Sponsored by:

MEngineering vs. Softronic Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 06:27 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
Why would he get a refund when he ran the tune for several months and didn't mention any issues to them until doing the turbos? You expect them to have a Walmart return policy?
I tend to agree here about the refund. If I read that correctly, Flat6 provided a free of charge upgrade tune when adding the GTS turbo's (I assume they installed these too). I guess the "refund" thought comes more in play looking at the package deal of turbo + tune upgrade + which did not perform so well.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:29 PM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by aquanaut
What? He's providing plenty of detail. I'm happy with my M Engineering tune but he should be able to voice his issues, if he has them. Stop reading this thread if you don't like it.
Stop commenting if you don't like my opinion. OP is clearly biased. Many details came in that disproof what he said. He had no issues with the tune, installed GTS Turbos, had some issues, tried to blame the tune, wasn't the tunes fault, and came here to discredit the vendor when they didn't offer a refund. He used the product without issues for months.

Last edited by CM991; 06-13-2024 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:31 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by CM991
Stop commenting if you don't like my opinion. OP is clearly biased. Many details came in that disproof what he said. He had no issues with the new, installed GTS Turbos, had some issues, tried to blame the tune, wasn't the tunes fault, and came here to discredit the vendor when they didn't offer a refund. He used the product without issues for months.
uhm, not exactly. are you reading another thread?
Old 06-13-2024, 07:32 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 434 Posts

So if these Fuel Injectors act up after warranty ends, are they still covered by Porsche due to the TSB or will I have to pay out of pocket? And how much will that cost?

I had an issue 2 years ago with jerkiness on hard acceleration and temporary notifications that disappeared after restarting the car. Issue happened once a month for 4 months then never happened again. Dealer had no idea what it was. It sounds exactly like the injectors but I never had problems again. *knock on wood*

I was planning to tune in January after my 4 year service and warranty expire but now I’m Kindve thinking I should tune it this fall and see if the tune causes any issues before my warranty expires.
Old 06-13-2024, 07:46 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Master Deep
So if these Fuel Injectors act up after warranty ends, are they still covered by Porsche due to the TSB or will I have to pay out of pocket? And how much will that cost?

I had an issue 2 years ago with jerkiness on hard acceleration and temporary notifications that disappeared after restarting the car. Issue happened once a month for 4 months then never happened again. Dealer had no idea what it was. It sounds exactly like the injectors but I never had problems again. *knock on wood*

I was planning to tune in January after my 4 year service and warranty expire but now I’m Kindve thinking I should tune it this fall and see if the tune causes any issues before my warranty expires.
If you are dead-set on tuning your car I would do it before your warranty expires, just in case some thing goes wrong, and then maybe you have a chance of getting it rectified under warranty
The following 2 users liked this post by Jimmy-D:
dg108 (06-14-2024), Master Deep (06-13-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 07:48 PM
2thHappy
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
My hypothesis: The OP has marginal or failing injectors, and the more aggressive ME 'high lambda' map is merely exacerbating that condition causing misfires. If I were a gambling man I'd bet the injectors may begin to 'act up' over time as they age, and even the Softronic tune might not be safe. YMMV.
I think you are right jlegelis.
Old 06-14-2024, 02:33 AM
dmia
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dg108
ME offers an option for contolling the exhaust and some other options like cold start without actually tuning the car. APR also offers an exhaust only tune with their Ultralink, just different options.
Yes. I’m reading about some folks getting into problems with them after a few months of trouble free use.
Old 06-14-2024, 02:43 AM
BarryC
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CM991
Stop commenting if you don't like my opinion. OP is clearly biased. Many details came in that disproof what he said. He had no issues with the tune, installed GTS Turbos, had some issues, tried to blame the tune, wasn't the tunes fault, and came here to discredit the vendor when they didn't offer a refund. He used the product without issues for months.
Never said I had no issues with the tune. I did but they were minor and infrequent. Also there’s no proof that the tune was not at fault except that the Softronic tune is working perfectly. Seems reasonable to infer the tune actually was at fault.

Don’t know what you mean about being biased. I didn’t buy the MEng tune for the purpose of trying to discredit it. Had a bad outcome and am letting others know about it. The problem was exacerbated by MEng’s performance once there was a problem ie never explained their rationale for the injectors, stopped providing revisions, etc.

Last edited by BarryC; 06-14-2024 at 08:22 AM.

Quick Reply: MEngineering vs. Softronic Tune