Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Heritage Design Leather Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 05:00 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 625 Posts

Reviving this thread. I have some time before our Targa build freezes. Set on Gentian Blue and going back and forth between Cognac Heritage and Exclusive Black/Cohiba.
My wife is concerned I'll end up complaining about the loss of vent seats with the Pepita fabric centers.

I am concerned as well as to how:

1.Comfort of fabric vs. vent seats in warm/hot weather (I haven't had a car without vent seats in 10+ years and tend to like them) and
2. How is the fabric is wearing?

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2023, 05:02 PM
rgoldm2
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Reviving this thread. I have some time before our Targa build freezes. Set on Gentian Blue and going back and forth between Cognac Heritage and Exclusive Black/Cohiba.
My wife is concerned I'll end up complaining about the loss of vent seats with the Pepita fabric centers.

1.Comfort of fabric vs. vent seats in warm/hot weather (I haven't had a car without vent seats in 10+ years and tend to like them) and

Thanks.

had mine for about 14 months now with no issues. Around 7k miles driven. Based in louisiana so it’s hot. Haven’t missed the seats honestly, but I did have the same concerns before ordering
Old 12-21-2023, 05:13 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rgoldm2
had mine for about 14 months now with no issues. Around 7k miles driven. Based in louisiana so it’s hot. Haven’t missed the seats honestly, but I did have the same concerns before ordering
That's really good to hear; thanks. The only other thing I would miss getting is the sub-second clock, but the unique dials will more than make up for that I think.
The following users liked this post:
vintage38 (12-21-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 06:01 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,227 Likes on 617 Posts

thought I'd missed cooled seats. Don't miss them at all. I just think with the fabric its not necessary. wear and tear no issue so far but i'm not that far in.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:22 PM
MXNSITH
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks.
Fabric seats don’t get as hot as leather IMO. They breathe more. Also, have you seen these in person? That alone should be the deciding factor. My biggest regret is not going with the color combination you are contemplating. I love my wife’s Gentian Blue Macan. That color after paint correction and PPF is stellar.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:35 PM
Emosgarage
Instructor

Received 298 Likes on 107 Posts

Reviving this thread.

Thanks.
I’ve got 8,500 miles on mine and still looks new to me. I was worried about blue jeans making the white in the fabric turn blue, but so far so good.

Old 12-21-2023, 07:26 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

All good to read.
Thanks!
Old 12-21-2023, 10:21 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,620 Likes on 913 Posts

I spent 30 minutes or so test driving a 992 with the heritage in the summer. I noticed immediately that my a$$ has become pampered by the optioned ventilated seats on my 992. The pepita is a thick cloth made to sustain the rigors of a human a,$$ wearing tough fabric sliding against it during ingress and egress. You're not getting any breathability from it. No matter what others say, this is an option best to test drive before you commit.
Old 12-22-2023, 04:45 AM
vintage38
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 212 Posts

I have a Gentian Blue Cab on order with Heritage interior, I also contemplated Exclusive Cohiba. After seeing both in person the Heritage interior was the clear winner for me. From all the Heritage owners reviews I've read they were all positive and no one had any regrets on their selection. Personal opinion, but I'm not a fan of the ventilated seats on my current 992. I find them to firm and barely use them. I doubt I'll be missing them, but sounds like you might. Good luck in your decision.

Last edited by vintage38; 12-22-2023 at 04:52 AM.
Old 12-22-2023, 06:51 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vintage38
I have a Gentian Blue Cab on order with Heritage interior, I also contemplated Exclusive Cohiba. After seeing both in person the Heritage interior was the clear winner for me. From all the Heritage owners reviews I've read they were all positive and no one had any regrets on their selection. Personal opinion, but I'm not a fan of the ventilated seats on my current 992. I find them to firm and barely use them. I doubt I'll be missing them, but sounds like you might. Good luck in your decision.
I submitted the build with Heritage yesterday and we're going in today to look at some samples. There's a post above about it not being offered now (12/5 post above), so we'll see if it's accepted in a few hours. It was end of day and my SA was off, so I doubt anyone tried to submit it yet. Our "placeholder" build is slate gray/chalk. I had them put that in to replace whatever dealer order was in place. The build freezes on 1/31, pushed back from 1/11.
The following users liked this post:
slc4s (12-23-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 08:28 AM
vintage38
Racer

I submitted the build with Heritage yesterday and we're going in today to look at some samples. There's a post above about it not being offered now (12/5 post above), so we'll see if it's accepted in a few hours..
When I ordered my current 992 the Heritage interior was on stop sale. Sometimes it goes on and off stop sale. If you can't get it now and want it have your SA keep trying until your freeze date. My order was approved with it in August. I was told by GM if order was changed I might lose the Heritage interior. My suggestion is go through your build like it is finalized, especially if you're able to get it. My first pic was Heritage second Exclusive Coqnac and third Exclusive Cohiba. Good luck.

Last edited by vintage38; 12-22-2023 at 08:37 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by vintage38:
M. Schneider (12-24-2023), Zetta (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 09:26 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

When I ordered my current 992 the Heritage interior was on stop sale. Sometimes it goes on and off stop sale. If you can't get it now and want it have your SA keep trying until your freeze date. My order was approved with it in August. I was told by GM if order was changed I might lose the Heritage interior. My suggestion is go through your build like it is finalized, especially if you're able to get it. My first pic was Heritage second Exclusive Coqnac and third Exclusive Cohiba. Good luck.
Thanks for the pics. We should find out in an hour or so. The rest of the build is pretty set, but good advice on not making changes after approval.
Old 12-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Just got home. V200 with the Heritage package, so it must be available. At least I have it booked with Porsche on a build sheet with a commission number.
All I'm giving up that I would generally prefer are vent seats and the sub-second clock (but the green numbers are more than a fair trade for the clock IMO).
Old 12-22-2023, 04:21 PM
vintage38
Racer

Just got home. V200 with the Heritage package, so it must be available. At least I have it booked with Porsche on a build sheet with a commission number.
All I'm giving up that I would generally prefer are vent seats and the sub-second clock (but the green numbers are more than a fair trade for the clock IMO).
Congratulations. You should be all set with a commission number, as long as you don't change anything before your freeze date. Make sure your dealer sets you up with the online tracking system, it's fun to watch the progression of your build. Gentian blue with the Coqnac is a winner.
Old 12-22-2023, 04:44 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Congratulations. You should be all set with a commission number, as long as you don't change anything before your freeze date. Make sure your dealer sets you up with the online tracking system, it's fun to watch the progression of your build. Gentian blue with the Coqnac is a winner.
Thanks. Don't plan any changes. If they kick it back I have Exclusive Black/Cohiba as a back up build ready to go but the manager I spoke with said V200 means the build is accepted as is.
His computer says at dealer mid April - we'll see about that but that would be about perfect for us.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Heritage Design Leather Interior?