Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My DIY 992 PTS, EM, CXX GT3 Touring Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2024 | 06:03 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Awesome 😎

post up some more info on the custom tuning!

I wonder if those guys would build a Turbo engine?
Old 06-17-2024 | 06:29 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Just finished up with M-Engineering - was a very interesting day, and Charles and team did an amazing job. Unfortunately, we didn't have a 4.0 base tune to compare to and bench mark improvements, but prior tunes with a stock 4.0 seems pretty consistent at around 410 WHP on their Dyno. After loading their initial 4.5 L tune, the car Dyno'd at 469 WHP. They did two more rounds of refinements, and the final tune yielded 479 WHP. Best estimates are this equates to 585 crank HP. However, the interesting improvement is that peak torque improved about 40 to 50 lbs and the max RPM was about 700 RPM lower. The Deman stroker engine definitely makes more torque down low. I did a quick acceptance drive, and the car is noticeably "snappier". I'm thrilled with both the Deman build and the ME tune - highly recommended! I'l post of the dyno curve once I receive them for others to reference. . .

This is a very conservative tune set up for 91 Octane - they had 93 in Florida, but I only have normal access to 91 in Wyoming and CA, so had to dial it back a bit. I have no doubt the Deman engine would make well over 600 HP with 100 octane fuel . .

Last edited by f4bones; 06-17-2024 at 06:32 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by f4bones:
AlterZgo (06-17-2024), Jeff Whitten (06-17-2024), M3Inline6 (06-17-2024), Rick DeMan (06-18-2024)
Old 06-17-2024 | 06:49 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

One last note - it was 95 deg in Florida and very humid - awful conditions and high DA, but still yielded great results . . .
The following users liked this post:
Rick DeMan (06-18-2024)
Old 06-17-2024 | 07:52 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f4bones
Just finished up with M-Engineering - was a very interesting day, and Charles and team did an amazing job. Unfortunately, we didn't have a 4.0 base tune to compare to and bench mark improvements, but prior tunes with a stock 4.0 seems pretty consistent at around 410 WHP on their Dyno. After loading their initial 4.5 L tune, the car Dyno'd at 469 WHP. They did two more rounds of refinements, and the final tune yielded 479 WHP. Best estimates are this equates to 585 crank HP. However, the interesting improvement is that peak torque improved about 40 to 50 lbs and the max RPM was about 700 RPM lower. The Deman stroker engine definitely makes more torque down low. I did a quick acceptance drive, and the car is noticeably "snappier". I'm thrilled with both the Deman build and the ME tune - highly recommended! I'l post of the dyno curve once I receive them for others to reference. . .

This is a very conservative tune set up for 91 Octane - they had 93 in Florida, but I only have normal access to 91 in Wyoming and CA, so had to dial it back a bit. I have no doubt the Deman engine would make well over 600 HP with 100 octane fuel . .
congrats! You accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. To the results. You started with a 4.0 GT3 engine that gives stock 503hp on crank and think the 4.5 properly tuned can get you 600hp on crank. Is that what you would have expected?
Rick DeMan (06-25-2024)
Old 06-17-2024 | 08:13 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Wait I must have missed another thread or something we jumped from waiting on a porsche body and maybe painting it silver to a pic of a car getting tuned that looks silver and fully built?

what ended up happening with the ST fenders?

What a rad project.
Old 06-17-2024 | 08:19 PM
Sharknaydo
Intermediate

Awesome...looks like you'll be busy for the next week or two...

Subscribed
Old 06-17-2024 | 08:20 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Still waiting for the body from Porsche - engine finished by Deman, so installed in my GT3 touring in the interim. Yes, the results were as expected - I think we ended up with about an 70HP increase and better low-end torque - quite a substantial difference on pump gas.
Old 06-17-2024 | 09:01 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Solid results on the stroker.
Rick DeMan (06-18-2024)
Old 06-17-2024 | 11:41 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

This is so crazy. Brilliant! 🫡
Old 06-18-2024 | 09:38 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Here is the dyno plot for the ME tune - very happy with the result. ME didn't have a plot for a stock GT3, but here's mine compared to a stock (with full exhaust) GT3RS . . .

The following 3 users liked this post by f4bones:
Mydxb (06-26-2024), Rick DeMan (06-25-2024), Tobeit (06-18-2024)
Old 06-26-2024 | 01:14 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Well, so good and bad news today! First, I finally got a definitive answer from Porsche - after being jerked around by them for over 3 months, they finally said NO to a new body. They asked me to take my body to a certified Porsche frame shop to measure ($800) - based on that, they gave the thumbs up to purchase a body. Then they decided that they would sell a new body only for the 2024 model year (mine is a 2022) - and that they would not sell a body for a 2022, even thought they are identical part numbers. Supposedly, there are some small differences between the 2022 and 2024 bodies, but seems more like an excuse not to move forward. I have to say that I was throughly disappointed with Porsche on this one - they list the body as available, my body was not repairable, but yet they still will not support their customer. Shameful.

However, when one door closes, another opens. I was watching Copart, and a fairly nice wing GT3 popped up - this car had a "certificate of destruction", meaning that it can't be titled. For me, this was great news as my original blue car is titled, and thus I could use the new car as a donor. The damage looks to be very light, and it has nice options like PCCBs, PDLS+, 18 ways, etc. I won the auction this morning, and hope to have it hear next week. It went for quite a bit more than I anticipated - I figured that without a title, only the scrap dealers would be bidding. However, there were several overseas buyers who bid up the price as I guess they have other ways to title it if it leaves the country. In any case, I got it for a bit more than I wanted to pay, but now I have a clear and definitive path forward for this project! Game On!! I will have quite a few spares with this new acquisition - if anyone needs parts, feel free to reach out. I won't be needing most of the interior (except the sofas) wheels, etc. I also have two wings available plus the two GT3 rear decks if anyone interested - my projects both will have the Touring deck, so don't need the wings or the deck lid. I'm keeping the mini-ducks thought .

Last edited by f4bones; 06-26-2024 at 01:16 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by f4bones:
iso87 (06-26-2024), Mydxb (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024 | 01:52 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Well, so good and bad news today! First, I finally got a definitive answer from Porsche - after being jerked around by them for over 3 months, they finally said NO to a new body. They asked me to take my body to a certified Porsche frame shop to measure ($800) - based on that, they gave the thumbs up to purchase a body. Then they decided that they would sell a new body only for the 2024 model year (mine is a 2022) - and that they would not sell a body for a 2022, even thought they are identical part numbers. Supposedly, there are some small differences between the 2022 and 2024 bodies, but seems more like an excuse not to move forward. I have to say that I was throughly disappointed with Porsche on this one - they list the body as available, my body was not repairable, but yet they still will not support their customer. Shameful.

However, when one door closes, another opens. I was watching Copart, and a fairly nice wing GT3 popped up - this car had a "certificate of destruction", meaning that it can't be titled. For me, this was great news as my original blue car is titled, and thus I could use the new car as a donor. The damage looks to be very light, and it has nice options like PCCBs, PDLS+, 18 ways, etc. I won the auction this morning, and hope to have it hear next week. It went for quite a bit more than I anticipated - I figured that without a title, only the scrap dealers would be bidding. However, there were several overseas buyers who bid up the price as I guess they have other ways to title it if it leaves the country. In any case, I got it for a bit more than I wanted to pay, but now I have a clear and definitive path forward for this project! Game On!! I will have quite a few spares with this new acquisition - if anyone needs parts, feel free to reach out. I won't be needing most of the interior (except the sofas) wheels, etc. I also have two wings available plus the two GT3 rear decks if anyone interested - my projects both will have the Touring deck, so don't need the wings or the deck lid. I'm keeping the mini-ducks thought .

Will you need both hoods? I’m also interested in the rear seat delete parts.
dixonk (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024 | 02:05 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Where there is a will there is a way! Good to hear things are moving a long!
Old 06-26-2024 | 01:23 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Another interesting find - bought this damaged S/T instrument cluster, and ordered some replacement LCD panels from China . . . will be interesting to see if the S/T panel works with PDK . . . Might be a total waste of money, but I like the looks of the S/T gauges . . .

The following 2 users liked this post by f4bones:
iso87 (06-26-2024), tourenwagen (06-27-2024)
Old 06-26-2024 | 01:26 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Another interesting find - bought this damaged S/T instrument cluster, and ordered some replacement LCD panels from China . . . will be interesting to see if the S/T panel works with PDK . . . Might be a total waste of money, but I like the looks of the S/T gauges . . .

Probably be easier to just pull the gauge face off and transplant it to your panel.

Quick Reply: My DIY 992 PTS, EM, CXX GT3 Touring Adventure