Sponsored by:

Factory Aerokit wing

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 03:39 PM
dbtran
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Factory Aerokit wing

Got a question for those folks that got their 992's with the factory Aerokit spoiler. Do you have the option to raise the spoiler to service the rear bumper with the button for the spoiler in the "car" option in the PCM?

I installed an aftermarket fixed spoiler and had a dealer code out the raising of the spoiler, but they all together coded out the option in the PCM under "car" profiles. The SA said I would have to come and code the spoiler in/out every time if I had to service the rear bumper, taillights, and all the other things under the spoiler. Sound right?

Old 08-01-2022, 05:38 PM
911Castle
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 142 Posts

Nope, no option to raise wing. Not needed, just did oil change and all items are accessable
Old 08-01-2022, 05:44 PM
dbtran
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911Castle
Nope, no option to raise wing. Not needed, just did oil change and all items are accessable
Thanks for the reply. I was talking about removing the taillights to remove the rear bumper. Need to get access to those bolts and the only way would be to raise the spoiler.
Old 08-02-2022, 12:18 AM
luckycanine
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

How often do you need to do this..
Old 08-02-2022, 01:05 AM
dbtran
Intermediate

Originally Posted by luckycanine
How often do you need to do this..
Guess I would only need it once to change out the exhaust cover, but I just think it sucks not having the feature for other possible upgrades. Don't want to have to go to the dealer every time to code the spoiler function back in. Possible upgrades like an exhaust, plenum, or maybe just minor engine work that doesn't need to be taken to the dealer to do.

Do you have the aerokit and don't have the spoiler button in your PCM?
Old 08-02-2022, 01:19 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

I’ve read a couple of anecdotes. One version is you have to code out the error codes when you remove the movable rear wing because you are removing the motor mechanism and disconnecting the third brake light in the wing so the car will throw an error code unless you code it out.

I’ve also read that you can just code the raising of the rear spoiler to a speed the car will never reach… like 200 mph. That way your aftermarket rear wing will never raise at speed, yet you still have the option of manually raising the wing to access stuff like the rear bumper bolts.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:26 AM
dbtran
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I’ve read a couple of anecdotes. One version is you have to code out the error codes when you remove the movable rear wing because you are removing the motor mechanism and disconnecting the third brake light in the wing so the car will throw an error code unless you code it out.

I’ve also read that you can just code the raising of the rear spoiler to a speed the car will never reach… like 200 mph. That way your aftermarket rear wing will never raise at speed, yet you still have the option of manually raising the wing to access stuff like the rear bumper bolts.
On your 2nd thought, I asked the SA if they could raise the speed to 250mph and he stated "no" after doing some research with his lead tech. Guess I need to find a coding expert with PIWIS 3.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:43 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by dbtran
On your 2nd thought, I asked the SA if they could raise the speed to 250mph and he stated "no" after doing some research with his lead tech. Guess I need to find a coding expert with PIWIS 3.
Check out this post. Not sure if this actually works or not:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1206...l#post18115099

Also see rnlst_log's post 346 where he provides more details on what to change in these tables.
The following users liked this post:
dbtran (08-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Factory Aerokit wing