newbie T (08-21-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 10:09 AM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,406 Likes on 848 Posts

Originally Posted by loxxrider
Finally brought my T home this past weekend. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow, but here's a picture for now. Overall, I'm loving it, but can't wait to get past the break-in period!
Congrats…Haven’t seen many GT silver with wing. 🤟 Curious…with UN lo_rider 🐵, planning on any mods later? T is gr8 stock…but IMO more fun with some mods (especially exhaust)….
Old 08-20-2024, 11:49 AM
SEA2ATX
Track Day

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default GT3 RS Paddle Shifters

Hi all, I wanted to share a quick post on an upgrade I made to my T in case anyone else is interested in a similar modification. My T was spec'd with a PDK but I was looking for a bit more engagement than the standard paddle shifters. I found them to be sort of mushy and there was no tactile feedback when you shifted gears. They are also silver and sort of hidden behind the wheel. Suncoast offers the GT3 RS magnesium shifters aftermarket. They are larger, look more aggressive, match the black accents of the T interior, have perfect ergonomics for placement of your fingers, and offer a satisfying audible / tactile click when you shift. I realize it's not the same as a manual, but it does allow for more engaging response when driving a PDK in manual mode. The downshifts coming into a hairpin are so much fun! The install only took about 30 mins - 20 of which were waiting for the capacitors to drain after battery disconnect to make sure the airbag didn't deploy when you remove it. Overall an easy mod and would highly recommend for any fellow T owners with PDK looking for more engagement.

Here's a link to an installation video if you want more details:
The following 2 users liked this post by SEA2ATX:
ClubRacer523 (08-21-2024), loxxrider (08-20-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 12:03 PM
loxxrider
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ECNJ
Congrats…Haven’t seen many GT silver with wing. 🤟 Curious…with UN lo_rider 🐵, planning on any mods later? T is gr8 stock…but IMO more fun with some mods (especially exhaust)….
Thanks! To be honest I'm actually kind of on the fence about the color and wing. I thought it'd be nice to spice up the silver, but I don't know if I prefer it to wingless or not. I certainly don't dislike it though

Loxxrider actually refers to my love of wakeboarding from back when I made this account in 2006 (while still in high school!). Although I've used that name on many car forums and if you were to check out my posts in those places, you'd see that I love to modify every car I own to various extents. After spending a few days with the T, I can confidently tell you that it will indeed be getting some tasteful modifications.

Firstly, I think it needs wheel spacers to maximize the stance on the stock wheels and suspension. I will probably do wheels and lower it ever so slightly in the future as well, but it's not super high priority at the moment. After the spacers, I would primarily like to address the sound of the car. I think it sounds pretty good stock, but I would prefer to make a few tweaks. First on that list is an M-Coder from M Engineering to allow the exhaust flaps to be fully open (and later to avoid a check engine light from sport cats). Next will be the Do88 intake setup. My particular car has almost no induction noise because it wasn't built with the sound symposers. I know lots of people like to delete them, but I would have loved to have them in my car! Then depending how much difference the M-Coder makes, I'll probably go for sport cats and/or a JCR exhaust.

That'll probably be it until the car is out of warranty at which point I'll go for a tune and possibly upgrade to GTS turbos as well. Cheers!
ECNJ (08-21-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 12:39 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,203 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by J Irwan
Does it comes primed or already in flat black color ? Wondering how it would look painted
They are black plastic. You want to find out how they look painted? I have a brand new set that were damaged in shipping. I threw them on the car real quick for a photo. If someone is good with plastic they may be able to be repaired or painted. I’d probably let the go free if someone wants to pay shipping.

Last edited by Cartod; 08-20-2024 at 12:42 PM.
ECNJ (08-21-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 12:43 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,406 Likes on 848 Posts

Originally Posted by loxxrider
Firstly, I think it needs wheel spacers to maximize the stance on the stock wheels and suspension. I will probably do wheels and lower it ever so slightly in the future as well, but it's not super high priority at the moment. After the spacers, I would primarily like to address the sound of the car. I think it sounds pretty good stock, but I would prefer to make a few tweaks. First on that list is an M-Coder from M Engineering to allow the exhaust flaps to be fully open (and later to avoid a check engine light from sport cats). Next will be the Do88 intake setup. My particular car has almost no induction noise because it wasn't built with the sound symposers. I know lots of people like to delete them, but I would have loved to have them in my car! Then depending how much difference the M-Coder makes, I'll probably go for sport cats and/or a JCR exhaust.

That'll probably be it until the car is out of warranty at which point I'll go for a tune and possibly upgrade to GTS turbos as well. Cheers!
Cool. My thing in HS was surfing/skateboarding in Dogtown…where it all began. Spacers make a nice noticeable difference. Like the intake idea…would like to hear results later. So many options on exhaust given T comes with electronic actuators. Mine’s str8 piped but quiet as PSE on normal mode. @tourenwagen’s T has cats/JCR exhaust and in person sounds dope. Recommend it…😀

Last edited by ECNJ; 08-20-2024 at 12:45 PM.
loxxrider (08-20-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 12:45 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

[QUOTE=Cartod;19606171]They are black plastic. You want to find out how they look painted? I have a brand new set that were damaged in shipping. I threw them on the car real quick for a photo. If someone is good with plastic they may be able to be repaired or painted. I’d probably let the go free if someone wants to pay shipping.

Sent you a PM
Cartod (08-20-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 01:40 PM
Tranceparent
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey All, I have a question for the collective brains here: Have you figured out how to map the blank center console switch to auto-blip on and off? It would be so much easier to just have a physical switch for this operation vs. going into PCM and manually changing it all the time. I can't seem to find an option to do this in my car (2024 911T) - has anyone here managed it?
dassArse (08-20-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 02:19 PM
adm63
Pro

Received 914 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranceparent
Hey All, I have a question for the collective brains here: Have you figured out how to map the blank center console switch to auto-blip on and off? It would be so much easier to just have a physical switch for this operation vs. going into PCM and manually changing it all the time. I can't seem to find an option to do this in my car (2024 911T) - has anyone here managed it?
As far as I can tell, not possible. One of the first things I checked on my T.
Old 08-20-2024, 02:37 PM
dassArse
Racer

Received 340 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by adm63
As far as I can tell, not possible. One of the first things I checked on my T.
on a similar note, anyone have i"ndividual mode" "auto off" NOT stay toggled off??
Old 08-20-2024, 02:59 PM
Onesandzeroes
1st Gear

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Hello, here's my '24 T. I just crossed the 1k mile mark on this drive.

The following 9 users liked this post by Onesandzeroes:
1stgear (08-20-2024), Cartod (08-20-2024), ClubRacer523 (08-21-2024), Devon Racer (08-21-2024), ECNJ (08-21-2024), J Irwan (08-20-2024), Mike818 (08-20-2024), Newbie T (08-21-2024), tourenwagen (08-22-2024) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-20-2024, 03:47 PM
J Irwan
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 125 Posts

[QUOTE=sk911;19606180]
Originally Posted by Cartod
They are black plastic. You want to find out how they look painted? I have a brand new set that were damaged in shipping. I threw them on the car real quick for a photo. If someone is good with plastic they may be able to be repaired or painted. I’d probably let the go free if someone wants to pay shipping.

Sent you a PM

LOL you beat me to the punch.

Please post pic once you have it painted and installed
Old 08-20-2024, 04:14 PM
J Irwan
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranceparent

There are 2 things that I wanted to take care when I took the delivery of my 2024 911T. Disable auto start/stop and disable auto blip.

I use "normal individual" mode to take care of both. I disable auto start/stop on this mode (it will be saved until enable it again in the PCM), and the auto-blip is already disabled by default.
I've been using "individual" mode ever since. Now if we can set specific mode as default at each start up that would be most convenient.
Right now I just develop a habit to twist the mode selector dial after I twist the ignition.

Here is the table extracted from the manual on the different driving mode. As you can see the auto-blip is activated under "WET", "SPORT" and "SPORT PLUS" mode

ClubRacer523 (08-21-2024)
Old 08-21-2024, 01:22 PM
BeepBeep88
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

I was really surprised to see what's almost a two year old car with miles on the clock go for over MSRP this week. It's been the only T sale that's taken place on BAT compared to numerous GT3 / GT3RS (must be a hot potato value wise) and GTS models. Interesting to think about.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...era-t-coupe-4/
Old 08-21-2024, 02:33 PM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 165 Likes on 60 Posts

Good afternoon! Saw somewhere in a prior thread someone was looking into this, but can't find any update on it.

Has anyone ordered the rear engine/lid/grill parts from the S/T and installed on a T (or base/S/GTS) yet? Can it even work since the S/T doesn't have the intercooler plumbing? Mainly looking for the mesh vs. the current strakes and happy to leave "everything beneath the suface" alone as it functions fine. This is a purely cosmetic change for me as I'm happy with her performance.

zanary (08-21-2024)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club - New & Improved!