Wheels made in Poland

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 01:34 AM
4SCarrera
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels made in Poland

Hello,
I’m looking at some ORM RS Spyder wheels for my 2020 911 4S, 20/21. The offsets are 50 for the front but all I’m finding from Porsche OEM specs show 53 offset. Did Porsche change the offset to 50 for the front? They also show made in Poland but I thought all OEM wheels were made in Germany. Appreciate any help and insight you might have.

Jason
Old 06-13-2024, 02:37 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,970 Likes on 798 Posts

Yes I believe they changed the front offset from +53 to +50 in 2021 and later 992s. My 2021 992 S with Carrera Classic F has a +50 offset and is made in Germany. Doesn’t surprise me at all that they also make them in other countries though.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:47 AM
4SCarrera
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Yes I believe they changed the front offset from +53 to +50 in 2021 and later 992s. My 2021 992 S with Carrera Classic F has a +50 offset and is made in Germany. Doesn’t surprise me at all that they also make them in other countries though.
Thank for you confirming the offset change 👍

Anyone have information about the wheels made in Poland?
Old 06-13-2024, 03:32 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,192 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Porsche wheels are made all over the world. Some are made by Speedline and OZ out of Italy, some are even coming out of Taiwan. Anything OEM has to pass TUV standards, which is pretty demanding. I would not concern myself with Country of Origin, heck my new Cayenne I have on order is made in Slovakia!

Here's a backside photo of a 22' wheel OEM off a Cayenne Turbo GT, you can see the Porsche Part # and "Made in Taiwan" on it.

Last edited by drcollie; 06-13-2024 at 03:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by drcollie:
Aaron Lin (06-14-2024), GT3ZZZ (06-13-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 04:07 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

Lots of good manufacturing all over the world. End result with a high quality wheel is what matters.
Old 06-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Oreos
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Superior Industries makes a lot of Porsche wheels. They're in the process of closing their last German plant and moving production to Poland where most of their European footprint already is, and has been for many many years. Similar to how they (and others) have moved production from America to Mexico.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:07 PM
4SCarrera
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by drcollie
Porsche wheels are made all over the world. Some are made by Speedline and OZ out of Italy, some are even coming out of Taiwan. Anything OEM has to pass TUV standards, which is pretty demanding. I would not concern myself with Country of Origin, heck my new Cayenne I have on order is made in Slovakia!

Here's a backside photo of a 22' wheel OEM off a Cayenne Turbo GT, you can see the Porsche Part # and "Made in Taiwan" on it.

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
Lots of good manufacturing all over the world. End result with a high quality wheel is what matters.
Originally Posted by Oreos
Superior Industries makes a lot of Porsche wheels. They're in the process of closing their last German plant and moving production to Poland where most of their European footprint already is, and has been for many many years. Similar to how they (and others) have moved production from America to Mexico.
Thanks all for the replies and information!!! It’s greatly appreciated. It’s a reputable store but just wanted to double check.

Jason
Old 06-14-2024, 03:23 AM
Aaron Lin
Instructor

Received 195 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie

The OEM wheels usually supply from Taiwan are the FORGED wheels. For Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Mercedes, BMW, JLR, Lexus....etc.
Super Alloy Industrial (SAI) company, only manufacturing forged wheel.

Quick Reply: Wheels made in Poland