Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bordeaux Red Interior Enhancements?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 10:49 PM
PanHopeful
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bordeaux Red Interior Enhancements?

I am considering the Black/Bordeaux Red interior with GT Silver or Ice Grey Metallic Exterior. Outside of spec’ing extended leather options, are there other options that go well to customize/enhance the interior?

If I was spec’ing the black interior, I might spec Guards Red dials and seatbelts, but I suspect that would clash with Bordeaux. I’ve seen mixed reviews on the while dials and don’t think yellow or green work.

If I do black deviated stitching, I think I would effectively lose deviated stitching on the dash and upper doors. Just looking for ways to further customize it that would go well and make sense to do.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Gary12000 (05-09-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 11:46 PM
Schwarz992C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHopeful
I am considering the Black/Bordeaux Red interior with GT Silver or Ice Grey Metallic Exterior. Outside of spec’ing extended leather options, are there other options that go well to customize/enhance the interior?

If I was spec’ing the black interior, I might spec Guards Red dials and seatbelts, but I suspect that would clash with Bordeaux. I’ve seen mixed reviews on the while dials and don’t think yellow or green work.

If I do black deviated stitching, I think I would effectively lose deviated stitching on the dash and upper doors. Just looking for ways to further customize it that would go well and make sense to do.

Thanks!
I have GT Silver paint and Black/Bordeaux leather. I added Carbon Fiber trim, extended leather, 930 pkg, silver belts and racetek visors/headliner. Wishing you an enjoyable time planning.

Old 02-25-2024, 01:21 AM
js1ngh13
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwarz992C4S
I have GT Silver paint and Black/Bordeaux leather. I added Carbon Fiber trim, extended leather, 930 pkg, silver belts and racetek visors/headliner. Wishing you an enjoyable time planning.

besides the 930 on the ss+ seats I don’t think you need to add anything.

I was gonna add red to the tach and sport chrono but I realized that would’ve been overkill on red
Schwarz992C4S (02-25-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 07:12 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

You get contrast stitching automatically with this interior.

i have the red sport Chrono dial on mine, it’s fine if you want to waste $430 and you like it….otherwise i would put that cash into leather sun visors as the factory vinyl ones look and feel cheap.

There’s enough red in the interior the seatbelts are better in black.

Last edited by drcollie; 02-25-2024 at 07:18 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by drcollie:
2thHappy (02-25-2024), Gary12000 (05-09-2024), Motorin Mark (02-25-2024), needmoregarage (05-07-2024), Pad Bender (02-25-2024), Schwarz992C4S (02-25-2024), user 64927802 (02-25-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-25-2024, 10:34 AM
24TargaGTS
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks!
Hi @PanHopeful. I actually went through deciding this recently as well. I have a GT silver Targa on order.

The two tone black and Bordeaux leather is gorgeous in person - I actually liked it more than I thought I would, but don't think I could get used to that much red in the interior on a day-to-day basis. I have had Bordeaux red seatbelts in my Macan as an enhancement for several years now and like that nice pop of colour. Makes me smile.

Colour is of course very personal. I thought that the Guard's red stitching would be too bright for me personally, and that the Bordeaux stitching wouldn't show enough contrast with black leather. When you see it in person, there is definitely good contrast with Black leather. I decided to go extended black leather with the deviated stitching package in Bordeaux, with Bordeaux belts. Like you, I wondered about the tachometer but think it would be a mismatch with Bordeaux. Carmine could maybe work but is only available with the GTS package.

This site has been really helpful to look at pics of deviated stitching in Bordeaux. This post from @Vernin was helpful, and I found another elsewhere showing it on the steering column in leather.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1230...l#post18961622

I was planning to post some pics when my car comes because looking at interior pics on here has been really useful!
Old 02-25-2024, 12:32 PM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Received 423 Likes on 207 Posts

I have Carrera White Metallic paint and Black/Bordeaux leather. I added Carbon Fiber trim, extended leather, 930 pkg, deviated seat centers (ventilated), silver seat belts, leather sun visors, racetek headliner and the optional custom floor mats. Did not do the red on the tach or clock as it did not match the other red inside. Also have the Burmester sound system which matches the silver on the pedals, center console, doors etc. Really happy with the outcome.

The following 6 users liked this post by Motorin Mark:
Bearrun21 (03-09-2024), NEH51 (05-06-2024), notcarbonated (02-25-2024), Schwarz992C4S (02-25-2024), user 64927802 (02-25-2024), wdr911 (05-10-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-25-2024, 01:20 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 648 Posts

Leather trim looks great with black bordeaux

The following 3 users liked this post by Pad Bender:
Motorin Mark (02-25-2024), TresPorsches (02-28-2024), wdr911 (05-10-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 01:48 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

The visors on this interior are black, so the visor leather option is black leather - does it visually look that different in leather given that its black? That extended door panel in leather package, I've read reviews where owners said that the lower door panel, which is an area subject to scuffing and soiling from shoes, the leather down there doesn't hold up to it over time - so although it would be nice to have the leather door handles, I am staying away from that package. Comments?
Schwarz992C4S (03-10-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 05:04 PM
PanHopeful
Advanced

Interesting idea! Any additional pics? Thanks.
Originally Posted by Pad Bender
Leather trim looks great with black bordeaux

Old 02-25-2024, 05:04 PM
PanHopeful
Advanced

Wonderful! Really like this. Appreciate all the pics!
Originally Posted by Motorin Mark
I have Carrera White Metallic paint and Black/Bordeaux leather. I added Carbon Fiber trim, extended leather, 930 pkg, deviated seat centers (ventilated), silver seat belts, leather sun visors, racetek headliner and the optional custom floor mats. Did not do the red on the tach or clock as it did not match the other red inside. Also have the Burmester sound system which matches the silver on the pedals, center console, doors etc. Really happy with the outcome.

The following 2 users liked this post by PanHopeful:
Motorin Mark (02-25-2024), wdr911 (05-10-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 05:26 PM
PanHopeful
Advanced

Originally Posted by 24TargaGTS
Hi @PanHopeful. I actually went through deciding this recently as well. I have a GT silver Targa on order.

The two tone black and Bordeaux leather is gorgeous in person - I actually liked it more than I thought I would, but don't think I could get used to that much red in the interior on a day-to-day basis. I have had Bordeaux red seatbelts in my Macan as an enhancement for several years now and like that nice pop of colour. Makes me smile.

Colour is of course very personal. I thought that the Guard's red stitching would be too bright for me personally, and that the Bordeaux stitching wouldn't show enough contrast with black leather. When you see it in person, there is definitely good contrast with Black leather. I decided to go extended black leather with the deviated stitching package in Bordeaux, with Bordeaux belts. Like you, I wondered about the tachometer but think it would be a mismatch with Bordeaux. Carmine could maybe work but is only available with the GTS package.

This site has been really helpful to look at pics of deviated stitching in Bordeaux. This post from @Vernin was helpful, and I found another elsewhere showing it on the steering column in leather.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1230...l#post18961622

I was planning to post some pics when my car comes because looking at interior pics on here has been really useful!
Thanks for the reply and info. Very helpful.
Old 02-25-2024, 05:48 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

Leather always feels better than vinyl. On the sun visors, I heard a rumor that if ordered in leather the factory does not apply the airbag stickers, but someone who did pop for that option would have to confirm.
The following 2 users liked this post by drcollie:
Motorin Mark (02-25-2024), nyca (02-25-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 07:36 PM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Originally Posted by drcollie
Leather always feels better than vinyl. On the sun visors, I heard a rumor that if ordered in leather the factory does not apply the airbag stickers, but someone who did pop for that option would have to confirm.

I had heard that rumor too. I was ordering the leather visors anyway because I had everything else inside in leather, but my hope was that the airbag stickers would be deleted, No such luck as can be seen on my pics number two and three above, those ugly stickers still come on the leather visors too. Oh well.
Old 02-25-2024, 07:55 PM
2thHappy
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks!

another thumbs up for GT Silver with black and bordeaux red (in 930 style).
The following 3 users liked this post by 2thHappy:
Motorin Mark (02-25-2024), Pad Bender (02-25-2024), Schwarz992C4S (02-25-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 07:57 PM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Originally Posted by nyca
The visors on this interior are black, so the visor leather option is black leather - does it visually look that different in leather given that its black? That extended door panel in leather package, I've read reviews where owners said that the lower door panel, which is an area subject to scuffing and soiling from shoes, the leather down there doesn't hold up to it over time - so although it would be nice to have the leather door handles, I am staying away from that package. Comments?
Sorry I can't answer your first question as I have not seen the vinyl sun visors in person. I have the extended door panel in leather and after a full year no scuffing or any blemishes on mine but, two important things, I live in Florida so no snow or mud ever in my car and I am very careful both entering and exiting my car as is my wife, so for me this was a "must have" option to complete my interior that you see above.

Quick Reply: Bordeaux Red Interior Enhancements?