Sponsored by:

992 C2GTS ordered with 2 weeks to change the build

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 09:26 PM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Received 343 Likes on 98 Posts
Default 992 C2GTS ordered with 2 weeks to change the build

New to Rennlist so please go easy on me. Very excited after waiting since last April 2022 for an allocation. Just got it when I switched from a C4GTS to a C2GTS. Scheduled for delivery June 25th but I am not holding my breath. Already plan on Paint Correction, PPF (front clip, mirrors, rockers and rear wheel arches) and Carbon Ceramic coating.

Current configuration photo

Here is the build code: PP3492K2

Couple questions:
- I really like the GTS interior, particularly the matching Carmine Red accessories with the exterior paint, but it eliminates the ability to have ventilated seats (requires Race-Tex seat centers)
- I dumped the Race-Tex steering wheel in favor of the leather GT heated Carbon wheel - Problem is I cannot get matching Carmine Red Deviated stitching on the Steering wheel ( guess I can live with that vs giving up the GTS interior)
- I have optioned Race-Tex in the roof liner, mirror panel, sun visors - thoughts on this? I know many are down on the fuzz

Fire away - I plan to keep this car a long time so +/- $5K in options is not really the issue.

last point - I agree with people who say you should never put your build in here and ask opinions, but really looking for confirmation and any big watch outs from those with more experience.

Thanks in advance
The following 2 users liked this post by HudsonOH992GTS:
OnPole (03-09-2023), Stespa (03-10-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 09:28 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Why don't you just get the extended deviated stitching option in GR (unfortunately, CR will probably require the Exclusive dept). This will allow you to get ventilated seats and deviated stitching on the steering wheel. Add the other GTS interior pkg in a la carte.

Also, personally I would change the brake calipers to black. Why? Because the calipers are not carmine red so there will be two different shades of red in close proximity. But if you like that look, my opinions do not matter.

Last edited by JCZ5; 03-08-2023 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-08-2023, 09:34 PM
FastBits
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ventilated seats aren’t necessary with Race-Tex seat centers. So unless you specifically want full leather seats, I wouldn’t bother. Plus you lose the GTS embroidery on the headrest, if that detail means anything to you.

As for GTS package, if you really want stitching on the wheel (and in a few other places not covered by the GTS package), you can drop the GTS interior package and just recreate it a la carte while adding deviated stitching package. It’ll cost a little more, but you’ll have stitching in more places if that’s important to you.

EDIT: I missed that you’d rather have the GTS interior, which I think is the only way to get carmine stitching. No problem going with that if you like it.

Since you plan to keep it awhile and have a bit of extra room in the budget, consider adding the Race-Tex visors after delivery from Suncoast. They’re more expensive, but you can get them without the label warning. Factory option will have a sticker that frankly I think looks bad even if you remove it.

Last edited by FastBits; 03-08-2023 at 09:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HudsonOH992GTS (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 09:39 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 331 Likes on 195 Posts

I think the extra racetex trim on the headliner, visors, etc is a nice touch you won't ever notice. I'd suggest looking at the parts of the car you touch or see every day. I don't regret not specifying leather visors. I wish I had orders leather door trim.
The following users liked this post:
HudsonOH992GTS (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 10:05 PM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Really great feedback and I had thought of the black but they are gloss black, so with all the rest matte, i ruled against but now we will get it in black. Great call.

Last edited by HudsonOH992GTS; 03-08-2023 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:08 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,065 Likes on 2,030 Posts

You forgot the aerokit, even though I think it’s unavailable, preparation for roof transport system, and I’d skip the PDLS+.

Other than that, I think you nailed it.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:17 PM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Actually we are switching the calipers to black now. Great call.

What about power steering plus (PSP) - by the way y'all abbreviate a lot and it is tough on newbees.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:21 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

@HudsonOH992GTS PSP is pretty useless in my opinion, especially if you already have rear axle steering. Also, PSP can be added later at the dealer because it is a software change and does not need to come from the factory.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:22 PM
FastBits
Track Day

Originally Posted by HudsonOH992GTS
Actually we are switching the calipers to black now. Great call.

What about power steering plus (PSP) - by the way y'all abbreviate a lot and it is tough on newbees.
Skip.

(It’s a coding change so you can always have it turned on later at the dealer if you change your mind)
Old 03-08-2023, 10:26 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

New to Rennlist so please go easy on me. Very excited after waiting since last April 2022 for an allocation. Just got it when I switched from a C4GTS to a C2GTS. Scheduled for delivery June 25th but I am not holding my breath. Already plan on Paint Correction, PPF (front clip, mirrors, rockers and rear wheel arches) and Carbon Ceramic coating.

Current configuration photo

Here is the build code: PP3492K2

Couple questions:
- I really like the GTS interior, particularly the matching Carmine Red accessories with the exterior paint, but it eliminates the ability to have ventilated seats (requires Race-Tex seat centers)
- I dumped the Race-Tex steering wheel in favor of the leather GT heated Carbon wheel - Problem is I cannot get matching Carmine Red Deviated stitching on the Steering wheel ( guess I can live with that vs giving up the GTS interior)
- I have optioned Race-Tex in the roof liner, mirror panel, sun visors - thoughts on this? I know many are down on the fuzz

Fire away - I plan to keep this car a long time so +/- $5K in options is not really the issue.

last point - I agree with people who say you should never put your build in here and ask opinions, but really looking for confirmation and any big watch outs from those with more experience.

Thanks in advance
Looking at your spec totally reminds me of mine. I configured a very similar car in the GTS and couldn't spec the same interior issue and ended up going with an S instead. Besides PDK vs. Manual I picked pretty much the same functional and cosmetic specs and I think they are totally worth it (carbon inlay, GT carbon wheel, aluminum pedals, RAS, power steering).

The two I thought long and hard about but deleted were: LED matrix and carbon illuminated door sills. I still wonder about brightness of LED matrix. PDLS+ to me feels just ok but I can't say matrix is any better or different. I'm glad I didn't get the carbon door sills, I don't look at that area at all a few weeks out.

I think if you stick with GTS trim the leather GT carbon wheel is totally worth it. I love it on mine and it (to me) looks nicer than the standard wheel, and as a non-race tex lover feels way better.
Because I wanted leather seats and not race tex, I deleted GTS interior trim but it wouldn't let me keep the GTS red stitching. So after all the fudging around I went with S because it gave me the permutation of the interior that I wanted and I figured the other differences to my driving style would be minimal.

If you like race tex I think you should consider keeping the GTS interior trim to maintain the GTS ethos.

I don't think vented seats are necessary at all (mine has it and I haven't used it once) but it may depend on if you're a big person or if you tend to sweat more.

Last edited by Triathlonkid; 03-08-2023 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:30 PM
FastBits
Track Day

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
I configured a very similar car in the GTS and couldn't spec the same interior issue and ended up going with an S instead. I think if you stick with GTS trim the leather GT carbon wheel is totally worth it. I love it on mine and it (to me) looks nicer than the standard wheel, and as a non-race tex lover feels way better.
Because I wanted leather seats and not race tex, I deleted GTS interior trim but it wouldn't let me keep the GTS red stitching. So after all the fuding around I went with S because it gave me the permutation of the interior that I wanted.

I don't think vented seats are necessary at all (mine has it and I haven't used it once) but it may depend on if you're a big person or if you tend to sweat more.
Curious, what interior did you go with on the S that wasn’t available on the GTS?
Old 03-08-2023, 10:32 PM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
I configured a very similar car in the GTS and couldn't spec the same interior issue and ended up going with an S instead. I think if you stick with GTS trim the leather GT carbon wheel is totally worth it. I love it on mine and it (to me) looks nicer than the standard wheel, and as a non-race tex lover feels way better.
Because I wanted leather seats and not race tex, I deleted GTS interior trim but it wouldn't let me keep the GTS red stitching. So after all the fuding around I went with S because it gave me the permutation of the interior that I wanted.

If you like race tex I think you should consider keeping the GTS interior trim to maintain the GTS ethos.

Super helpful and thank you for the steering wheel comment as I was about to downscale it, now it stays. My 25 year old son is also weighing in so we are enjoying the process.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:42 PM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

As others have said, I would go with the deviated stitching over the GTS package. Gives you more deviated stitching (in particular on the steering wheel).

Otherwise, consider RAS if you don't have it already or better yet, the lightweight package. That really makes the GTS special.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:45 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by FastBits
Curious, what interior did you go with on the S that wasn’t available on the GTS?
I went with black leather, red deviated stitching, 18 way seats, GT carbon leather steering wheel, porsche logo, red tac, red sport chrono.

What I meant is with the GTS, I couldn't configure the above but maintain the red GTS stitching on the seat so it basically degraded the purpose of the GTS interior trim. I didn't want any race tex, but I wanted the red GTS wording, and that combo was not possible (at least I couldn't figure out a way to make it possible).

Last edited by Triathlonkid; 03-08-2023 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:47 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Super helpful and thank you for the steering wheel comment as I was about to downscale it, now it stays. My 25 year old son is also weighing in so we are enjoying the process.
Yes enjoy the process! It's hard to not waver over decisions but in the end I think it'll be great regardless.

I also wish I added the leather package for door handle. I didn't because I didn't want leather covering for the bottle holder as one may kick it and scrape the leather. But I do feel the plastic door handle is cheap. And this is a super subtle thing but the side of the door handle has a rough surface and I tend to drive with my L leg bent and my knee rubs against it and it feels rough which I don't love. Had I known this I would've paid for the leather door handle for sure.

Quick Reply: 992 C2GTS ordered with 2 weeks to change the build