Sponsored by:

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 01:09 PM
Matjaz
Advanced

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Decisions, decisions, decisions

The amount of time I have spent in Porsche configurator this week is crazy as I'm hoping to get my build allocation in this round. I'm currently next for my C2S convertible that I put my deposit down in Sept 2021.

My original color was GT Silver, but now I have changed to Agate Grey as I think it fits better with Chalk interior (with 930 design). Here is my build http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGGCTS9

Questions
- Anyone with Agate Grey and Chalk interior or GT silver with Chalk interior. How do you like it. Does it stains easily? Alternatively I was looking at Mojave beige....not sure about that one..
- Wheels. I think I'm goin with wheel painted in exterior color or maybe jet black (makes external grey black combination). But turbo wheels also look nice...
- Manual vs PDK...I had PDK in the past in my 718 S and it is amazing, but I always wanted to go back to the old days of rowing through the gears...never could get used to the pedals on the steering wheel... Anyone having regrets with manual?

Slight problem is that this build is pushing it to the GTS price point, but switching to GTS means going back to the line for GTS and waiting longer to get allocation..

Last edited by Matjaz; 05-15-2022 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:19 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Whatever you do put pdk on the car just for resale issues. It's hard to sell a manual when you're done with the car. You're having the same problem I'm having. First your build is a Cab so it's going to be tall. I don't see a lot of dead money in your build at all. The fact that is is an S your at the top and I fear the same thing you fear, it's to much $$. The seats could go 14 way, but that's only $1500 out. I love the 930 stitch but it's dead money. So I found $3000. $157ish. If you live where you can drive a Cab all year round do it other wise I'd pass. Good luck!!

Last edited by EZ E; 05-15-2022 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:27 PM
Johnauto
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Matjaz
The amount of time I have spent in Porsche configurator this week is crazy as I'm hoping to get my build allocation in this round. I'm currently next for my C2S convertible that I put my deposit down in Sept 2021.

My original color was GT Silver, but now I have changed to Agate Grey as I think it fits better with Chalk interior (with 930 design). Here is my build http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGGCTS9

Questions
- Anyone with Agate Grey and Chalk interior or GT silver with Chalk interior. How do you like it. Does it stains easily? Alternatively I was looking at Mojave beige....not sure about that one..
- Wheels. I think I'm goin with wheel painted in exterior color or maybe jet black (makes external grey black combination). But turbo wheels also look nice...
- Manual vs PDK...I had PDK in the past in my 718 S and it is amazing, but I always wanted to go back to the old days of rowing through the gears...never could get used to the pedals on the steering wheel... Anyone having regrets with manual?

Slight problem is that this build is pushing it to the GTS price point, but switching to GTS means going back to the line for GTS and waiting longer to get allocation..
Just get black metallic and be done with it.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:30 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Questions

As the 100’s of threads/posts, regarding people’s build(s), will attest, there will be no shortage of opinions in response to your dilemma.

Good luck. Oh, and sorry for your lengthy wait. Seems to be a common thing with Porsche.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 05-15-2022 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:42 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by EZ E
Whatever you do put pdk on the car just for resale issues. It's hard to sell a manual when you're done with the car. You're having the same problem I'm having. First your build is a Cab so it's going to be tall. I don't see a lot of dead money in your build at all. The fact that is is an S your at the top and I fear the same thing you fear, it's to much $$. The seats could go 14 way, but that's only $1500 out. I love the 930 stitch but it's dead money. So I found $3000. $157ish. If you live where you can drive a Cab all year round do it other wise I'd pass. Good luck!!
Add the PDK and he now has to pay more for the sport chrono which comes free with the manual. The trans of a car is a very major option and with that said I would not select pdk solely for resale-select it only if you want it.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:47 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 329 Likes on 227 Posts

The PDK if you want to be driven . Manual if you want to drive…
Old 05-15-2022, 01:50 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

I would choose pdk

I ordered my targa in manual..wish i didnt..the 992 manual is not good, gearing sucks

If it shifted like my 991.2 gt3 id go manual, but unfortunately porsche missed bad
Old 05-15-2022, 01:58 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 329 Likes on 227 Posts

That’s not a fair fight. The GT3 ‘box is ‘off-planet’…as is its price!
Old 05-15-2022, 02:47 PM
Matjaz
Advanced

You can have any color you want as long as it is black
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (05-15-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 06:24 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Don’t listen to anyone here; buy what you want. Not what we want, and not what the next owner may or may not want.

But in respect to your last question, I have a MY20 MT with 12k miles on it and no, I don’t regret choosing the manual one bit. Each to their own. Oh - several people have approached me asking if I want to sell the car.

Last edited by aggie57; 05-15-2022 at 06:31 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by aggie57:
AlterZgo (05-15-2022), russbert (05-16-2022), Scott P (05-15-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 06:32 PM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 209 Posts

Questions

Wow you are all over the place my friend!

I suggest you start with one thing you really like, for instance the exterior color or the chalk interior. Then design the rest of the car around it. You need to start somewhere, something you truly like.

At your current pace, you will just be fielding ideas from the forum and building someone else's car. Maybe you are better off buying one off the lot? Which in these days would be pre owned. Maybe do some looking.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:59 PM
Matjaz
Advanced

Originally Posted by aggie57
Don’t listen to anyone here; buy what you want. Not what we want, and not what the next owner may or may not want.

But in respect to your last question, I have a MY20 MT with 12k miles on it and no, I don’t regret choosing the manual one bit. Each to their own. Oh - several people have approached me asking if I want to sell the car.
I'm 99.99% sure I want manual...I have other cars with automatic for a daily commute. The rest is more datapoints. Ultimately it is my decision. Given the inventory it is so hard to walk into dealerships and see some on the floor and online configurator does not give you 100% view on how it actually looks.

I saw some people complaining about the manual, but your datapoint swayed me into getting one....
Old 05-15-2022, 08:03 PM
M2to992C2S
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

I got manual in my 992 C2S. I absolutely love the manual and have no regrets. In fact, I KNOW I would have regretted PDK. Just get what you want. Both are great and everyone has a different opinion.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:13 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

That'd be the day someone talked me out of a 7 speed manual for a PDK car instead just in case for owner #2. Someone will always want a manual, always.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott P:
STIGETTE (05-17-2022), txpackers (05-16-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 08:16 PM
clooloss
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 57 Posts

Another manual C2S owner here. Another owner who would 100% do it again.

Quick Reply: Decisions, decisions, decisions