Sponsored by:

Anyone have the JCR titanium Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 11:50 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,319 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by reddsektor
I should have a couple of clips later today.
Drive-by clips appreciated! Anything short of a professional grade mic tends to blow out when placed near an exhaust
The following users liked this post:
JCR-Porsche (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 12:57 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,065 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Sorry, I just saw that you created a post with a link to a video AdamLZ posted almost 6 months ago, I assumed that you watched his videos, or at least the video you shared. His 992 Turbo content is a great resource when it comes to the sound of the car with race cats & valved centre and then later cat deletes and valved centre

RACE CATS / VALVED CENTRE

https://youtu.be/yPgtenX6Fm0

CAT DELETES / VALVED CENTRE

https://youtu.be/RzWKEFaXasE

And another great video below featuring a ton of sound bites

https://youtu.be/pFA-Vhg0xNc

Adam then went on to get another system for his latest car, again he went with cat deletes and valved centre. Great combination

CAT DELETES / VALVED CENTRE

https://youtu.be/kCo8C2Lgd_8

Reference the sound difference between Carrera and Turbo models; Yes, if you asked then I would have been able to confirm that, to my ears at least, there is no audible difference between the sound of a 992 Carrera and 992 Turbo despite the 3.0 vs 3.8 due to the similarities in the header and turbo design. Any differences in tone from the displacement are so subtle that they're almost impossible to notice assuming you have the same exhaust installed on both cars.

Although your attitude is really quite abrasive I'll continue to try and help, please see below.

RACE CATS / NON SILENCED CENTRE

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn0vp...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Ill work on getting some more examples and post on here for you

JC
If it’s abrasive to say your marketing department sucks, then it is what is is.

You really expect people to comb through Instagram posts to find out what each setup is, and what it sounds like before they drop $6k on an exhaust?

You were able to find my thread regarding your exhaust and lack of videos or sound clips, but never contributed. Most people don’t have race cats or HFC, and aren’t willing to install a tune so they can turn off the CEL.

If this thread is any indicator, most people have no clue what your setups sound like. But keep sending folks to IG to search for random accounts for an exhaust clip.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:57 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 262 Posts

I agree, there isn’t much of a difference between the turbo and carrera exhaust sounds. I actually think the turbo may be a hair quieter due to the larger turbos maybe suppressing the sound more. They are very similar and comparable pre/post exhaust installs of the same brand.

Last edited by reddsektor; 02-16-2023 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:12 PM
MonopolyMoney
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have a couple of clips later today.
Patiently awaiting the update!
Old 02-16-2023, 05:13 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Originally Posted by MonopolyMoney
Patiently awaiting the update!
Just posted on my other thread
JCR-Porsche (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 06:11 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
If it’s abrasive to say your marketing department sucks, then it is what is is.

You really expect people to comb through Instagram posts to find out what each setup is, and what it sounds like before they drop $6k on an exhaust?

You were able to find my thread regarding your exhaust and lack of videos or sound clips, but never contributed. Most people don’t have race cats or HFC, and aren’t willing to install a tune so they can turn off the CEL.

If this thread is any indicator, most people have no clue what your setups sound like. But keep sending folks to IG to search for random accounts for an exhaust clip.

Would you mind starting a new thread to **** on the guy who actually responded by saying he WOULD honor a group buy if there was enough interest? Some of us like his product(s) and the service he provides. I'm on my second JCR setup and wouldn't mind one for my new T that'll be here soon. FWIW, the first setup didn't work out for me and Johnny was quick and extremely helpful to remedy the issue. It's easy enough for most to check Instagram, and there's tons of clips on this forum as well.

For the OP ~ Put me in as a "yes" on the group buy
The following 2 users liked this post by JB991:
JCR-Porsche (02-16-2023), PorscheObsessed (02-17-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 09:51 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,387 Likes on 728 Posts

We all know YouTube / internet vids don’t do any exhaust justice. Best to try and find a local who has a setup similar to what you want.

im sold on JCR, if a group buy can be done at a decent discount I’m in, otherwise I’ll wait for a used one
JCR-Porsche (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 04:22 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
im sold on JCR, if a group buy can be done at a decent discount I’m in, otherwise I’ll wait for a used one
As mentioned I'm more than happy to do something. We’ve never offered a group buy before however but I am aware that often they don’t hit numbers and/or run for extended periods of time so I would suggest the following:

The number of participants in the group buy will determine the discount level. Ie, 5 buyers (5% discount) 8 buyers (8% discount) etc etc up to a maximum of 15 buyers (15% discount)

You guys can decide when to call it and once it’s locked from your side I will issue each of the participants of the group buy with a group buy entry ticket to purchase which will be a small fee which will be deducted in full from the main orders. This is to secure numbers and discount level prior to orders being placed.

Once everyone is in I’ll then issue a discount code to all participants of the group buy and you can go ahead and make your order with the corresponding discount in our online store.

This way there’s no time limit and also no minimum participants in order for the group buy to go ahead.

The group buy offer will apply to any of our 992 Carrera / Turbo exhaust products.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following 5 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
Go Bruins (03-02-2023), MonopolyMoney (02-17-2023), PorscheObsessed (02-17-2023), surquhar (02-17-2023), tourenwagen (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 10:08 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

As mentioned I'm more than happy to do something. We’ve never offered a group buy before however but I am aware that often they don’t hit numbers and/or run for extended periods of time so I would suggest the following:

The number of participants in the group buy will determine the discount level. Ie, 5 buyers (5% discount) 8 buyers (8% discount) etc etc up to a maximum of 15 buyers (15% discount)

You guys can decide when to call it and once it’s locked from your side I will issue each of the participants of the group buy with a group buy entry ticket to purchase which will be a small fee which will be deducted in full from the main orders. This is to secure numbers and discount level prior to orders being placed.

Once everyone is in I’ll then issue a discount code to all participants of the group buy and you can go ahead and make your order with the corresponding discount in our online store.

This way there’s no time limit and also no minimum participants in order for the group buy to go ahead.

The group buy offer will apply to any of our 992 Carrera / Turbo exhaust products.

JC

SWEET!

I'm in!

15 should be an easy number to reach.

Put me down for ~ non silenced/ cat delete for 911 T (992).

Last edited by JB991; 02-17-2023 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:51 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

JC
Im in.
Old 02-18-2023, 12:17 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,387 Likes on 728 Posts

JC
Thanks! Include GT3 products too?

Last edited by WenigerAberBeser; 02-19-2023 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-18-2023, 12:52 AM
reddsektor
Pro

As stated in my review thread, this exhaust is the real deal. Absolutely intoxicating with cats. Gets louder by the day. I keep wanting to drive my car all day now for no reason other than to hear it again and again
Old 02-18-2023, 10:55 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Does this mean this unvalved exhaust will retain factory valve response after its reinstalled? I'm confused. And how much extra work is it to reinstall the valve control?

Last edited by Shogunade; 02-18-2023 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-18-2023, 12:29 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Does this mean this unvalved exhaust will retain factory valve response after its reinstalled? I'm confused. And how much extra work is it to reinstall the valve control?
yes, the non-valved exhaust just provides a bypass for your factory valve controller to hook into to make the car happy and not throw any errors. No, you won’t have any physical valves opening and closing anymore. It will be be very loud with cats.

When switching back to oem exhaust you just plug the valve controller back into that, no extra amount of work.

Last edited by reddsektor; 02-18-2023 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2023, 02:46 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,056 Posts

yes, the non-valved exhaust just provides a bypass for your factory valve controller to hook into to make the car happy and not throw any errors. No, you won’t have any physical valves opening and closing anymore. It will be be very loud with cats. When switching back to oem exhaust you just plug the valve controller back into that, no extra amount of work.
Got it. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the JCR titanium Exhaust?