Sponsored by:

Yes! Got my allocation for my first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 11:59 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Rowferll
Just received allocation for my first Porsche Carrera T delivery around January 2024. But am I crazy with this minimal build option?

Help me build. Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8BBPV0
that’s awesome! i wish i had the chance to get titanium colored wheels. that looks awesome.

personally, i would do a more conservative color but if you like that color then by all means, enjoy!

the side decals is not my thing either. i like no markings.

my basic basic 911 below. if i had to redo anything i would change the color to white or silver and add a rear wiper and equip it so i could add a rack. but i live in the mountains …

Old 10-03-2023, 03:45 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by 6172crew
but without the car running it sounded fine to me.
This was the big mistake unless you only care about listening to the stereo in a parking lot with the car off. Take it down a freeway at 70mph and give the basic stereo another try. You may have a change of opinion. Its all personal though. For me, not so much the audiophile quality to be concerned with. Its being able to play the stereo at a decent enough volume so it can be heard well without distorting and not blasting. Cannot test this sitting still with the car off. I do not even have a T, just a base C2 and it is the stereo that balances out the road noise etc on longer freeway trips. Amazing what being able to listen to a clear audio / volume does to cancel the road noice in the brain. It's not as if the Bose upgrade is anything amazing on its own, but it does have the appropriate wattage to give clean audio in a 992.
Old 10-03-2023, 04:17 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a low option or even a zero option T. Take options that you would like/need, not what you think someone else would. If you never listen to any music on the stereo, then don't take Bose. If you have no steep driveways to contend with, don't take FAL. If you enjoy sunroofs, then take the sunroof. As for leather or non-leather interior, see how the non-leather dash and door panels look to you in person. Having driven and seen many Porsches both with leather dash and vinyl dash, I would always option the leather. If the look of the vinyl is fine with you, don't take the leather. If you want the more pure rear-engine behavior, don't take RAS.

If optioning my own, I would not need FAL but I would want surround view as I park in a tight garage space and I also like the birds eye view for backing into spaces that are as far against a curb as possible. Plus the front camera of surround view would reduce my concerns of running up over a steep driveway or parking block with less complexity than FAL. So to me personally, surround view would be of more use and would cover some of the ground that FAL does. I also personally like the idea of RAS and would take that just because it's interesting to me. Extended fuel tank is a no brainer to me as the less frequent visits I have to make to a gas station, the better.
The following 3 users liked this post by rasetsu:
3rdpedal (10-03-2023), BED997 (10-03-2023), Rowferll (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 04:32 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by tmslc
that’s awesome! i wish i had the chance to get titanium colored wheels. that looks awesome.

personally, i would do a more conservative color but if you like that color then by all means, enjoy!

the side decals is not my thing either. i like no markings.

my basic basic 911 below. if i had to redo anything i would change the color to white or silver and add a rear wiper and equip it so i could add a rack. but i live in the mountains …
I would have gotten the roof rack if it had been an option. When I got my 2021 C2S you had to get the metal or glass sunroof to get the roof rack pieces, starting with the 2022 they added the $60 roof rack option. But I'm fine without it too.
And while I do love my Gentian Blue, I waffled between that and Chalk, and if I had to do it all over again, I'd likely go Chalk or even Arctic Grey.
The following users liked this post:
tmslc (10-04-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 07:49 PM
Eric11
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 36 Posts

Too bad Arctic Grey is no longer available and no PTS until after Q2? Kind of stuck right now on picking colors for my T /:
Old 10-03-2023, 09:42 PM
mcacs1
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't have RAS and FAL, but my impression is that the FAL does not seem required if you don't have a steep driveway and the RAS doesn't seem to make a big difference (to some people anyway). If any given option does not seem to be a must to you and you want your config lean, don't take it. Things like leather (partial or full) and 18 way seats are a matter of personal preference/convenience, they are not a must (I have leather package). I have ventilated seats and they don't do that much for me, but perhaps in hot weather they make a difference. I wanted the Bose, but it was not available when my configuration was frozen last April. About the base system: I'm living fairly well with it even at highway speeds; it is underpowered yes, but IMO it's fine for podcasts and even for music if you fiddle with eq (when sourcing music from your phone) and you don't listen at high'ish volume. It's not atrocious, but it's very limited. I have LCA and ACC, but they are far from necessary; they are more on the convenient side.
Attached Images  

Last edited by mcacs1; 10-03-2023 at 09:46 PM.
markda (10-04-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 10:13 PM
BED997
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

^ looks great in silver

Also, try to sit in a 992 if you can before ordering. My dealer had a base 992 with no options so it was nice to see what you get, and can and can't live with before ticking all the expensive options.

Last edited by BED997; 10-03-2023 at 10:18 PM.
mcacs1 (10-05-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 10:49 PM
SapphireBlue981S
Instructor

Received 410 Likes on 113 Posts
Default The T Ethos is Purist

Stripped T is the way to go, it’s supposed to be a purist driver’s car!

surround view
LCA
Bose
7 speed manual
side skirts
4 way seats
PDLS
Sharwerks exhaust
Old 10-03-2023, 11:35 PM
Rowferll
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Just updated my build today.

Racing yellow
7 speed manual
standard wheels
4 way seats
extended gas tank
LCA
Bose
Rear seats

I’m still justifying if i really need the surround view camera with folding mirror or anything i should add?

I would also like to hear everyone’s thought about the racing yellow.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rowferll:
Gripster (10-04-2023), Ørjan (10-06-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 07:33 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 897 Posts

Racing yellow
7 speed manual
standard wheels
4 way seats
extended gas tank
LCA
Bose
Rear seats

I’m still justifying if i really need the surround view camera with folding mirror or anything i should add?

Is your garage entrance narrow? Mine is and it is the only reason I have added the folding mirrors.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 10-04-2023 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:40 AM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 257 Posts

Racing yellow
7 speed manual
standard wheels
4 way seats
extended gas tank
LCA
Bose
Rear seats

I guess in the US folding mirrors are questionable, but over here in Blighty the narrow lanes particularly where I live are a MUST! I think Barkat concurs?
Having had a loan for a weekend of GTS4 Targa covering nearly 400 miles with surround view I have ordered it. It is really useful when parking and navigating small roads, also the comment that it partially does the job of FAL is true.
So yes IMO I would configure both options as worthwhile.
Old 10-04-2023, 09:19 AM
chewy08753
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a T I’m picking up this weekend , only option is carbon roof , the most blank window sticker I’ve ever scene , as long as your happy with it , don’t sweat the small stuff, you’ll enjoy the car
The following 2 users liked this post by chewy08753:
Bodibedo (10-04-2023), RatherJaded (10-04-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 09:43 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 897 Posts

My personal take on LCA, if one does not intend to drive the car often on interstates for long distances, I would not add it. I am unaware if it can be fully turned off?

Edit: I found YouTube videos of it being turned on/off as well as brightness adjusted.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 10-04-2023 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-04-2023, 09:52 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
My personal take on LCA, if one does not intend to drive the car often on interstates for long distances I would not add. I am unaware if it can be fully turned off?
LCA or lane change assist is just blinking lights in the side mirrors. It's better known as blind spot detection with other manufacturers. It can be turned off. Perhaps what you are thinking of is LKA which is lane keep assist and an option that actually vibrates/moves the steering wheel when the windshield camera detects drifting out of lane.
Old 10-04-2023, 10:02 AM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
LCA or lane change assist is just blinking lights in the side mirrors. It's better known as blind spot detection with other manufacturers. It can be turned off. Perhaps what you are thinking of is LKA which is lane keep assist and an option that actually vibrates/moves the steering wheel when the windshield camera detects drifting out of lane.
Lane Keep Assist can be turned off, I have checked with my dealer with sitting in car with it and disabling it.
If you want speed limit notifications posted on your dash board you have to have it,
I have ticked the box but will keep the lane keep assist always turned off, just use the speed limit indicator as we have a plethora of speed limits over here in the UK and it is sometimes difficult to know what the limit is ? Councils are bad with their signage which in any case is often obscured by vegetation.

Quick Reply: Yes! Got my allocation for my first Porsche