Sponsored by:

Love my Burmester

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 06:56 PM
Spatia
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
For my 991.2 T, I had ordered Bose and thought it was totally adequate. It wasn't phenomenal but also not a slouch. When it came time to order my 992.1 GTS, Bose was not available, and since I love music, I ended up biting the bullet and going with the Burmester system. It really is overpriced, but honestly in my opinion, I didn't have much choice. I really wanted a good system.

Fast forward to yesterday, driving at around 60mph down the highway with the windows open in sport mode and all I hear is the music. That system is so awesome, it can completely drown out any engine and road noise. Roll the windows up and turn off the sport exhaust and you won't hear anything but the music even at lower volume. At high volume, it is absolutely clear and undistorted, so doesn't cause ear fatigue.

Yes, you do have to turn it up a bit to drown out outside and engine noise, but the key is that it remains undistorted and sounds perfect. Absolutely love it. I'm almost glad that Bose was not available. When it did become available again, my dealer told me it was a lower powered version, which wasn't as good as the original Bose.

Would love to hear what other Burmester owners think. Bottom line: Way overpriced but worth it.

The track I was listening to (on Spotify): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIC34aAEJvA
I have the Burmester in my 992 Turbo S - the only advice I would add is to sound deaden the doors - bass on the Burmester rattles some loose "stuff" in the doors - its a must have.
Old 05-12-2024, 08:50 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Spatia
I have the Burmester in my 992 Turbo S - the only advice I would add is to sound deaden the doors - bass on the Burmester rattles some loose "stuff" in the doors - its a must have.
This is actually my plan. I had a bit of rattling that the dealer fixed but I want to add Resonix (https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/) at some point soon. Dealer is willing to take off door panels and put them back since I'll be saving them from having to try to do it themselves. Apparently this (resonix) really tightens up the bass even more.

Quick Reply: Love my Burmester