Sponsored by:

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 08:22 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by Matjaz
I'm 99.99% sure I want manual...I have other cars with automatic for a daily commute. The rest is more datapoints. Ultimately it is my decision. Given the inventory it is so hard to walk into dealerships and see some on the floor and online configurator does not give you 100% view on how it actually looks.

I saw some people complaining about the manual, but your datapoint swayed me into getting one....
Good to hear. Like you I hadn't seen a MT 992 before I ordered it, let alone driven one. In fact I'd been pretty unimpressed with the early 991 7-speed manuals I'd driven so it was a bit of a gamble ordering it the month they were announced. But I'm glad I did, in fact now I really can't imagine driving this car with a PDK, the manual experience on a nice sweeping country road is just so so nice. And the torque of this turbo engine makes it easy to row the gears as you want without feeling you're in any way compromised by having 7 rather than 8 gears.

I do seriously admire the PDK for what it is engineering wise, and if the car was primarily for track work then that'd be my choice. But that's not what I bought this car for, indeed if that was the case I'd have a 991 GT3 instead.

Last edited by aggie57; 05-15-2022 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:24 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 299 Posts

I'd do the Carrera S wheels in the standard color or opt for the turbo wheels. The darker wheels make it look dingy. Plus the brighter wheels play nicer with the light interior. Agate grey is a great color.

Go to the 4 way sport plus seats if you have kids ride in the back. Waiting on that electric slide seat is an eternity. You have surround view so it's not like you need the dipping mirrors. Only value of the 18s is memory on the seats if you share the car.

Overall it's a solid build. Get what you want.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:35 AM
ZGstar
Advanced

Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

Chalk interior is underrated, and definitely not as stain-dangerous as some say it is. (I chose the Chalk interior with Slate dash+carpet and have no regrets!)
Old 05-16-2022, 11:59 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by EZ E
Whatever you do put pdk on the car just for resale issues. It's hard to sell a manual when you're done with the car. You're having the same problem I'm having. First your build is a Cab so it's going to be tall. I don't see a lot of dead money in your build at all. The fact that is is an S your at the top and I fear the same thing you fear, it's to much $$. The seats could go 14 way, but that's only $1500 out. I love the 930 stitch but it's dead money. So I found $3000. $157ish. If you live where you can drive a Cab all year round do it other wise I'd pass. Good luck!!
Um no. Not true. You cannot get a C2 or C4 in manual, you must get a C2S or C4S to even get a manual. Many S orders are manuals for that very reason. Manuals are harder to come by but more soughtafter in the resale market, and typically the resale value of a manual is higher than a comparable PDK because of the rarity. Many second hand buyers want a manual but there is less supply. I could sell my manual today, not only for more than I paid for it because of the market, but even more so because of the manual.

I would choose what you want, but don't fear at all on resale if you go with the manual. And it is a fantastic transmission, second only probably to the 992 GT3 6 speed manual.
The following 3 users liked this post by 3rdpedal:
aggie57 (05-16-2022), BondJ (05-16-2022), txpackers (05-17-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 01:24 PM
anupe
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 35 Posts

If this helps, here are a few pics of my C2S in agate grey with mojave beige interior. I had the interior ceramic coated to help protect the leather, extend the life and allow for easy cleaning/maintenance.

Yes, you will get and see dye transfer from your pants or other garments. This happens with all leather, however you just don’t see it with the darker leather. It’s easy to clean off especially if you protect it. I just spray a mix of soap and water and a gentle wipe down to maintain things.

Choose what you like and don’t worry about anything else as it is your car!

Oh and I get compliments all the time about the color combination, mainly the interior!

Old 05-16-2022, 01:37 PM
Matjaz
Advanced

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by anupe
If this helps, here are a few pics of my C2S in agate grey with mojave beige interior. I had the interior ceramic coated to help protect the leather, extend the life and allow for easy cleaning/maintenance.

Yes, you will get and see dye transfer from your pants or other garments. This happens with all leather, however you just don’t see it with the darker leather. It’s easy to clean off especially if you protect it. I just spray a mix of soap and water and a gentle wipe down to maintain things.

Oh and I get compliments all the time about the color combination, mainly the interior!

Looks absolutely gorgeous...See my dilemma now :-)
Old 05-16-2022, 01:39 PM
Matjaz
Advanced

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
I'd do the Carrera S wheels in the standard color or opt for the turbo wheels. The darker wheels make it look dingy. Plus the brighter wheels play nicer with the light interior. Agate grey is a great color.

Go to the 4 way sport plus seats if you have kids ride in the back. Waiting on that electric slide seat is an eternity. You have surround view so it's not like you need the dipping mirrors. Only value of the 18s is memory on the seats if you share the car.

Overall it's a solid build. Get what you want.
Thanks...Good point about the wheels and seats...As for kids...they are almost out of the house and don't see them driving or driving in this car. At this stage in their lives I think VW Jetta is more appropriate. My SO on the other hand might hence memory seats...
Old 05-16-2022, 04:37 PM
Muelas
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 2022 MT Targa 4s and love the manual. The PDK would likely make the car quicker, but the MT is just fun for me. I live in So Cal and even driving in traffic doesn't bother me. I am smiling ear to ear every time in get, step on the clutch and turn it on. I have gotten so use to a MT again that when I get in my Yukon or my wife's Honda Odyssey my left foot searches for the clutch.
The following 3 users liked this post by Muelas:
AlterZgo (05-18-2022), Matjaz (05-16-2022), txpackers (05-17-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 05:04 PM
dogfish
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Your "S" build is very similar to my incoming GTS, except interior color (I chose black/burgundy after seeing one at my dealer's shop), and I chose RWS but no LKA. I have the same wheels/color and suggest black calipers, since the red ones don't tie in to any other element of your car. Oh, and keep the manual. Enjoy.
Old 05-18-2022, 01:59 PM
Uncle_2002
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by anupe

Looks amazing. The agate on beige is a great combo - very classy. I went with agate on black/Bordeaux which is a little more sporty but still classic. Can’t go wrong with either!

Quick Reply: Decisions, decisions, decisions