Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 09:45 AM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Allocation

I just got put on the list for a Cab2S….wondering a couple of things

1. Does it matter the model i requested?…for example can you get different models sooner?
2. If i requested European delivery does that improve your date or not?

thanks for your help
Old 11-30-2023, 09:48 AM
jbl16
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Maskman

1. Does it matter the model i requested?…for example can you get different models sooner?

thanks for your help
Its 100% up to your dealer on how they distribute allocations. They don't have much control on what gets allocated to them, it depends on a variety of factors. ED slots are limited.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:51 AM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 45 Posts

Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
jbl16 (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 10:10 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,245 Posts

Thank you!
By the way, I would be skeptical of the value of being on a "list".
It's been my experience that "lists" are essentially worthless. A deposit obviously has more meaning.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:13 AM
jbl16
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
It's been my experience that "lists" are essentially worthless. A deposit obviously has more meaning.
Agreed even with a deposit its worthless, but better than a list without a deposit.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:28 AM
Piran
Intermediate

Received 66 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks for your help
You'll want to tell them you're interested in other models; otherwise, they may not tell you when one becomes available.

European delivery can help move you up in the list since it gives the dealer another allocation slot. I did ED for that reason and got an allocation within 2 months for a C2GTS. on the flip side, ED can delay things if dates are booked so you want your SA to get you a date picked ASAP.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:55 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,541 Likes on 5,064 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Originally Posted by jbl16
Agreed even with a deposit its worthless, but better than a list without a deposit.
If you have to be on a "list" to get an allocation, it just means you won't be getting an allocation any time soon.

People who are getting an allocation don't need to be on any "lists".

"List" is Porsche dealer speak for "don't call us, we'll call you."
Old 11-30-2023, 12:29 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

A basic thing to understand is that lists go in the order of profitability. Deposits are basically meaningless-ie 2 people are on the list-person a has a 5K deposit and nothing else and person B has no deposit but has a desirable trade in which the dealer could flip and make a quick 5-10K. Who do you think gets the allocation? Plus the guy who is willing to pay an ADM and has no deposit will get the nod over a guy with a 5K deposit and wants to pay MSRP. Dealers don't make money on deposits, and they could care less if you demonstrate you are serious about an order with a deposit. As long as there are lists they just go onto the next person if you back out.

The following users liked this post:
981KMAN (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 12:39 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,245 Posts

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
Plus the guy who is willing to pay an ADM and has no deposit will get the nod over a guy with a 5K deposit and wants to pay MSRP. Dealers don't make money on deposits, and they could care less if you demonstrate you are serious about an order with a deposit. As long as there are lists they just go onto the next person if you back out.
Just to clarify.
The ADM becomes the deposit.

Old 11-30-2023, 05:58 PM
ImpeachS
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
If you have to be on a "list" to get an allocation, it just means you won't be getting an allocation any time soon.

People who are getting an allocation don't need to be on any "lists".

"List" is Porsche dealer speak for "don't call us, we'll call you."
Unfortunately this is absolutely correct. Take it from someone who was on "the list" of four dealers for two years. You need to find your own allocation. Picking up my 2024 Cab 4S next week which was the result of a blind call to a dealer that had an MSRP allocation. Query: What about the people on his list?
Many people wait on the lists for a year before they figure the foregoing out. We just helped you cut to the chase.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:29 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 75 Posts

thanks for your help
Have you received an email from Porsche to confirm that a demand order was placed on your behalf?

That doesn’t mean you have an allocation but let’s Porsche know that your dealership will be filling and expecting that allocation.

That was my process for me , allocation took two months after my demand order was created.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:42 PM
PBoxS986
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

ED delayed me by 3 months due to limited availability. Dealer did not want me to do ED but I did it anyway. In the end, they were pleased I did it as they received an additional allocation for the same trim.I would thoroughly recommend that you wait and do the ED, experience of a lifetime.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:52 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpeachS
Unfortunately this is absolutely correct. Take it from someone who was on "the list" of four dealers for two years. You need to find your own allocation. Picking up my 2024 Cab 4S next week which was the result of a blind call to a dealer that had an MSRP allocation. Query: What about the people on his list?
Many people wait on the lists for a year before they figure the foregoing out. We just helped you cut to the chase.
I got on the list in January.
I was told I was #4 on the list.
Ten months later, dealer called with an allocation.
Old 11-30-2023, 08:18 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 677 Likes on 339 Posts

Interesting Topic.... I obtained an allocation for a Carrera S Coupe on the day I contacted the dealer. Signed the order paperwork 3 days later due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Lock Date 1/10/2024. Est Delivery in late March 2024

The key is the Options/Total Cost Ratio. See thread below.

How to get a 911 Allocation Sooner....

So let your Dealer know your build configuration, and keep the Options/Total Cost Ratio above 20% if you want an allocation sooner.

Last edited by 981KMAN; 11-30-2023 at 08:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 981KMAN:
PG5768 (12-02-2023), Staffie Guy (12-02-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 09:40 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
Interesting Topic.... I obtained an allocation for a Carrera S Coupe on the day I contacted the dealer. Signed the order paperwork 3 days later due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Lock Date 1/10/2024. Est Delivery in late March 2024

The key is the Options/Total Cost Ratio. See thread below.

How to get a 911 Allocation Sooner....

So let your Dealer know your build configuration, and keep the Options/Total Cost Ratio above 20% if you want an allocation sooner.
I kind of suspected this when my SA asked me to share my build back in January.

However, I didn’t send it to him (because I was still in the process of configuring it) until he called notifying me that I received an allocation.

I suspect their approach would be to suggest additional options to customers who don’t meet the required ratio. (In my case, the car was already “well optioned” so the SA only made a few minor suggestions, some of which I took).

Quick Reply: Allocation