Sponsored by:

PDCC in 992 Gts

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 10:06 PM
PhilH930
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
I have both a 992 GTS with PDCC/RAS and a 991.1 GTS without PDCC and there is a very noticeable difference. The 991 still has great handling but the cornering on the 992 with the PDCC/RAS combo is insanely good. I'd say it's worth the money personally.
This is good to read, but also tough to isolate how much each variable impacts cornering. Not doubting any of this, but if only this could be measured to understand 991 vs 992, tires, RAS, PDCC and then sum of all.

Working on my build right now for lock date approaching, and torn on PDCC (definitely want RAS). Completely appreciate it’s more stable, but mindful if it feels any level of disconnect or float. Not a good comparison but my other car as M suspension which I love, and also spend a lot of time in the same X5 with air suspension and it feels very floaty. Again, SUV vs 992 is apples and oranges, but my perception of differing suspensions was noticeable.

Im leaning towards no PDCC as assume the stock GTS suspension is very good anyway, and most positive talk on PDCC appears to be on comfort. Having driven a GTS on the road the ride was not an issue, and much more complaint than my older F80 M3.
Old 07-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilH930
This is good to read, but also tough to isolate how much each variable impacts cornering. Not doubting any of this, but if only this could be measured to understand 991 vs 992, tires, RAS, PDCC and then sum of all.

Working on my build right now for lock date approaching, and torn on PDCC (definitely want RAS). Completely appreciate it’s more stable, but mindful if it feels any level of disconnect or float. Not a good comparison but my other car as M suspension which I love, and also spend a lot of time in the same X5 with air suspension and it feels very floaty. Again, SUV vs 992 is apples and oranges, but my perception of differing suspensions was noticeable.

Im leaning towards no PDCC as assume the stock GTS suspension is very good anyway, and most positive talk on PDCC appears to be on comfort. Having driven a GTS on the road the ride was not an issue, and much more complaint than my older F80 M3.
Each buyer must decide for themselves and make their own decision . But here are the cost comparisons from the configurator:

PDCC Option (with required RAS) = $5260. (RAS alone is $2,000 and includes lithium battery)
Club Leather Interior option = $5340
PDK Sport Package option = $5460
Premium Package option = $5350

Is PDCC in a 911 worth that cost to you? Do you have unlimited funds? Would you prefer to spend that $ on different options? It is your car so only you can answer.

Best wishes on your build.

Last edited by Fullyield; 07-22-2023 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-22-2023, 12:07 PM
CloudBoy
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you do order PDCC, I'd be curious to find out if your dates push out. Mine did, by 2 months from Nov to Jan. Due to PDCC components not available in factory. Or at least thats what I was told.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:14 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 209 Posts

992 is a coupe, 991 is a cab. I haven’t driven a 992 other than mine but can definitely feel the difference in how it turns and corners. Well worth it IMO but I also bought it used so it was just part of someone else’s build, which is nice.

Quick Reply: PDCC in 992 Gts