I went with
Exterior Color
Chalk
Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black with Chalk Stitching
Rear Axle Steering
Deletion of Model Designation
Power Steering Plus
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
GT Sport Steering Wheel
Front Axle Lift System
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
930 Leather Package
Ventilated Seats (Front)
Deletion of "GTS" Logo on Side Skirt Inlays
Premium Package
Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
wow that's tempting! and u wanna get rid of it?! man how can i get it! lol
I've been looking for the targa 4s but this build sounds amazing.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:42 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor

What people want and what the market pays, two different things.
Old 04-15-2022, 08:46 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Ask for your deposit back. This isn't a difficult spec for the dealer to sell.
It's hard to imagine that you'd come out ahead after paying taxes on it.
It's neither easy nor fun to sell a six figure car yourself -- especially while you're busy relocating.
If you place it under consignment or use some type of dealer/broker, you're not going to make any money here. In all likelihood, you will lose money.
It's better to keep the cash with your upcoming move.
Old 04-15-2022, 08:48 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie57
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor

What people want and what the market pays, two different things.
Exactly. This 100%
Old 04-15-2022, 11:49 AM
YL992GTS
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Exactly. This 100%
this has been my question the whole time. If I thought the risk was 10-15k I probably buy the car still and if I need the cash I sell it. If the risk is more than that, I probably don’t do it.

The car was specced for me. I have cash in hand ready to go, planned to buy and drive for 10+ years. Amazing how quickly life changes.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (04-15-2022)
Old 04-15-2022, 06:59 PM
Laszlo_Laz
Pro

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Is the $5000 not refundable?? I am sure they could sell the car for more than $8,000 over so maybe they will give you your $5000 back
By law in California it’s refundable.

OP, your in Cali right?
Old 04-15-2022, 07:01 PM
YL992GTS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Laszlo_Laz
By law in California it’s refundable.

OP, your in Cali right?
yes I’m in California. I was unaware of that law until others mentioned it.
Laszlo_Laz (04-16-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 01:20 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 278 Posts

I lived in OC and have travelled NC. Get your deposit back and be prepared for culture shock. Private schools for sure. Knowing what I know now, I would skip that promotion or find a new job. Don’t get caught up in that rat race of bigger house, more toys etc. Focusing on career and family leaves little time for much else. Beware the seductions. Anyway, to each his own.
The following 3 users liked this post by SBAD:
AlterZgo (04-18-2022), EXFIB (08-13-2022), shrimp money (04-16-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 01:52 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
I lived in OC and have travelled NC. Get your deposit back and be prepared for culture shock. Private schools for sure. Knowing what I know now, I would skip that promotion or find a new job. Don’t get caught up in that rat race of bigger house, more toys etc. Focusing on career and family leaves little time for much else. Beware the seductions. Anyway, to each his own.
^ 100% in agreement with everything you said. We lasted almost 3 years in the Charlotte, NC area. We lived on the water, had a CC membership and had a big house. Life for my wife and I was very comfortable, but my wife and i never felt like we fit into the Bible thumper culture (I’ll let it go with that). You know, there is some truth to the old saying - you get what you pay for.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:02 PM
YL992GTS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
^ 100% in agreement with everything you said. We lasted almost 3 years in the Charlotte, NC area. We lived on the water, had a CC membership and had a big house. Life for my wife and I was very comfortable, but my wife and i never felt like we fit into the Bible thumper culture (I’ll let it go with that). You know, there is some truth to the old saying - you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the life advice. We’re excited about the move for our family and my career. We’re not chasing a bigger house, even though we’ll end up in one. We recognize it will be a big culture shock, but we’re up for the that.

This post was about how much money am I risking, even though I have it, I don’t like to “waste” it.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:46 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

Another angle. Don’t sell your house in Cali
Rent it out first and then rent in NC and see how you like it. Differential in rent will probably make money in the meantime. Take delivery of the car in NC or have it delivered and registered in NC. Drive it around in the Bible Belt (probably better roads than Cali anyway) and see whether all is good. You’ll know in six months. Then decide whether to sell your house in Cali and make everything permanent
Also with interest rates going up home price appreciation has headwinds but Cali will be more resistant
Old 04-16-2022, 03:03 PM
YL992GTS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Another angle. Don’t sell your house in Cali
Rent it out first and then rent in NC and see how you like it. Differential in rent will probably make money in the meantime. Take delivery of the car in NC or have it delivered and registered in NC. Drive it around in the Bible Belt (probably better roads than Cali anyway) and see whether all is good. You’ll know in six months. Then decide whether to sell your house in Cali and make everything permanent
Also with interest rates going up home price appreciation has headwinds but Cali will be more resistant
We thought about this, as well, but ultimately decided to commit to the move.

All in all I’ll probably have 20k at risk if I buy and have to flip. My home in Cali goes on the market soon, the price we get will provide another data point.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:12 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

With how tight 911 supplies are, particuarly for a GTS, I can't imagine your dealer would keep the $5K deposit. Can't they just easily find another buyer who may actually pay more than the $8K ADM?
Old 04-16-2022, 03:15 PM
YL992GTS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
With how tight 911 supplies are, particuarly for a GTS, I can't imagine your dealer would keep the $5K deposit. Can't they just easily find another buyer who may actually pay more than the $8K ADM?
This forum pointed out that even though the dealer said non-refundable in California, legally can’t do that.

It appears they were trying to double dip.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:02 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by YL992GTS
Thanks for the life advice. We’re excited about the move for our family and my career. We’re not chasing a bigger house, even though we’ll end up in one. We recognize it will be a big culture shock, but we’re up for the that.

This post was about how much money am I risking, even though I have it, I don’t like to “waste” it.

I totally get that. Not many make a move across country without being exited for a “new adventure”. The only people I know that move without some level of excitement,, are people that want to be closer to family/in-laws. 😳

In the end, only you know what works for you and the Mrs…so ultimately, whether you like the new arrangement, or not, will be 100% up to your expectations. When we moved there …granted, it was more than 25 years ago…both my wife and I found it to be a huge culture shock. I grew up in Ca and went to college on the East Coast. My wife was from Buffalo, NY, and went to college in NYC. …so moving down South was a big change for us, and to be honest, had it not been for our kids, we might have remained. But looking back, moving back North, was the best thing that ever happened to us…and more importantly, for our two boys.

Best of luck on the move.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 04-16-2022 at 04:04 PM.
AlterZgo (04-18-2022)

Quick Reply: My 4GTS coupe should I keep it?