Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different experience this afternoon….

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 10:26 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

I try not to associate with criminals, and as far as I know, have been successful in avoiding them. Point being, I have no first hand knowledge of how, or what criminals think about…however, I would suspect that a homeless person, or a drug addict high on (whatever), somebody that is drunk, or even somebody in a fit of rage…is not thinking rationally about the consequences of his/her actions, but is mainly concerned about self gratification and satisfying their urges, and not getting caught in the process. I would think?

But, I do agree on many instances, that punishment that fits the crime is important to the entire process of making society safer.

With regards to the analogy of kids…well, having raised two boys (I was the enforcer in our family, as my Navy father was to my sister and I), I can say that most time, the threat of punishment was enough to keep them in line (especially in their high school years)…but not always. Liquor, girls, friends and social temptations were sometimes too much of a pull to counter any rational thought, or fear of punishment. It became more of a quest of, what can I do, so that dad won’t know, or catch me? Since high tech gadgetry, for clandestine operations, is what I do best….they discovered after a few attempts to circumvent my rules, that “father knows best”. 😳 😱 Later on in college, my oldest laughingly told me his high school hockey buddies had a nickname for me, “The Eye of Sauron”.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 04-28-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Different experience this afternoon….