Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry to ask...but with Corvettes...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2022, 12:38 PM
Wayshegoes
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Sold my low mile bright yellow 2017 manual zo7 last week. Getting a 991.2 turbo s now. The vette was a little much for the city driving and casual trips I would do. Had to be in the right mood to drive it. I imagine the c8 is a more comfortable drive with the pdk but it does ask for attention in the same way the c7 does, and not in a good way in my opinion.
Have an allocation for the new zo6 at msrp that will take a year or two to hit.
I prefer porsches understated look and the new 992s look nicely aggresive from the rear. Especially in black!
Old 09-17-2022, 12:40 PM
Wayshegoes
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LaytonNYC
Corvettes are amazing cars but I couldn’t ever compare it to Porsche. The build quality and life expectancy is really not even close to the 911.

Ofcourse if price isn’t a variable then this is my personal conclusion..

Vettes have a lot of cheap plastic in the interior and you can actually wobble and shake. Feels cheap for such a nice machine. Another thing is the panels not lining up and having weird gaps. I’ve seen way to many vette’s with this build issue. Also the paint. It’s not even close to as premium as Porsche.

performance speaks for itself..

in the end Porsche is such a refined built vehicle that it sadly out performs most American sports cars. It’s a marvel.. that being said… I find it hard to believe you won’t get an allocation within a year or so.

and don’t even get me started on the customer service u get from porsche 💅 vs American brands…. 😡
my old vette did have panels too close together that cause paint to rub off in a couple spots. Was fixed under warranty and they even redid the ppf they had to take off. A year later a couple spots were rubbing again..

Quick Reply: Sorry to ask...but with Corvettes...