Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Do For A Living?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2024 | 05:02 PM
Crusje
Racer

Originally Posted by jstap808
Selfishness will be our downfall. If you can help a fellow man without significant detriment to your own lifestyle then do it. Instead we’ve got clowns spending 50B on a useless social media platform instead of helping make a meaningful difference to thousands in need. Guess we gotta enjoy the Porsche while we can before we wake up from this dream. Vroom vroom
Just stop. There's enough people getting handouts and more coming every day. People can spend whatever they earn however they want. Anyway, musk donates millions to charity so your bias is showing
The following 4 users liked this post by Crusje:
3520MMF (07-17-2024), 737gdog (07-17-2024), TheGeneral (07-17-2024), yellolab (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024 | 06:09 PM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

“Live every day like it's your last, take every shot you can, don't look back.”
THIS !
Along the way, I learned a whole lot more from the mistakes, but certainly enjoyed the success …. beyond the limits ! Lord knows, when I had it, I shared it and in times of need, it was returned many times over.
I have been blessed in so many ways, but never forget that life is a team sport regardless of the game you play.
Old 07-17-2024 | 06:10 PM
3520MMF
Instructor

Originally Posted by Crusje
Just stop. There's enough people getting handouts and more coming every day. People can spend whatever they earn however they want. Anyway, musk donates millions to charity so your bias is showing

Dont feed. He’s a clown
Old 07-17-2024 | 07:08 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think you misinterpreted his statement or maybe I did...

I don't think he was saying he should donate that 50B to people in need. There are A LOT of people that scam the system for handouts and it's completely wrong. These scumbags are the reason why the system is messed up.

The way I took his statement, was that 50B to social media platform isn't helping mankind as whole. Yes it's his money, he can spend it however he wants. But I think the question is are we better without social media? Thats a point that could be argued both ways.
Old 07-17-2024 | 07:11 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rwbern
“Live every day like it's your last, take every shot you can, don't look back.”
THIS !
Along the way, I learned a whole lot more from the mistakes, but certainly enjoyed the success …. beyond the limits ! Lord knows, when I had it, I shared it and in times of need, it was returned many times over.
I have been blessed in so many ways, but never forget that life is a team sport regardless of the game you play.
That's the mentality to have! What goes around comes around. We're all doing life for the first time. That's something everyone has to remember.
Old 07-17-2024 | 07:43 PM
jstap808
Racer

Originally Posted by Shuga
I think you misinterpreted his statement or maybe I did...

I don't think he was saying he should donate that 50B to people in need. There are A LOT of people that scam the system for handouts and it's completely wrong. These scumbags are the reason why the system is messed up.

The way I took his statement, was that 50B to social media platform isn't helping mankind as whole. Yes it's his money, he can spend it however he wants. But I think the question is are we better without social media? Thats a point that could be argued both ways.
shame some folks immediately go to attacks and name calling. you are correct in what i was getting at but I guess some of the boomers on this forum cant read between the lines
Old 07-17-2024 | 07:49 PM
jstap808
Racer

not once did i say people should be getting handouts but clearly went over your head and YOU just ASSumed. its this thinking that leads to a successful few at the top and too many to count at the bottom with no way out of the lower rungs of society. not everyone sits at home and collects a free handout, in fact most workers at the lower end of the spectrum work way harder than anyone in white collar + jobs. so instead of spending 50B to buy a company that is going the way of the dodo, Musk could have used it for purposes that would improve society, not continue to tear it down. but then again hes a sociopath so doesn't surprise me that he's in it for himself, just like many at the top regardless of how much they "donate to charity" which lets be honest, never actually reaches those in need.
Old 07-17-2024 | 07:51 PM
jstap808
Racer

That's the mentality to have! What goes around comes around. We're all doing life for the first time. That's something everyone has to remember.
first and last time, if you don't believe in the afterlife
Old 07-17-2024 | 07:52 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by jstap808
this is a good point to call out. its truly a shame that retirement continues to become a more impossible task for many. i always put money away (401k, personal investments, savings) before I even think about hobbies and the unnecessaries. its not a political party that has caused this but rather greedy corporations that continue to limit wage growth while pocketing most of the earnings, leaving nothing for your average worker. im all for capitalism but theres gotta be a better balance because having a significant portion of the population working paycheck to paycheck or not able to afford basic necessities at all wont bode well for those at the top when they are hungry...
There’s more nuance than you’re willing to admit. Financial problems are rarely a money problem, but more of a psychological problem. People are bad with money, live way above their means, and show little restraint in their spending.

It's truly sad how some people work all their lives doing a job serving the people who work in the schools for an example. Not just the teachers that are tenured that scam the system.( Not all teachers do but there is vast majority that do) But the Para's, teacher aids, office workers, lunch staff etc. They get paid almost/ below the poverty line. They can barley make it working. How is it fair that when they retire they need to get a part time job and restart at the bottom just to make ends meet? It's not right. These are people who serve our country and help the next gen, but what do they get in return? Nothing... It's wrong.
It depends on where a person teaches. Teachers, professors, etc. make great money on average. In fact, teachers fall into the top 5 professions with the most millionaires. The profession is almost always within the top 10.
Old 07-17-2024 | 07:59 PM
division
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
It depends on where a person teaches. Teachers, professors, etc. make great money on average. In fact, teachers fall into the top 5 professions with the most millionaires. The profession is almost always within the top 10.
I'm speechless.
Old 07-17-2024 | 08:02 PM
yellolab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by division
I'm speechless.
Same. No way. Nope.
Old 07-17-2024 | 09:01 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by division
I'm speechless.
Originally Posted by yellolab
Same. No way. Nope.
I’m only sharing what has statistically been reported for many years. Being a “millionaire” includes their retirement/pensions, etc., and it’s not that difficult to have that in total assets (…which is part of the statistical data). It’s not that difficult to have a million in retirement. Half of my partners on the job have that in their 457b deferred compensation accounts, which is separate from our pension.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-17-2024 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2024 | 09:08 PM
jhenson29
Rennlist Member

A million dollars isn’t much anymore. Probably gets you a base carrera in a couple of years.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhenson29:
Master Deep (07-17-2024), vasmir (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024 | 09:14 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

I spent the better part of my career as an Teacher. I've taught High School, College and for Industry. The difference in compensation between Industry and the Public Education System is simply staggering. Between College and Industry my compensation more than tripled. It wasn't because Industry was unduly generous. IMHO you're not going to get financially wealthy as a teacher in the Public Education System.
The following users liked this post:
Fullyield (07-18-2024)
Old 07-17-2024 | 09:26 PM
division
Rennlist Member

It’s not that difficult to have a million in retirement. Half of my partners on the job have that in their 457b deferred compensation accounts, which is separate from our pension.
And now lets take a poll of all the teachers on Rennlist who agree with you.
The following users liked this post:
yellolab (07-17-2024)

Quick Reply: What Do You Do For A Living?