992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024 | 10:07 PM
Chartreuse
Instructor

Quick question regarding production pictures. I have not received the elevator picture yet. Is this common to appear after production is complete? Does it take a while after completion? I started production on 05/08/24 and finished 05/15/24. I've received the attached pictures and TYD says the car is at the port awaiting the boat.

Thank you for the help!

Old 05-19-2024 | 10:11 PM
Chartreuse
Instructor

Originally Posted by Will Motivation
I have alot of the same options even same exterior options (chaulk, aerokit, black optics)...
Mabye it's the Bose sterero or something. I also just got delayed by about a month. Went from June 21 delivery to July 18th.
We were discussing this in the T thread but I think your TYD dates are off. Especially if you have finished production and got pictures. I have the bose also and we finished around the same time. Mine is at port currently. My dates also got pushed by a month a few weeks ago and have been steadily coming back down as production dates were completed.

I would expect your dates to update shortly. At least, I hope so.
The following users liked this post:
Will Motivation (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:13 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by js1ngh13
welcome to the club!

What was your start date and original process complete date?

there is still no common denominator for the delays so yeah
Start date was May 3rd. Original completion was supposed to be May 16th.
I did get that final picture of the car with the tires on it etc. on Friday evening, but thursday they pushed my completion date to june or whatever.
js1ngh13 (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:16 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by Chartreuse
We were discussing this in the T thread but I think your TYD dates are off. Especially if you have finished production and got pictures. I have the bose also and we finished around the same time. Mine is at port currently. My dates also got pushed by a month a few weeks ago and have been steadily coming back down as production dates were completed.

I would expect your dates to update shortly. At least, I hope so.
You are my hero for the day. haha
This information gives me hope. But yea it was weird that after they pushed my dates out, then I got the picture of the car completed.
I swear that they must have some freshmen college interns doing the pictures and updates. For a few hours they posted another picture to my TYD and it was the repeat of a previous picture then the next day there was a picture of the completed car. I just hope it gets back on track. I'd be a happy camper.
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:19 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Start date was May 3rd. Original completion was supposed to be May 16th.
I did get that final picture of the car with the tires on it etc. on Friday evening, but thursday they pushed my completion date to june or whatever.
I certainly hope yours moves back up. Mine was supposed to have completed production 4/16, received pictures of fully completed car 4/10, then it pushed to completion May 16 on 4/16, then on May 16 pushed to June 13. The lost in the porschesphere thread has much contemplation on this but no answers. Haven’t seen a lot there getting moved back up but could be sample bias.
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:22 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by CJDCREW
I certainly hope yours moves back up. Mine was supposed to have completed production 4/16, received pictures of fully completed car 4/10, then it pushed to completion May 16 on 4/16, then on May 16 pushed to June 13. The lost in the porschesphere thread has much contemplation on this but no answers. Haven’t seen a lot there getting moved back up but could be sample bias.
Man sorry to hear that. I hope that yours gets shipped out soon. Gotta be some special parts or something.
Are the dealerships helpful at all?
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:30 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Man sorry to hear that. I hope that yours gets shipped out soon. Gotta be some special parts or something.
Are the dealerships helpful at all?
LOL - seeing now this was in the porschesphere thread… 🤦‍♂️

Dealer - not even a little helpful and don’t even reach out to let me know on the delays, I have to see myself on TYD. Honestly not super impressed with that, but I guess they’ve gotten lazy with market demand. There are and could be much worse things happening in the world and my own life so while I monitor it I’m not going to let it bring me down. It is messing with my plans a bit, had been planning a roadtrip based on original scheduled. The plans of mice and men…
Will Motivation (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:32 PM
Crusje
Racer

Mine started 4/18 to be completed 4/25. Got pushed back to 5/24 for whatever reason. It's probably just a placeholder and they look for whatever you're missing. Mine eventually completed 5/1 so only a couple days delay. Port at 5/3 left by boat 5/17. Pretty long process.

TYD may be just an average of how long it typically takes so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Crusje; 05-19-2024 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:33 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

LOL - seeing now this was in the porschesphere thread… 🤦‍♂️

Dealer - not even a little helpful and don’t even reach out to let me know on the delays, I have to see myself on TYD. Honestly not super impressed with that, but I guess they’ve gotten lazy with market demand. There are and could be much worse things happening in the world and my own life so while I monitor it I’m not going to let it bring me down. It is messing with my plans a bit, had been planning a roadtrip based on original scheduled. The plans of mice and men…
Yea I feel ya. we all need to plan a victory lap road trip once the cars are delivered
If my car gets pushed back to July as it states, then yea my road trip to florida in the 911 is squashed as well.
But this does give me more time to clear the books (sell some other toys out of the garage).
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:37 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Yea I feel ya. we all need to plan a victory lap road trip once the cars are delivered
If my car gets pushed back to July as it states, then yea my road trip to florida in the 911 is squashed as well.
But this does give me more time to clear the books (sell some other toys out of the garage).
all challenges lead to opportunities for improvement!

I was going to drive to Florida too, not the prettiest drive but was going to detour to grab part of the Natchez trace…

Old 05-19-2024 | 10:38 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by Crusje
Mine started 4/18 to be completed 4/25. Got pushed back to 5/24 for whatever reason. It's probably just a placeholder and they look for whatever you're missing. Mine eventually completed 5/1 so only a couple days delay. Port at 5/3 left by boat 5/17. Pretty long process.

TYD may be just an average of how long it typically takes so take it with a grain of salt.
"Placeholder date" was exactly my first thought when they pushed it back by roughly 30 days.
I'll update you guys once mine moves in whatever direction. Should be interesting since I have the final car picture with the tires etc...
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:41 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

all challenges lead to opportunities for improvement!

I was going to drive to Florida too, not the prettiest drive but was going to detour to grab part of the Natchez trace…
haha this is the same thing I tell my kids.. Like damn! Stop thinking everything is a problem. Life just presents opportunities. Some you can do something about others you can't and if you can't, keep it moving, don't dwell on it.

Where would you be starting from on your trip? I'm in Ohio. I drive to Southern florida probably 2 or 3 times a year.
Old 05-19-2024 | 10:59 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

haha this is the same thing I tell my kids.. Like damn! Stop thinking everything is a problem. Life just presents opportunities. Some you can do something about others you can't and if you can't, keep it moving, don't dwell on it.

Where would you be starting from on your trip? I'm in Ohio. I drive to Southern florida probably 2 or 3 times a year.
Texas for me…. We go to Sarasota the first week of June the last few years for youth rowing national championships. Being from Texas, I am used to logging some miles to get most anywhere!
Old 05-19-2024 | 11:02 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Texas for me…. We go to Sarasota the first week of June the last few years for youth rowing national championships. Being from Texas, I am used to logging some miles to get most anywhere!
Nice! I was planning to goto Sarasota as well just to check it out then go down and around to miami then back up north. So down the west coast, down to the keys, then back up through Miami.
Not sure what my plan is now with the car not coming on time. May just take a different car or wait till August.
Old 05-19-2024 | 11:12 PM
defiant2
Instructor

@CJDCREW

when in Sarasota, if here on the 2nd Saturday, right there adjacent to Benderson (rowing lake) is a huge Cars and Coffee 8-10 am. Get there by 7:30 if you want a good space. Lots of amazing stuff, and a very wide variety too.

Quick Reply: 992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?