Sponsored by:

Prepaid Maintenance PSMP

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 04:28 PM
BrianFreeman
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
Asked for it. - my contact is out at training. Stand by.
doug_999 - did you ever get an updated list from your contact?
Old 11-15-2023, 04:34 PM
cyclingismylife
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianFreeman
doug_999 - did you ever get an updated list from your contact?
It's attached above.
Old 11-15-2023, 04:36 PM
BrianFreeman
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you - didn't notice the attachment.
Old 11-15-2023, 05:01 PM
9ElevenFan
Advanced

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks very much Doug_999. Wow, looks like the 911 (non Turbo / Non GT cars) had the Plus 1 go up about 40% ($1040 to now $1435).
Old 11-15-2023, 05:12 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 721 Likes on 334 Posts

Shameless scumbags.... because doing a 'Plus 1' oil change on a 992 GT3 is 80% more expensive then a 992 C2S, lol.

Wonder what they charge for a Taycan oil change? Bet they'll sell you a plan for that too if you asked em... "and don't forget to change the blinker fluid"

Last edited by jlegelis; 11-15-2023 at 06:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
doug_999 (11-15-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 07:18 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by cdtritt
Thanks very much Doug_999. Wow, looks like the 911 (non Turbo / Non GT cars) had the Plus 1 go up about 40% ($1040 to now $1435).
Wow
Did not notice that! I will say that my dealer charges $1,800 for that, so even at $1,400 you would save money!

I'm also surprised the Boxster / Cayman GTS costs are more than the 992!

Last edited by doug_999; 11-15-2023 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:00 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I thought I would do a quick thread on the Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan Agreement (PSMP) aka Pre-Paid Maintenance. Lots of threads on it but I didn't easily find one via searching.

Rules of the Road...(these pertain mostly to the USA and for MOST States here):
1. It is non-refundable. Once purchased it becomes part of the car. The dealer will tell you it "increases" the value of the car - but we all know, at trade, it will be worthless and yet the next guy/gal will have to pay more because "this car has prepaid maintenance!"

2. It can be purchased any time up until two years after your purchase date. So while my car is calling for an oil change in 8 days, its in service date is May 01 2021 - so I have until May 01 2023 to buy this. Therefore YOU SHOULD NEVER PURCHASE THIS EARLY!..Sell the car? Out the cash. Crash the car? Out the cash. Get the car stolen? Out the cash.

3. The price is the same at all dealers. While I'm sure someone got their dealer to do some fun stuff, my dealer quotes ""Porsche price lock the PSMP for every dealership across the nation, they can not mark it up or discount the cost (even for the nicest clients we have!!! ha)"

4. If you are going to get your car serviced at the dealer, this will normally save you money. My dealer wants $1,600 (not even sure if that includes tax) for my year two service. The first year of my PSMP (year two of service) was $1,040 and no sales tax on this (at least in my state and I swear they tax everything). That's a $550 savings - and yes, my dealer charges too much.

5. If you are going to go to an independent or self-service your car - both totally legit, then this is a rip off.

6. You need to decide how long you intend to keep the car. See #1 above.

My story is/was that I was going to find a reputable independent and not spend this money - especially when I heard the dealer was charging $1,600 for an oil change and brake fluid change. Alas, I've used an independent shop with incredible ratings for my BMW service of late and ... well... I'm not going back. It looks like they have kids working on my car - the receipts lack detail - and dammit, there is no coffee in their waiting room Oh and my specific instructions of "please get a sample of my oil in this nice Blackstone container" was "forgotten". It is the little things.

and... while it is totally legit to have an indy shop do the work on your car (or do it yourself), we all know, if there is some serious warranty claim, Porsche is going to treat the person who had the car serviced at their dealer network more favorably than the person who didn't.

Anyway, that's my write-up and at time of writing, here are the costs for this plan:

PSMP for the 992:
1st year is free,
2 year - $1,040 (This is called PSMP+1)
3 year - $2,445
4 year - $4,345
5 year - $5,035 (This is called PSMP+4)

So I went and did it - signed up for four (4) more years of maintenance for my 2021 C4S.
i did the same thing when i bought my 992. i also added in tire, wheel repair, dent repair, and oem glass repair warranty (which i have used nearly half then cost of that plan already) and was able to get my dealer to bundle them and received a nice discount on the secondary warranty plan. no discount on the porsche service plan but did get a nice discount on the other. if i run over a nail, get a new tire. if i get a rock chip that damages the wheel, wheel repair covered or replaced. ive had my 992 for 6-7 months and already had two wheel chips and 1 tire replaced. the roads where i live are bad and i drive the car daily. anyway, on the the pre-paid service ... i was talking to my dealer and they mentioned they were planning to increase rates for service (don't know if they did) but doing the porsche service made sense to me and still does if you plan to keep the car. in fact, i would have done a ten year plan if available. maybe it is something i can buy down the road.

yes, it might be cheaper to service the car myself. but life is short and i am not a mechanic by any stretch and would likely mess up something. if you are lucky and have a great porsche dealer with great tech and service advisors like i do it, its will be worth it in the long run.

even if / when porsche moves away from using dealers and sells direct it, they still need to be serviced.
Flash992 (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 10:43 AM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 721 Likes on 334 Posts

Boy, I sure hope they send you a fruitcake at Xmas, or something.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:43 PM
verstraete
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
Boy, I sure hope they send you a fruitcake at Xmas, or something.
Anyone know what the current PSMP +4 MSRP is?
Old 04-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Mb111
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by verstraete

This was back in December at the dealer. Sorry if you have a Turbo or a GT3. I put a paper over some of the models to see only the GTS line, which is what I was buying.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:27 PM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 995 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
You're not going to get a 911 loaner. More than likely a Base Macan or, if you are a lucky, a Taycan.
There are indies with loaner cars so I wouldn't dismiss them on that point -- not exclusively the domain of dealers.
Years ago, I had a dealership that would always give me a Boxster loaner. I thought that was odd, but of course fine. Something must've happened though, because then they switched to providing a generic rental...also rather odd. But to your point, my current dealer of several years always gives me a Macan or Cayenne (base).
detansinn (04-19-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 06:40 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by verstraete
Originally Posted by Mb111

This was back in December at the dealer. Sorry if you have a Turbo or a GT3. I put a paper over some of the models to see only the GTS line, which is what I was buying.
Believe it or not, they had a price increase on Feb 6th.
New price for the GTS 4.0/Spyder/GT4/25th is $6,675.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:17 AM
Mb111
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 88 Posts

Believe it or not, they had a price increase on Feb 6th.
New price for the GTS 4.0/Spyder/GT4/25th is $6,675.
Well, I definitely misjudged that there wouldn’t be a price increase inside of a year…I thought I’d have a few more months to buy it. I guess I’ll just bite the bullet sometime soon. Thanks for the update.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:46 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mb111
Well, I definitely misjudged that there wouldn’t be a price increase inside of a year…I thought I’d have a few more months to buy it. I guess I’ll just bite the bullet sometime soon. Thanks for the update.
Yea, that was strange - when I bought mine, they had not touched the price in like 3 years. I have to say, at that current price, I don't think I will be buying it in two years if I still have my 718. I'll go to an independent. Plus the SA at my dealer left (moved to Florida dealer if anyone is down by Marco Island) - so I don't have a full trust yet in my dealer now.

Old 04-20-2024, 02:03 PM
CornerOffice
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by joydrive
From Porsche at https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...tenance/psmp/:
"The PSMP coverage remains with the vehicle, so even if you trade or sell your Porsche vehicle before the plan expiration, coverage continues for the remainder of the term selected."

If I was buying a used car, this would add value.
True. I bought a CPO 2020 C2S six months ago. When I was at the dealer to swap to summer tires the service advisor told me the car still had spark plugs and four year service on the VIN due to prepaid plan by PO. So I got all this service done free to me. I don’t recall this ever being mentioned to me by the selling dealer.

Quick Reply: Prepaid Maintenance PSMP