Sponsored by:

Trickle Charge Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 06:34 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Look whatever YOU believe is right for you... do that. What I think,l you think, they think, your brother thinks is... and/or just contact CTEK and have them clarify it for you. Some do it this way other prefer the other, your call to do what's right for you as this just ends up into a never ending thread.

siberian
Old 09-09-2022, 07:51 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,414 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by BondJ
Not every vehicle has a permanently live 12v outlet
I thought all 992s have a 9v outlet in the front passenger seat-can't that be used?
Old 09-09-2022, 08:36 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,502 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
I thought all 992s have a 9v outlet in the front passenger seat-can't that be used?
Many of us are gear heads and, in addition to our Porsches, own several other types of vehicles that lack cigarette lighters….such as my Harley, my boat, my jet ski, my dirt bikes, my ATV, etc. Many of us own one battery maintainer (not a trickle charger) with quick connects on all the batteries on all their various vehicles/toys owned. Quick connects on a battery terminal allows the user to purchase one battery maintainer and use it on multiple vehicles owned. I happen to use the Deltran “Battery Tender” system with quick connects for that reason, but you could use any other system as well like the CTEK or NOCO systems, for example. Like Siberian, I really don’t care what anyone else thinks about MY system because it works for me. I also personally do not like charging my battery by energizing the vehicles wiring harness because I am now trusting the reliability of the switches, the CANBUS and ultimately the ECU which is all on that same circuit. Porsche did not design the cigarette lighter to charge the battery. But others on here have no problem doing that which is fine too. Not trying to start a debate or argument. Just answering your question. But this topic has been beaten to death on RL as Siberian suggests.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fullyield:
siberian (09-09-2022), Staffie Guy (09-10-2022)

Quick Reply: Trickle Charge Options