Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yes! Got my allocation for my first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 09:12 PM
IPA1
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 78 Posts

I like the minimal build. That said, No wrong choices. I'd consider the blind side monitoring watch / alert system without the premium package. No FAL unless you have steep drives. Maybe no RAS, I have it, not sure I'd do it again. Back seats, maybe. I got them, would not if doing it over. Add GT3 skirts aftermarket if you want wide skirts. Add camera pre wire, even if you plan to only for a radar detector or aftermarket camera. Save a few buck for radiator screens. Enjoy!
Old 10-02-2023, 10:10 PM
6172crew
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I ran with a low budget build myself. Manual gearbox, 360, LCA but added the 18 ways. I wanted the bucket seats but the wife wasn’t into it so I bought the seats that could tighten things up. I even picked white paint.

If I end up with another allocation I can do a S with all the nicer options.
Old 10-02-2023, 10:48 PM
Rowferll
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 6172crew
I ran with a low budget build myself. Manual gearbox, 360, LCA but added the 18 ways. I wanted the bucket seats but the wife wasn’t into it so I bought the seats that could tighten things up. I even picked white paint.

If I end up with another allocation I can do a S with all the nicer options.
Nice minimalist build. Did you consider getting the Bose audio as mention above? I opted for a 4 way seats i think its pretty comfortable for my needs.
Old 10-02-2023, 11:48 PM
6172crew
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Rowferll
Nice minimalist build. Did you consider getting the Bose audio as mention above? I opted for a 4 way seats i think its pretty comfortable for my needs.
I went so far as to go down to my local dealership and listened to a base stereo in person. It sounded fine to me and it took me a few minutes to figure out 1 speaker wasn’t working. Probably loud aircraft and machine guns ruined my hearing but without the car running it sounded fine to me. If I didn’t have to pay a $5k ADM I might have stepped up for Bose. Maybe next time.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:13 AM
Roadworrier
Rennlist Member

Received 294 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats on your allocation. I picked my T up last week at PEC-ATL and drove it back to Virginia using every type of road, ranging from urban freeways around Atlanta to Tail of the Dragon to narrow streets around Asheville. The car excelled under all conditions. Only options are folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, armrest with Porsche crest on it, 23 gallon gas tank, Bose, and shark blue seat belts to contrast with the Gentian Blue exterior. Transmision is 7-speed manual, of course. I took the no-cost option to replace the piano black dash trim and cupholder surround with body color, which works well with the G-Blue but may look a bit garish with racing yellow, but to each their own. No regrets sticking with the base 4-way sport plus seats, the Sport-Tex + Leather bolsters are perfectly shaped for my 190 lb 5'9" body, though initially I missed the ease of the electric seat sliders that you would get with the 18-way seats. If you want ventilated seats, you have to get the leather upholstery which means you give up the 911 logo on the headrest. Only regrets were not ordering surround view and possibly FAL. While some leather dash trim with stitching would be luxurious looking, $4500 to get leather with gray stitching on the dash and doors is a bit ridiculous (even more if you want the lizard green stitching and pinstripes to go with the leather, and more yet if you do deviated stitching). Especially since I have a Subaru Outback that comes with soft touch surfaces everywhere and bright green stitching in the Onyx edition on the dash and seats, and cost well south of $40k. On the 911T, I prefer to shift gears and read the tachometer and gauges as needed, not stare at the stitching, whIch contrary to popular belief, does not reduce your 0-60 times or increase your top speed. I know, I'm turning into Doug DeMuro now.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 12:19 AM
Rowferll
Track Day

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Congrats on the allocation.

I think your build is completely fine, as long as you know the reasons you are opting for certain things.

Like the fire extinguisher. Are you getting it because you actually think you'll need to put a fire one day and that little tube will actually be effective? Or do you just think it looks cool? If that latter, then definitely get it. If the former, it's just more dead weight cuz I wouldn't want to put out a car fire (for one) and and if I did I wouldn't to just use that fire extinguisher to do it.

FAL. No reason not to get it as long you think the driveways that you use for ingress/egress are such that having it will make your car more user-friendly. Don't listen to any of us about it, because we don't drive your driveways and we don't drive the way you do.

TL;DR you're build is fine as long you have legit reasons for building it the way it is.

Congrats again.
Thank you. It’s an eye opener for the fire extinguisher i opted in because its cheap. Lol But your right its better without it since its a dead weight and bests the purpose of the “ethos” of the T.

Im finally realizing too that i dont really need a FAL. Now il trying to convice myself to get a Bose upgrade since i usually listen to podcast.

Old 10-03-2023, 12:27 AM
Rowferll
Track Day

Originally Posted by Roadworrier
Congrats on your allocation. I picked my T up last week at PEC-ATL and drove it back to Virginia using every type of road, ranging from urban freeways around Atlanta to Tail of the Dragon to narrow streets around Asheville. The car excelled under all conditions. Only options are folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, armrest with Porsche crest on it, 23 gallon gas tank, Bose, and shark blue seat belts to contrast with the Gentian Blue exterior. Transmision is 7-speed manual, of course. I took the no-cost option to replace the piano black dash trim and cupholder surround with body color, which works well with the G-Blue but may look a bit garish with racing yellow, but to each their own. No regrets sticking with the base 4-way sport plus seats, the Sport-Tex + Leather bolsters are perfectly shaped for my 190 lb 5'9" body, though initially I missed the ease of the electric seat sliders that you would get with the 18-way seats. If you want ventilated seats, you have to get the leather upholstery which means you give up the 911 logo on the headrest. Only regrets were not ordering surround view and possibly FAL. While some leather dash trim with stitching would be luxurious looking, $4500 to get leather with gray stitching on the dash and doors is a bit ridiculous (even more if you want the lizard green stitching and pinstripes to go with the leather, and more yet if you do deviated stitching). Especially since I have a Subaru Outback that comes with soft touch surfaces everywhere and bright green stitching in the Onyx edition on the dash and seats, and cost well south of $40k. On the 911T, I prefer to shift gears and read the tachometer and gauges as needed, not stare at the stitching, whIch contrary to popular belief, does not reduce your 0-60 times or increase your top speed. I know, I'm turning into Doug DeMuro now.
Congratulations on your new T seems like you had a blast driving it back to Virginia. You’re right that long read almost turns you into Doug Demuro without the doug score. Lol

You mention FAL and surround view. Whats the reason you want to those options?
Old 10-03-2023, 12:46 AM
FP32NF
Advanced

Received 129 Likes on 46 Posts

Your gonna love the Racing Yellow. I think the Sport Design front end cleans up the front look a bit, but like other posters have stated, it's an option I personally chose. Mine is a C4S, but thought you'd appreciate another angle of your chosen color!

Old 10-03-2023, 02:10 AM
Char1982
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

I’m from the Bay, just moved to Sac.. you don’t need FAL unless you plan to lower it more. i have the base stereo and don’t regret not getting Bose. Surprisingly I regret not getting a heated steering wheel. If I was ordering a T my additions would be:

surround view
leather
folding mirrors
gt heated steering wheel
Old 10-03-2023, 06:05 AM
vintage38
Racer

Received 553 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by 6172crew
I went so far as to go down to my local dealership and listened to a base stereo in person. It sounded fine to me and it took me a few minutes to figure out 1 speaker wasn’t working. Probably loud aircraft and machine guns ruined my hearing but without the car running it sounded fine to me. If I didn’t have to pay a $5k ADM I might have stepped up for Bose. Maybe next time.
Congrates on the allocation. I have a C2 Cabriolet with January delivery. The standard stereo in my C2 Coupe works fine, no regrets. I did however order Bose on the cab as with top down I might need the extra wattage. I originally didn't have sunroof but added on dealer recommendation, glad I did. I also didn't have ventilated seats, but added on dealer recommendation. Regret I added as the seats are alot firmer and uncomfortable for me on long rides. These are just my personal opinions, as everyone's will differ. Nick Murray has a part 1 and part 2 video on explaining all the options, it might be worth watching before you finalize your build.
6172crew (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 06:39 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

If I were buying a T, it would be a stripper.
6172crew (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 08:11 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Congrats!

Everyone here is going to share their bias. Only you know what makes sense for you. Use the search function as all options have been discussed on this forum ad nauseam. Adding my own bias, the T is a very special car, more so than many realize including those who have one. Personal needs/wants aside, a proper T is light on options. Speak to people in your area who don't have FAL to determine if you need it. I don't believe you do. My T is optioned with preparation for roof rack, which I use, large tank, which has been excellent on the 5k mi trip I'm currently on, and wheel locks. Other than that, I spec'd a nice cabin with Bose, full leather, deviated stitching, belts, and dials that neither add or detract from performance. I would not get rear seats unless I had a child. RAS is a polarizing option. I skipped it and don't believe its useful on a car that won't see track.

Last edited by Wilder; 10-03-2023 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:49 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 896 Posts

Congrats on receiving an allocation! My T build freezes this week and finalizing my exact specs has been quite a challenge.

My personal take on rear seats, for a non-GT model the interior simply looks unfinished. The rear seats and seat belts add 21.5 lbs per someone that has previously removed them and actually weighted the parts. The expense to remove the rear seats at a later date is little to none. To add the rear seats and belts later will most certainly be a costly endeavor. There are certainly worse options to add weight back into a T… a sunroof.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 10-03-2023 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:47 AM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,007 Likes on 466 Posts

Interesting, I would skip pretty much everything people here are encouraging to add. No interest at all in stereo upgrade, FAL, RAS, surround view, folding mirrors, etc.
Wilder (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 11:51 AM
robopp
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
i'd get the bose
trade FAL with RAS
surround view
This 1000%.
FAL not needed, RAS is awesome!
Factory stereo is really really bad and surround view is really good too. Plus, surround view will pay for itself by saving you from curbing a wheel, or rubbing the front.

Quick Reply: Yes! Got my allocation for my first Porsche