Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP deciding on rear spoiler!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 09:59 AM
pjfranks1509
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NEED HELP deciding on rear spoiler!!!

To all, I need help deciding on the following rear spoiler for my 992 Carrera S. I am not a big fan of the stock spoiler and want the car to stand out just a little more. I am not into carbon fiber, so the spoiler will be painted the body color which is Guards Red. Thanks in advance.

Moshammer Ducktail EVO Pro

Porsche OEM AeroKit spoiler
Old 01-17-2023, 10:34 AM
ltdodge
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 80 Posts

OEM Aerokit
The following users liked this post:
pjfranks1509 (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 11:36 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

OEM aerokit. It’s pricey but worth the effort if you don’t mind spending $6K+ installed.
Old 01-17-2023, 11:59 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
OEM aerokit. It’s pricey but worth the effort if you don’t mind spending $6K+ installed.
Yes. Get me one too. Gentian Blue. Thanks.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3rdpedal:
AlterZgo (01-17-2023), pjfranks1509 (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 12:16 PM
kim9701
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 104 Posts

If you really want a spoiler, I think the Aerokit looks way better.
Old 01-17-2023, 01:05 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 745 Likes on 333 Posts

aerokit gang
Old 01-17-2023, 03:18 PM
Humbucker427
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

Between these two, I also like the aerokit more, but my preference would be a factory ducktail like they offered on some of the 991 models.

I'm still on the fence about the aerokit for my upcoming T. Part of me thinks it's a bit obnoxious, but another part of me (the one that loves the old whale tails) wants to say to hell with the "T ethos" and option the big spoiler. Decisions, decisions...
Old 01-17-2023, 03:58 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Humbucker427
Between these two, I also like the aerokit more, but my preference would be a factory ducktail like they offered on some of the 991 models.

I'm still on the fence about the aerokit for my upcoming T. Part of me thinks it's a bit obnoxious, but another part of me (the one that loves the old whale tails) wants to say to hell with the "T ethos" and option the big spoiler. Decisions, decisions...
I opted not to get the aerokit. It was never really on my radar. However, after seeing pics of cars here with it, I sort of wish I had. While I love the lines of the car with the factory lip down and also like the look of the lip up from the side profile, I have pulled up behind other 992s on the highway with the lip up, and it really doesn't look that great. If you are driving over 65 (almost all highway driving) that is the look people will see from behind (as you pull away) and I'm not as much a fan of it as I thought I was. If I was to go through the allocation process again I'm fairly certain I would get the factory aerokit if it was available. The only thing I don't love about it is that it forces the full sports design and I don't love the SD rear bumper. I would consider the Suncoast aerokit upgrade, but since the price went up, I think it's $6000-8000 ordered, painted, and installed.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:08 PM
ltdodge
Racer

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I opted not to get the aerokit. It was never really on my radar. However, after seeing pics of cars here with it, I sort of wish I had. While I love the lines of the car with the factory lip down and also like the look of the lip up from the side profile, I have pulled up behind other 992s on the highway with the lip up, and it really doesn't look that great. If you are driving over 65 (almost all highway driving) that is the look people will see from behind (as you pull away) and I'm not as much a fan of it as I thought I was. If I was to go through the allocation process again I'm fairly certain I would get the factory aerokit if it was available. The only thing I don't love about it is that it forces the full sports design and I don't love the SD rear bumper. I would consider the Suncoast aerokit upgrade, but since the price went up, I think it's $6000-8000 ordered, painted, and installed.
you don't need the front sport design bumper, several here have installed it on the regular bumper with the added extended lip. i got my aerokit rear tail though suncoast and they did not ask for any vin number. i picked it up a couple of weeks ago. i rendered how it would look.

Last edited by ltdodge; 01-17-2023 at 04:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ltdodge:
AlterZgo (01-17-2023), cwbrown (03-10-2024)
Old 01-17-2023, 06:40 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltdodge
you don't need the front sport design bumper, several here have installed it on the regular bumper with the added extended lip. i got my aerokit rear tail though suncoast and they did not ask for any vin number. i picked it up a couple of weeks ago. i rendered how it would look.
Yup. I believe I knew that. For me though if I had jumped on it at the initial price I would have, but now that it has gone up, I just can't justify the new suncoast price for the wing.
AlterZgo (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 06:48 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Aerokit wing.

If you hate it, there’s plenty folks that want it.
Old 01-17-2023, 07:12 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Yup. I believe I knew that. For me though if I had jumped on it at the initial price I would have, but now that it has gone up, I just can't justify the new suncoast price for the wing.
I'm in the same boat. Sad thing for me is I wasn't even undecided. I knew it was a great deal but I was just lazy and didn't get around to ordering it. Now it's like more than $2K+ tax extra. CRAZY!
Old 01-17-2023, 07:29 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 663 Posts

Not trying to be a smart **** here, but I’m honestly curious why people make posts like this.

First of all, I’ve noticed that a very high percentage of post asking, “Rate my build?” or “Help me decide…” are either first time or single-digit posters. And many never post again after getting the thing they were seeking advice for.

Next, I don’t understand the motivation or goal. I mean, don’t most people research what they want and then buy it? I can see asking for images, experience, or knowledge, and asking others to help in gathering information. But to simply ask us to vote on which dress makes the butt look the smallest, is just strange to me. To be honest, I question if many of these aren’t just posted to see what reaction they will get.

He made the decision on which car to buy entirely without Rennlist advice (based on posts), but he needs to consult Rennlist for the tail? Again, just another observation - no offense implied.

Maybe it’s an age thing. I’m not on FB or Twitter, or anything so I’m ignorant of the whole everything-is-on-public display thing. Maybe it’s just standard practice for people to share everything (but why not the whole choosing of the car thing?)

I’m honestly perplexed, and I’m not criticizing…maybe these are genuine posts by Porsche enthusiasts, and this cranky old guy is out of touch…maybe it’s irrelevant and car guys just love any opportunity to talk cars. Inquiring minds want to know.
The following 3 users liked this post by Denny Swift:
cwbrown (03-10-2024), MattBauer (01-18-2023), Schwarz992C4S (01-18-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 07:42 PM
ltdodge
Racer

you will be surpised how many poeple cant make a decision in life and need feedback.

I think these posts are much better than other posts complaining about ADM pricing or how much will it depreciate or when will pricing go down.
Old 01-17-2023, 08:06 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
Not trying to be a smart **** here, but I’m honestly curious why people make posts like this.

First of all, I’ve noticed that a very high percentage of post asking, “Rate my build?” or “Help me decide…” are either first time or single-digit posters. And many never post again after getting the thing they were seeking advice for.

Next, I don’t understand the motivation or goal. I mean, don’t most people research what they want and then buy it? I can see asking for images, experience, or knowledge, and asking others to help in gathering information. But to simply ask us to vote on which dress makes the butt look the smallest, is just strange to me. To be honest, I question if many of these aren’t just posted to see what reaction they will get.

He made the decision on which car to buy entirely without Rennlist advice (based on posts), but he needs to consult Rennlist for the tail? Again, just another observation - no offense implied.

Maybe it’s an age thing. I’m not on FB or Twitter, or anything so I’m ignorant of the whole everything-is-on-public display thing. Maybe it’s just standard practice for people to share everything (but why not the whole choosing of the car thing?)

I’m honestly perplexed, and I’m not criticizing…maybe these are genuine posts by Porsche enthusiasts, and this cranky old guy is out of touch…maybe it’s irrelevant and car guys just love any opportunity to talk cars. Inquiring minds want to know.
There's many reasons why people ask these questions. It could just be people being lazy and not searching as there are multiple "what tail should I get" threads. Or it could be because of a situation like mine and many others who were not able to order the aerokit w/ rear wing so we are asking about what options are available.

But ultimately, this is an enthusiasts forum. People talk about 992s and some topics get rehashed and regurgitated endlessly... and that's fine. This would be a very boring and inactive forum if people didn't bring stuff back up once in a while. Heck, auto/PDK/DCT vs. manual threads should be banned from every car forum b/c it's been rehashed millions of times since internet forums have been around... but we all still throw in our 2 cents each time one of those threads come up.

As for people asking for opinions on their build, it is helpful to get other people's perspectives, use cases, logic for why they chose certain options, etc. It's fun to talk about these things. That's why we're here. Many of us have done our research and due diligence but we still want some opinions. These are very expensive cars and I understand people wanting to make the best decisions when spending this kind of money.
The following 5 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
aways (03-11-2024), BaxterPup (01-17-2023), Humbucker427 (01-17-2023), johny221 (01-18-2023), Wilder (03-10-2024)

Quick Reply: NEED HELP deciding on rear spoiler!!!