Sponsored by:

Official 992.2 Reviews Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 08:03 PM
autozero
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
Some might be surprised, but several manufactures go months with a press embargo in place. FYI, If you are being given an actual date that the embargo expires then your source has already broken it.
Who says I have a source?

Anyways this blogger who is not my source --- if I had a source --- literally says the embargo will be over in a coupe of weeks "I’ll be able to answer it all in just a couple of weeks."

https://jalopnik.com/2025-porsche-91...ant-1851557741

Old 06-25-2024, 08:09 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by autozero
Who says I have a source?

Anyways this blogger who is not my source --- if I had a source --- literally says the embargo will be over in a coupe of weeks "I’ll be able to answer it all in just a couple of weeks."

https://jalopnik.com/2025-porsche-91...ant-1851557741

Well, there is a source that is now well-known to no longer be reliable. 🤣

Simple fact, the embargo date is not suppose be divulged as it is also part of the actual embargo.
Old 06-25-2024, 08:20 PM
autozero
Advanced

Originally Posted by TUD
Well, there is a source that is now well-known to no longer be reliable. 🤣

Simple fact, the embargo date is not suppose be divulged as it is also part of the actual embargo.
Ehhh don't take this personally but you're fishing for controversy. There's nothing here that's worth making a big deal about. Everyone knows the press drives are in Spain right now as confirmed by multiple social media posts by the attendees themselves and it's reasonable to expect that reviews are shared in the weeks after the drives plus it's alluded to publicly by at least Jalopnik. Multiple month long review embargos are mostly a thing of the past as OEMs have gotten more liberal with their definition of what constitutes "press" which used to be only print magazines but it's a different world we're living in now.

I'm looking forward to actually discussing substance rather than speculation.

Old 06-25-2024, 08:45 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Ehhh don't take this personally but you're fishing for controversy. There's nothing here that's worth making a big deal about. Everyone knows the press drives are in Spain right now as confirmed by multiple social media posts by the attendees themselves and it's reasonable to expect that reviews are shared in the weeks after the drives plus it's alluded to publicly by at least Jalopnik. Multiple month long review embargos are mostly a thing of the past as OEMs have gotten more liberal with their definition of what constitutes "press" which used to be only print magazines but it's a different world we're living in now.

I'm looking forward to actually discussing substance rather than speculation.

Note post number three. We knew the press drives were going be at the end of June over two weeks ago. Edit: Three weeks ago from the airing of the SCR episode.

Manufacturers are still having a month to two month long embargos. One EU manufacturer that instantly comes to mind is BMW. Example, the new X3 revealed last week was shown to the press in early late April, early May. They have had video, pics, and details in their pockets for a while.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 06-25-2024 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2024, 08:56 PM
autozero
Advanced

Originally Posted by TUD
Note post number three. We knew the press drives were going be at the end of June over two weeks ago. Edit: Three weeks ago from the airing of the SCR episode.

Manufacturers are still having a month to two month long embargos. One EU manufacturer that instantly comes to mind is BMW. Example, the new X3 revealed last week was shown to the press in early late April, early May. They have had video, pics, and details in their pockets for a while.
My friend, you're so focused on proving yourself right that you're not considering that you posting inaccurate info (that the reviews will happen months from now instead of weeks) with such conviction is also harmful. Maybe my info is wrong --- I'm not on the press drives and know the details but clearly neither do you as the Jalopnik post corroborates what I've said. Just because things have been done a certain way in the past, doesn't mean that's how they are going forward. When was the last time, Porsche let a Youtuber (Mat Watson) drag race the new car against the old car during the debut of a new car?

We're eating up valuable Rennlist real estate and people's time debating a point that neither of us know for sure.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:09 PM
DrKarlB
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 58 Posts
Cool

[QUOTE=autozero;19515161
I'm looking forward to actually discussing substance rather than speculation.[/QUOTE]

I think you've come to the wrong place for that
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (07-02-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 09:25 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

My friend, you're so focused on proving yourself right that you're not considering that you posting inaccurate info (that the reviews will happen months from now instead of weeks) with such conviction is also harmful. Maybe my info is wrong --- I'm not on the press drives and know the details but clearly neither do you as the Jalopnik post corroborates what I've said. Just because things have been done a certain way in the past, doesn't mean that's how they are going forward. When was the last time, Porsche let a Youtuber (Mat Watson) drag race the new car against the old car during the debut of a new car?

We're eating up valuable Rennlist real estate and people's time debating a point that neither of us know for sure.

We are far from “friends” sir and I get that you are relatively new here and attempting to prove yourself or prove something, but you simply can ignore my contribution if you do not like it. I am speaking from professional experience. My info is not speculation. It is fact as to how it generally works within the industry.

FYI, the whole Mat Watson thing was a collaboration with PAG. Mat is also a 992.1 GT3 RS owner himself. The other driver, Mark Webber is a former race driver for PAG and still a paid employee as a “Brand Ambassador.”

Originally Posted by DrKarlB
I think you've come to the wrong place for that
​​​​​​​🤣

Last edited by RatherJaded; 06-25-2024 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-26-2024, 11:13 AM
meyecul
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 210 Posts

Well here ya all go, the official embargo date is indeed up on July 9. Lieberman just updated on IG.

The following 2 users liked this post by meyecul:
autozero (06-26-2024), RatherJaded (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 11:37 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 575 Posts

these embargos are old fashioned. They belong to the era when news traveled slowly and on paper
now with the speed of news , they should just get rid of all this BS
Old 06-26-2024, 11:39 AM
Hunky
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 97 Posts

^^^^^^This.
Old 06-26-2024, 11:41 AM
adm63
Pro

Received 899 Likes on 325 Posts

There's photos from the event posted on ig stories and Porsche even has all the hate comments about the hybrid (likely from this forum) posted in their presentation to the press
now thats funny, can you post these or point me in the right direction?
Old 06-26-2024, 12:21 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
these embargos are old fashioned. They belong to the era when news traveled slowly and on paper
now with the speed of news , they should just get rid of all this BS
I think they are still relevant because of how fast and easy "news" can be published now. It forces all to have the same starting point after some time of reflection so they can actually develop their review instead of pre-writing some generic drivel so they can be "first" to get the clicks. I had read an article talking about this rush to be first on reviews and the example used was Taylor Swift's Tortured Poets Department Anthology which is 31 songs long yet within minutes of the album drop, there were reviews that got posted online that contained generic AI written content by those who were just trying to capitalize on ad traffic.
Old 06-26-2024, 03:00 PM
AlfaM5
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts

Does anyone expect there will be negative reviews? Every publication is going to say "wow" "fast" "seamless" "no lag" "amazing" blah blah blah. And it's all true.

All that matters to me is it weighs a ton and it has no manual transmission. Otherwise it's better than anything that preceded it.
GreggT (07-09-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 03:05 PM
autozero
Advanced

Originally Posted by adm63
now thats funny, can you post these or point me in the right direction?
It was posted on an ig story by the jalopnik editor so likely expired by now but here's a screenshot

https://www.instagram.com/dsgolson?i...13bWs2cGU0Zg==

adm63 (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 03:11 PM
user 999993337
Banned

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by AlfaM5
Does anyone expect there will be negative reviews? Every publication is going to say "wow" "fast" "seamless" "no lag" "amazing" blah blah blah. And it's all true.

All that matters to me is it weighs a ton and it has no manual transmission. Otherwise it's better than anything that preceded it.

I won't say it weighs a ton, 50 Kg extra is not that big a number, it still weighs 130 Kg less than the M2 and it makes 100 more HP.

Quick Reply: Official 992.2 Reviews Discussion