Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2024 Allocation or Defer for 2025

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 08:54 PM
gulfblu
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

I got the call at the end of Dec that my allocation @ MSRP came in for 24 C2S, build lock in Jan, April delivery. the SA told me i could get my manual transmission and the heritage interior package( though I've read on here it was on stop hold in jan) but no PTS, i really wanted gulfblue so i was still excited but had a reservation. I told my "loving one" AKA my wife my allocation came in, she said great get the car ( and she actually preferred gentian blue over gulf blue), but she said "I am going to give exactly the cost you spend on the car to charity, feed the hungry stuff, it's only fair". I called the SA back and told him i need until after the new year to process, he said no worries. I eventually passed on the car telling him i wanted the 992.2 with the color i wanted. I shared PTS colors with my wife and she preferred the green shades over blue. i think i am going to get a green 911c2s for the loving one and myself. I didn't want to part with 180K times 2 or 360kish and not get the exact car color i wanted. The SA told me he would call me in 6 to 9 months when the allocations come out for 992.2. I got 2016 gt4 and a 2006 997 c4s cab to drive and enjoy in the meanwhile, but only spring to fall driving for me due to living in winter climates,

The world would better if all of wives or husbands( the loving ones) told us "no worries buy the car, but i am giving equally to charity"
Old 02-01-2024, 10:15 PM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by gulfblu
The world would better if all of wives or husbands( the loving ones) told us "no worries buy the car, but i am giving equally to charity"
Is this for real ? or are you trolling us ? This was frankly the funniest post I have read in days.

Should you have not squared this away with "the loving one" first ?

I would have pulled the trigger on that 992.1 C2S
The following 2 users liked this post by johnohara:
Diablo Dude (03-15-2024), Icegrill (02-02-2024)

Quick Reply: 2024 Allocation or Defer for 2025