Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 08:46 PM
Samolyot
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got another 30 day delay on construction. Now I'm estimated at 7/26 instead of 6/26. Delivery date way out in October 9th. Construction started 4/24 and they sent me the completed car photo on the elevator... oy this is hard.
Old 06-29-2024, 08:54 PM
tr41t0r
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Samolyot
Just got another 30 day delay on construction. Now I'm estimated at 7/26 instead of 6/26. Delivery date way out in October 9th. Construction started 4/24 and they sent me the completed car photo on the elevator... oy this is hard.
strange that my car was 1 week before yours and the new estimated dates is a full month off
Old 06-29-2024, 08:58 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

7/26 complete and delivery in October seems excessive? It’s typically just a formula after completion, isn’t it? Mine (After similar delays to yours, I started production a week before you and also received an elevator pic before sitting and waiting in limbo til mid June) was supposed to leave Emden this past week and forecast 7/30 delivery in Texas, though it hasn’t left Emden so who knows. Seems an awfully long amount of shipping time for you. Where are you taking delivery?
Old 06-29-2024, 09:10 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Been more than a year since I've waited. How do you know which boat you're on once you're on again?
1. Log in to your Porsche account.
2. Bring up your TYD page and click it and now you're at "On its way: Your 911 ..."
3. Right click anywhere on this page and select "Inspect" then columns will pop up to the right side where you'll see the source codes for this page.
4. Go to the top of this column find "Network" and click on it.
5. Refresh the web page you're currently on.
6. Source codes will load up again, now with hundreds of lines of items.
7. Once everything loads up, go to the filter section located near the top left of the columns and type "api.porsche" this narrows down the lines we're looking for.
8. Click the line that has your commission number in it. Should look like "USMxxxxxx", file type has to be Fetch/ XHR not preflight. The file type can be changed near the top of the page ...below the filter box.
9. Expand the "Current Location" line.
10. Expand the "Position" line.... the results should read Ident: "IMO_########" <--- this is your ships identifier and location at the time of the update.

11. Go to vesselfinder.com and paste in the IMO identifier and you'll see the ship that you're on or paste the complete IMO number into your browser to track the ship at the various ship tracking sites.
The following users liked this post:
curtdragon (07-04-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 09:15 PM
Samolyot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CJDCREW
7/26 complete and delivery in October seems excessive? It’s typically just a formula after completion, isn’t it? Mine (After similar delays to yours, I started production a week before you and also received an elevator pic before sitting and waiting in limbo til mid June) was supposed to leave Emden this past week and forecast 7/30 delivery in Texas, though it hasn’t left Emden so who knows. Seems an awfully long amount of shipping time for you. Where are you taking delivery?
Chandler, AZ... nothing too exotic, just scorpions and tiny lizards. I have a number of hypotheses, maybe my base build got delayed to give higher end builds more priority for parts? Maybe there was a chip shortage? Maybe a quality issue that they caught that had to be reworked? Bose stereo to blame?
Old 06-29-2024, 09:22 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

Chandler, AZ... nothing too exotic, just scorpions and tiny lizards. I have a number of hypotheses, maybe my base build got delayed to give higher end builds more priority for parts? Maybe there was a chip shortage? Maybe a quality issue that they caught that had to be reworked? Bose stereo to blame?
Originally Posted by tr41t0r
strange that my car was 1 week before yours and the new estimated dates is a full month off
really curious as to what’s going on, and @tr41t0r any chance you might be asking for some % off msrp due to this late delivery?
Old 06-29-2024, 09:22 PM
Samolyot
Intermediate

Or maybe the CDK outage got me?
Old 06-29-2024, 09:27 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

no it most likely has to do with the QC of your car or a part related to it. Also the options you picked or the exclusive manukfatur
Samolyot (07-04-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 09:28 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Boy I sure don’t know. I’m holding my breath that I make this 7/1-2 ship heading my way or else I expect a healthy delay/. I’m nothing special to anyone but me, a pretty highly optioned T but clearly no GT car. I’ve had all your same thoughts and curiosities. Just hoping I get it before I start seeing 992.2’s, though TBH I don’t want one of those (no debate start intended!).
Old 06-29-2024, 09:30 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 897 Posts

That is on the dealer level, not on the manufacturer level from everything I have recently read via Automotive News.
Samolyot (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 09:53 PM
tr41t0r
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by js1ngh13
really curious as to what’s going on, and @tr41t0r any chance you might be asking for some % off msrp due to this late delivery?
feel like there’s no way they’d take anything off. They could sell this car in a second above msrp if they wanted
The following 2 users liked this post by tr41t0r:
CJDCREW (06-29-2024), Samolyot (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 09:58 PM
Chartreuse
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tr41t0r
feel like there’s no way they’d take anything off. They could sell this car in a second above msrp if they wanted
exactly. This is not Amazon. You are buying a custom, special order item. It arrives when it arrives. Like it or not.

I just got delayed 2-3 weeks in San Diego before release to dealership. Who knows…
Old 06-29-2024, 10:07 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

These extended delays without an explanation from the Dealer are unacceptable.
I have a "T" on a ship headed to the West coast now and they crushed the TYD schedule...They beat all the deadlines by weeks, so I know they can build cars quickly!
So, to have cars missing the schedule by months is crazy.
At some point in the process Porsche or the dealer knows that vehicle is not going to make the projected schedule. You would think someone would say...lets start another build, so that this customer receives the car ordered in the timeframe we promised.
Port issues are out of the hands of Porsche, but factory issues they can control.

Last edited by sk911; 06-29-2024 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2024, 10:18 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

Originally Posted by sk911
I have a "T" on a ship headed to the West coast now and they crushed the TYD schedule...They beat all the deadlines by weeks, so I know they can build cars quickly!
At some point in the process Porsche or the dealer knows that vehicle is not going to make the projected schedule. You would think someone would say...lets start another build, so that this customer receives the car ordered in the timeframe we promised.
Port issues are out of the hands of Porsche, but factory issues they can control.
Factory issues is not something the Porsche dealers in NA can control. And starting another build at the customers discretion isn’t something Porsche dealers can just make up there isn’t extra allocations to go around to make duplicate cars if a customers car is stuck
M3Inline6 (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 10:19 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,798 Likes on 972 Posts

Originally Posted by sk911

It’s a bit unreasonable and devoid of rationale to suggest a new build and another allocation spot due to a delay or delays. Things happen! It’s frustrating……I get it, we’ve all been there, but a new allocation for a new build wouldn’t solve your patience issue.
js1ngh13 (06-29-2024)

Quick Reply: 992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?