Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Heritage Design Leather Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 03:21 PM
akaringo
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

My Targa with heritage cognac interior will be delivered in a couple of months and I'm curious how the pepita fabric has held up for those who have had it for a while? I'll avoid wearing jeans but I can't control what my passengers may wear. I've heard that the fabric is very durable (thx slc4s for your experience) but wanted to hear from others as well.
Old 02-04-2024, 04:12 PM
F250to911
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by akaringo
My Targa with heritage cognac interior will be delivered in a couple of months and I'm curious how the pepita fabric has held up for those who have had it for a while? I'll avoid wearing jeans but I can't control what my passengers may wear. I've heard that the fabric is very durable (thx slc4s for your experience) but wanted to hear from others as well.
Several companies make ceramic fabric coatings that seal the color and repels liquid. Just treat the fabric once a year and you won't ever have to worry about stains or discoloration from clothing.
The following users liked this post:
akaringo (02-05-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 10:33 PM
DrB477
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by akaringo
so far so good with the fabric no issues at all there. the leather is more prone to scuffs than the normal porsche leather, seat bolsters the main area for me but no regerts
The following 2 users liked this post by DrB477:
akaringo (02-24-2024), wdr911 (02-25-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 09:53 PM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Received 1,398 Likes on 781 Posts

Out of curiosity, how many owners with the Heritage Package spec’d the leather steering column or leather sun visors?
Old 05-14-2024, 09:57 PM
akaringo
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
Out of curiosity, how many owners with the Heritage Package spec’d the leather steering column or leather sun visors?
I did the leather sun visor because I touch them and they’re visible as I drive the Targa. I didn’t do the leather steering column because that place is not really visible/noticeable and I don’t touch that spot.
TUD (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 10:02 PM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

I have the leather column. The leather visors were on stop sale last summer.

Last edited by Billy Bluejay; 05-14-2024 at 10:07 PM.
TUD (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 10:10 PM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Billy Bluejay
Looking back if you were re-ordering today would you do it again?
Old 05-14-2024, 11:02 PM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
Looking back if you were re-ordering today would you do it again?
I probably would. It was around .2% of the msrp. I honestly don’t even know how often I notice it, but when I do it really goes well with the whole heritage theme.

I’m envious of those who speced the leather heritage door sills, but I can tell you after just 2000 miles mine would be scratched to sh*t, and I’m glad I didn’t order.

I wouldn’t get ambient lighting again. I have never used it. I actually don’t know how. (I really hate the Porsche infotainment system. I avoid “going into” the system like talking to an ex).

I would be 50/50 on getting the ionizer again. Mostly because like above, I avoid the PCM so I couldn’t even tell you if it’s on. I have an ionizer built into a few things at home and they are amazing. That’s why I took a chance.

As many said, I probably wouldn’t need the front axle lift. I ordered it anyway bc this was the most expensive car I’ve ever bought at over 260k msrp. Even with Sport PASM, I don’t think I’ve been in a situation where it was mandatory to use. In contrast I scrape my 2019 GT350 everywhere!

And as said above I did get SPASM. I love it. Was nervous that it would be too rough. It turns out to be more compliant than my 2019 Shelby.

good luck choosing your options!
TUD (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 11:30 PM
TUD
Rennlist Member

I probably would. It was around .2% of the msrp. I honestly don’t even know how often I notice it, but when I do it really goes well with the whole heritage theme.

I’m envious of those who speced the leather heritage door sills, but I can tell you after just 2000 miles mine would be scratched to sh*t, and I’m glad I didn’t order.

I wouldn’t get ambient lighting again. I have never used it. I actually don’t know how. (I really hate the Porsche infotainment system. I avoid “going into” the system like talking to an ex).

I would be 50/50 on getting the ionizer again. Mostly because like above, I avoid the PCM so I couldn’t even tell you if it’s on. I have an ionizer built into a few things at home and they are amazing. That’s why I took a chance.

As many said, I probably wouldn’t need the front axle lift. I ordered it anyway bc this was the most expensive car I’ve ever bought at over 260k msrp. Even with Sport PASM, I don’t think I’ve been in a situation where it was mandatory to use. In contrast I scrape my 2019 GT350 everywhere!

And as said above I did get SPASM. I love it. Was nervous that it would be too rough. It turns out to be more compliant than my 2019 Shelby.

good luck choosing your options!

@Billy Bluejay Thank you for your insight.

I have little difficulty navigating PCM, but my years of dealing with BMW’s iDrive OS maybe why.

I skipped the ambient lighting on my most recent order, but I was thinking about adding it to this one. I have considered the ionizer twice now. I cannot never seem to get any answers if it really does anything.

I went through the 992 ordering madness last August through late October and here I am doing it all over again. I am hoping to get it right this time around.

Last edited by TUD; 05-14-2024 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:28 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 736 Posts

I also did the leather steering column with the heritage/Cognac. It looks good, but honestly you don't see it.

I did not do the leather visors, as I have had a number of targas in the past, and the first things to start to crack is the visors - sun, UV, etc. This is of course after many years, so they will last a good long time. But also easy and cheaper to replace if ever needed with the vinyl (or whatever the standard is). Of course I only keep my cars usually about 2-3 years, so probably would have been worth it to do it. But I also hate the factory yellow stickers, so aftermarket is also the way to go on that. (I did put the blackout stickers on mine, and it is a perfect blend with the vinyl / leather that is standard...
TUD (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 09:36 AM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
I also did the leather steering column with the heritage/Cognac. It looks good, but honestly you don't see it.

I did not do the leather visors, as I have had a number of targas in the past, and the first things to start to crack is the visors - sun, UV, etc. This is of course after many years, so they will last a good long time. But also easy and cheaper to replace if ever needed with the vinyl (or whatever the standard is). Of course I only keep my cars usually about 2-3 years, so probably would have been worth it to do it. But I also hate the factory yellow stickers, so aftermarket is also the way to go on that. (I did put the blackout stickers on mine, and it is a perfect blend with the vinyl / leather that is standard...
I like the idea of the leather steering column, but I agree, unless one is specifically looking for it you would probably never know it is there, especially given that it is not a touch item.

One complaint I had on my recently pre-traded 2024 T was that the standard vinyl visors felt exceptionally cheap in a vehicle over $140k. With it being a frequently touched item it should be leather.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:12 AM
Burke_716_911
5th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

My C2S build was supposedly "Completed" yesterday.....can't wait for it to arrive.

Last edited by Burke_716_911; 05-15-2024 at 10:19 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Burke_716_911:
Billy Bluejay (05-15-2024), JMW4 (05-16-2024), TUD (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 10:17 AM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
One complaint I had on my recently pre-traded 2024 T was that the standard vinyl visors felt exceptionally cheap in a vehicle over $140k. With it being a frequently touched item it should be leather.
The buyer is shopping for a Carrera T and needs leather visors? Funny world.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:31 AM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dream in PTS
The buyer is shopping for a Carrera T and needs leather visors? Funny world.
You are aware that most individuals that spec a T, spec it well above what most spec an S? I did not follow suit as that defeats the ultimate purpose of a T. Regardless plastic visors should not be in a vehicle of this caliber. Make the visors of the material from the standard headliner. What BMW does. It blends in better and feels better to the touch as well.

Last edited by TUD; 05-15-2024 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:02 AM
x-ray
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 17 Posts

I am super happy I decided to spec the heritage interior. I skipped the leather visor (seems like a waste of $$). I did put the black vinyl stickers over the airbag warnings like several people have done and am very happy with the appearance. I did not order the leather steering column more out of ignorance rather than choice and don’t regret not getting it. I have protected the fabric and leather the best I can (I am using a Geist product to help protect against friction and UV on the leather). Now I just drive it and giggle like a school girl when I get in. If there is wear, then I will have stories to tell about driving.

X

The following 2 users liked this post by x-ray:
Ksdaoski (05-15-2024), TUD (05-15-2024)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Heritage Design Leather Interior?