Sponsored by:

Dealer won't sell me a 992 gts

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 04:55 PM
vladie22
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C.
Well he did make a copy of my drivers license and asked his manager if they could make an exception so there was no mistake as to where I live. But this second dealer and sales rep was very knowledgeable and is now talking about an alternative path with a european delivery so lets see. Thanks to those that gave me dealers to contact if this doesn't work out.
If it was West Broward, they should ( you live in the same county ) if it was Palm Beach, they have some funky "rules" but maybe just didn't want to sell at MSRP.
Old 09-14-2023, 04:55 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 514 Likes on 375 Posts

I did go to a closer dealership that advised me that some people pay large sums of money over msrp and we able to bump people off of the waiting list ( hint hint) . That doesn't work for me.
Such is the dealership climate, two dealerships in town out here, one plays games, the other has a long list of eager customers at MSRP... Porsche dealership experience can vary heavily!

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 09-14-2023 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:12 PM
ddelallata
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 29 Posts

I guess this is the new way of doing business.
I recently bought my wife a Chevy Tahoe and while looking at dealer websites, I noticed one was asking for 5K above MSRP if the purchaser did not live in the same county.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:19 PM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 174 Posts

Hello everyone, I'm asking if anyone has been denied or if you think this is a correct requirement for a purchase of a new 992 gts. I configured a new gts and contacted a local dealer to start the process, they asked me for my zip code and informed me I am out of their area and can't help me. Before you answer I am 26.9 miles from the dealership. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Joe C.
27 miles which direction?
Old 09-14-2023, 09:09 PM
Joe C.
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

South of me. does that matter?
Old 09-14-2023, 09:12 PM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

South of me. does that matter?
no it was a joke. sorry … carry on.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:36 PM
bwhale
Advanced

Received 121 Likes on 45 Posts

Hello everyone, I'm asking if anyone has been denied or if you think this is a correct requirement for a purchase of a new 992 gts. I configured a new gts and contacted a local dealer to start the process, they asked me for my zip code and informed me I am out of their area and can't help me. Before you answer I am 26.9 miles from the dealership. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Joe C.
You're clearly talking about Porsche West Broward. There is absolutely zero chance that they will not sell cars to someone who lives in Broward County. Why you ask? The hint is in the name.

If you want your problem solved, go to the dealership in person. Call them if you can't be bothered to go. But I'm guessing no dealers care about any 911 inquiries sent over the Porsche website's configurator.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:44 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 580 Likes on 371 Posts

Maybe BGTS allocations are different and more accessible than 911s? I live in PBG seasonally and reached out to Florida dealers near my Florida house for an allocation. Champion took a deposit to have me on a wait list second in line. Melbourne had me second in line as well. Sarasota wanted 15k above sticker and I declined. West Palm blew me off. Nobody told me that they wouldn’t sell because of my location. I got tired of waiting and ended up buying a 2022 Boxster 25 in NH where I live most of the year. The Florida dealers only wanted a local address. I thought Champion was very upfront with me. Who knows? I see lots of 911s in southern Florida.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:45 PM
dcgator
Cruisin'

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

My 992gts with Jan 2024 delivery is an msrp deal, without prior purchase history. Ironically the dealer whom I leased my Taycan from is 15 miles away and offered a gts allocation with $20k ADM.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:33 AM
Joe C.
Instructor

I did go to the dealer, we spent a good amount of time going over options changing some and adding some. They have an excellent facility and the salesman was courteous and knowledgeable about porsches. When I do get my gts I will go there for service no matter where I get my car from. The deal is not dead but the zip code remains a problem verified by sales manager. As I said earlier there is an alternate path, if that doesn't work I'll go elsewhere for the purchase.
The following users liked this post:
tmslc (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 09:50 AM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,039 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Y3H
This doesn't seem to be extremely uncommon, especially if there is a closer dealership to you.
I did go to a closer dealership that advised me that some people pay large sums of money over msrp and we able to bump people off of the waiting list ( hint hint) . That doesn't work for me.
Mystery solved in the first reply of the thread. The dealership wants to sell their coveted 911 allocations to buyers whom they feel sure will service their cars with them. Can’t blame them.
The following users liked this post:
Tis Mental (09-18-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 02:30 PM
2thHappy
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by The911Don
Mystery solved in the first reply of the thread. The dealership wants to sell their coveted 911 allocations to buyers whom they feel sure will service their cars with them. Can’t blame them.
I tried to buy a 911 from a dealer I've been servicing my Cayenne for over 8 years. Ended up going further away to buy one, even at msrp. I will service the 911 at the new store.
Old 09-15-2023, 03:53 PM
Joe C.
Instructor

Good move on both ends of this purchase your new car and your new dealer and service center
Old 03-02-2024, 08:21 AM
Nhat_911_GTS
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Actually the second dealer said they couldn't sell me a gts at any price because I was out of their area (zip code). That's why I started this thread.
I live in a different zip code about 30 minutes from the dealer where my GTS was obtained. The wait was almost 2 years though. I'm in PA and the dealer is in the same state.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:12 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltdodge
i would never buy a car from champion Porsche based on their past history and refusal to sell the OP a car because he is not in their zip code
porsche dealers are capable of far worse things, trust me.

Quick Reply: Dealer won't sell me a 992 gts