Sponsored by:

Anyone have the JCR titanium Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 08:59 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Received 219 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by reddsektor
yes, the non-valved exhaust just provides a bypass for your factory valve controller to hook into to make the car happy and not throw any errors. No, you won’t have any physical valves opening and closing anymore. It will be be very loud with cats.

When switching back to oem exhaust you just plug the valve controller back into that, no extra amount of work.
Hello Reddsektor, I know the sound is the primary appeal for this upgrade followed by weight savings. Are you aware of Jarko Lind and one other Youtuber suffering from power losses after this JCR upgrade. Apparently, the ECU learns the new airflow and curbs the hp gains after a week or so. I think you mentioned better throttle response and torque. Still feel that way? Would love to hear Pat Bender’s thoughts on this as well. I know JCR denies this phenomenon but would love to hear other inputs.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:10 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheObsessed
Hello Reddsektor, I know the sound is the primary appeal for this upgrade followed by weight savings. Are you aware of Jarko Lind and one other Youtuber suffering from power losses after this JCR upgrade. Apparently, the ECU learns the new airflow and curbs the hp gains after a week or so. I think you mentioned better throttle response and torque. Still feel that way? Would love to hear Pat Bender’s thoughts on this as well. I know JCR denies this phenomenon but would love to hear other inputs.
Can you post a link to this video? Which JCR upgrade are you specifically talking about? Valveless exhaust? Open throttle?
Old 02-18-2023, 09:30 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Can you post a link to this video? Which JCR upgrade are you specifically talking about? Valveless exhaust? Open throttle?

This may be more applicable to N/A 718s that might be losing needed back pressure.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:51 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,292 Likes on 651 Posts

People..this is a sweet offer....get ready for an aural love affair.

JCR combined with an M-E tune, simply bliss.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pad Bender:
JCR-Porsche (02-19-2023), reddsektor (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 10:33 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 511 Likes on 263 Posts

I haven’t mentioned anything about throttle response or torque yet. I’m still in the process of doing some hard runs now and data logging to send to M-engineering so that they can optimize my tune to gain the benefits from the exhaust as well as the do88 turbo inlets that I also added on at the same time.

But I know M-engineering had the best power/results from Soul’s full valveless exhaust/catless downpipes when they were testing their tune. The JCR having a similar design would probably fall in in a similar pattern of results.

Furthermore, @4rings has had these same exact mods (with the akrapovic exhaust) and the same tune optimized to his C2S, and his car has never ran better/faster than it has now.
The following 2 users liked this post by reddsektor:
PorscheObsessed (02-18-2023), TK42ONE (02-18-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 05:14 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Lind has never tested our exhaust, he was purely speculating and his theory is completely incorrect. He’s since backed down as so many people proved him wrong.

As for the ‘YouTuber’ dyno findings, this has been covered at length in a specific thread and for what it’s worth that owner still has our exhaust installed.

We have thousands of happy customers out there and a ton of real world data to back up the fact that our products work. Just be a little careful what and who you believe on the internet.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following users liked this post:
tourenwagen (02-19-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 10:13 AM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Lind has never tested our exhaust, he was purely speculating and his theory is completely incorrect. He’s since backed down as so many people proved him wrong.

As for the ‘YouTuber’ dyno findings, this has been covered at length in a specific thread and for what it’s worth that owner still has our exhaust installed.

We have thousands of happy customers out there and a ton of real world data to back up the fact that our products work. Just be a little careful what and who you believe on the internet.

JC
Thank you JC and no worries on my exploring a contrarian viewpoint held by a razor thin minority. Just wanted to address it before I become a JCR customer.
May I request a race cat and valved center combo video with valves closed?
I’d love the full system upgrade but having difficulty with the sheer loudness of some of the insta clips. My 992 CS goes to fundraisers more than it goes to a track. I want the titanium sound, weight savings without looking like the 20 yr old who just watched F&F for the first time.
Folks, let’s get the count up to 15!

EDIT: Never mind on the video request. Found this one:
https://youtu.be/jzZpOFIDE0A

Last edited by PorscheObsessed; 02-19-2023 at 10:35 AM.
justcor (01-30-2024)
Old 02-19-2023, 10:57 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,392 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Thanks! Include GT3 products too?
@JCR-Porsche

ready to sign up if 992 gt3 products are included in the group buy
​​​​​​​
Old 02-19-2023, 12:46 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Purekoryo
Im in.

1) JB991
2) Purekoryo
3) WenigerAberBeser (pending "ok" from Johnny on GT3 exhaust as well)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
Old 02-19-2023, 12:57 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Originally Posted by JB991
1) JB991
2) Purekoryo
3) WenigerAberBeser (pending "ok" from Johnny on GT3 exhaust as well)
4)PorscheObsessed
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
… …
RE66ELL (02-25-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 01:11 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,392 Likes on 730 Posts

… …
thanks for the initiative!

if GT3 products are ok I will start a thread in that forum. Maybe do one in the TT forum too?
Old 02-19-2023, 02:50 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Really sorry but we can only extend this group buy offer to our 992 Carrera / Turbo product line at this time

Feel free to share within the Turbo group as you wish, if I can help with any questions in the mean time please don’t hesitate to ask

JC
Old 02-23-2023, 04:12 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Default Bump

Just bumping it up for new interest in JCR titanium exhausts.
JCR-Porsche (02-24-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 04:51 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,129 Posts

@JCR-Porsche

If I could only choose one or the other, which would achieve the most sound: A. Sports cat or B. Valved exhaust plus valve control. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2023, 11:42 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 511 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
@JCR-Porsche

If I could only choose one or the other, which would achieve the most sound: A. Sports cat or B. Valved exhaust plus valve control. Thanks.
If I may share from personal experience again lol... sport cats only add 20-30% more sound from stock (others on here have also said this in the past). Exhaust valves open is about 60-70% from everything stock. And of course, cats and open-valve exhaust is a full 100.

Last edited by reddsektor; 02-23-2023 at 11:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by reddsektor:
JCR-Porsche (02-24-2023), Master Deep (02-24-2023)

Quick Reply: Anyone have the JCR titanium Exhaust?